Closed Thread
Page 23 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 2013 is so far away!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsLA View Post

Our house is officially on the market now, so fingers crossed for a quick sale for us Im going to the Doc next week for a few bits and pieces, I'm going to try and convince DH that its a good idea for me NOT to get a new prescription for the pill (fingers crossed for that too) ill let you know how I go.
    Ohh exciting for you too. I hope it sells for you quickly. Nothing worse than long drawn out sales. Yeah I was pretty firm with Dp that this would be my last prescription for my pill before we start. I want to give my body time off it rather than start ttc straight away and wonder y it's not working. Dw I'll keep you all up to date with how my body reacts. I was very regular before going on the pill so fx it will be the same coming off it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Oleander! Trying for number 3 how exciting! How many kids are you planning? We're thinking 2 or 3, I think 3 might be the lucky number in the end though

MrsLA - Fingers crossed your house is snapped up quickly! Last time we sold I remember how annoying it was keeping the house spotless for all the open inspections!

LilNightmare - very interested to hear how you go coming off the pill. I've been on it for 6 years without a break, wonder how it'll be off it.

Disney - I'm getting more baby crazed too! I'm actually considering starting to build up a little baby stock pile because I can barely resist buying baby stuff. Do you think that would be too silly? I think it might be mainly because ours would be the first baby in both mine and DP's family and our friend circle so we'll probably be given more stuff than we can ever use anyway. But maybe I could limit to buying just one thing I really want each month, then it would be a sort of count down too. I worked on a budget tonight for when I'm off work after having a baby to see how well we'd afford to live on one wage and it's looking pretty good... another pro on the SAHM list!

Nearly September girls! Pretty much only 4 months left until it's our year woohoo!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLA View Post

I have thought this for about a second too. Then a second later realised that this is totally ridiculous!

Our house is officially on the market now, so fingers crossed for a quick sale for us Im going to the Doc next week for a few bits and pieces, I'm going to try and convince DH that its a good idea for me NOT to get a new prescription for the pill (fingers crossed for that too) ill let you know how I go.
    Oh I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has actually had that thought !! I felt so bad at the time but I was incredibly desperate at that stage.

Fingers crossed for a quick sale mrsLA!! Have you started to look for a new place to buy? That's always my favourite part! We are currently trying to decide what we should do. We have enough room for one child but not too so we don't know if we should sell and move before we start TTC or stay here until we need to move.

Thanks
    Reviews

Tashee - dw I'll make sure I post what happens and I let you know I've been buying things in my stock pile for a while just pieces here and there.. No big furniture things though. I just buy bits and pieces when they are on special.

Thanks
    Reviews
    LilNightmare what have you bought already?

Tashee - I don't think it's crazy to start buying things. Personally I would feel really pressured if I started to buy things... Actually no not pressured I would feel like it might jinx me... I'm really superstitious!! It's ridiculous really

Thanks
    Reviews

Well I've bought mostly clothes, I have a stroller and pram ( these were given to us though) have a few dummies, bottle set, sterilizing set, breast pump , cot sheet set and some cloth nappies. Not buying any big stuff until we know but I have in minute ones I want

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow that's a good chunk of stuff! That's awesome you got given a stroller and a pram. They are expensive so that money you can spend elsewhere! How did you buy a breast pump... Like how did you know what to look for ?

Thanks
    Reviews

To be Honest I researched them and from the reviews and things worked out what I think will be best for me. I ended up getting tommee tippee one as I think that will be best for me. I no its hard to say but liked the bottles and that as well so.

Yes I'm thankful for the pram and stroller. Stroller is brand new still in its packaging but pram has been used but it's a gorgeous pram. It's like the old style ones almost bassinet looking. It was my Dp god sons pram when he was little. He's now 9 so they definitely don't need it anymore lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Breast pumps are something I wouldn't not have even thought about. The thought of them kinda freaks me out a little. Are you planning on doing lots of bottle feeding? What makes one breast pump better than another ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow LilNightmare, that is a fair list of stuff!
    I'm too scared to buy anything, Ive collected some random toys and books along the way, but nothing really for a baby.
    I'm like you Disney, would rather wait until I am pregnant to buy anything.
    Does not stop me stalking baby shops and baby stuff on ebay though.
    I went into cotton on kids and Babyco today. there is just so much cool stuff that I want to buy! I especially like looking at the big ticket things. Prams, cots, bassinets, car seats etc.
    I would not have thought of a breast pump either!