Closed Thread
Page 21 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 2013 is so far away!

Thanks mrsLa. Yeah my Dp was a little bit like that however he understands it may take a little while to get my body back into its regular cycles. Af is due to arrive next week and then I'll be pill free. We will be preventing until after Christmas though. I'm planning to get a pap test in a few weeks and fx all should be good. I've got a few questions for my gp regarding some things about my job and when I do fall pregnant just to be cautious.

I've heard they are good vitamins. I bought the elevit ones. They aren't too bad but can be expensive however they are recommended as one of the best so I don't mind paying the money for the best results hehe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LRA View Post
    Thanks - I'm glad I have some people to talk to about it - saves me from annoying DH all the time - I can't think of much else except baby right now. It's still a little surreal that he brought it up and has given the go ahead - I have wanted this for so long.
    I am just looking into what prep I need to do.
    Yes it is our first baby, and we are the first of all of our friends who will be trying for a baby so I need lots of advice. Anyone who can tell me anything would be greatly appreciated. What prep do I need to be doing? I am looking into all the information that I can find on the internet now. So excited.
    Welcome LRA! How exciting that your DH is ready to TTC sooner than you thought he would be yay! I've been waiting for my DP to be ready for a few years and he finally said 2013 is the year! We're the first of our friends to try for a baby too, so I need lots of advice too! Bubhub has been a great resource for this and reading up about TTC and babies is great for killing time whilst waiting to TTC.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    Im not sure how I'm going to get through nine months of no sushi and sashimi. That will kill me. I eat salmon sashimi every second day for lunch and I get big cravings when I don't have it so that will be the hardest.
    Snap! I was just thinking this today when I was having lunch at sushi train. I have sushi for lunch at least 3 times a week plus dinner at least once. Addicted! Do you know what the rule is with sushi? I know no raw fish but can you still eat the cooked or vegie dishes (I do love tempura eggplant and chamame/edamame)?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LilNightmare View Post
    Oh I feel for you girls in that aspect. Dp and I have been together for almost 7 years so we normally get the when are you getting married question rather than the babies. To us marriage is a piece of paper that can be torn up easily. A baby is a life long commitment and we would rather that then spend a huge amount of money on 1 day that goes way to quick and you have photos to show for it later. Not against marriage though but that's our thoughts currently.
    As for our family and the ttc stuff, his mum know we will be trying soon however his dad knows nothing other than I want a baby while I'm still young to enjoy it. My family knows I want a baby soon and are happy for me when it happens however they dunno when it will be. Only my sister from my family knows my plan.
    Welcome LilNightmare! My DP and I have been together for 6 years and have no plans to get married either, we're not against it but just don't feel like it's something we need. After years of people bugging us about a wedding they've all finally given up... but started on bugging us about kids instead! We haven't (and won't) tell many/anyone when we're trying, don't want any pressure and I'd love to surprise everyone. I'm the same as you, I've only told my sister.

Also one of my cousins has the same problem as your DP, sounds right what you said about one compensating for the other... My cousin has 4 kids including one set of twins!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hey tashee
    Awesome to hear someone feels the same as me about the marriage. When it happens it will happen but no rush for us.
    Oh that's reassuring about your cousin and 4 babies. Let's hope I can have the one .. Just for now of course. I plan on having 3 so fx all goEs well and I can get there.

How many kids would you like?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Tashee View Post
    Snap! I was just thinking this today when I was having lunch at sushi train. I have sushi for lunch at least 3 times a week plus dinner at least once. Addicted! Do you know what the rule is with sushi? I know no raw fish but can you still eat the cooked or vegie dishes (I do love tempura eggplant and chamame/edamame)?

Oh I'm not into that but I'm so not looking forward to not being able enjoying a rare steak

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no I hadn't thought about steak! I have mine rare too! I'm definitely going to struggle with giving up foods more than I will giving up coffee/tea/wine.

We're planning on 2 or 3 kids. DP wants 3 and I'd prefer 2. Our current compromise is if we don't have a girl and boy after having 2 we'll have a third... but I fully expect that I will give in and have 3 no matter what! I just get concerned about finances and needing a bigger house, but I'm sure once we have 2 I'll still be super clucky plus will likely see that 3 won't make much difference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tashee View Post
    You can eat tempura and edamame just not the raw fish and i have heard you have to be careful about sushi in general but my local sushi place has such a high turn over the food doesn't sit there for long

Thanks
    Reviews
    We want 2 or 3 depending on what combination of girl and boys we get. Oh steak cooked anything but rare is horrible!!! I haven told a soul about my TTC plans, I want it to be a surprise for my family as it will be the first baby!!

What did everyone get up to on the weekend?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am going to miss soft cheese and wine the most!!! but really its a small price to pay, so I wont complain too much about it when the time comes

We are saying 2 at the moment, but you never really know!
    We will also definitely be finding out the sex of the baby as soon as we can. My need for plans and being organised far outweighs my want for a surprise.

We had a really busy weekend getting the house ready for photos to go on then internet, hard work keeping your house clean ALL the time.
    Also went to a Trivia night, it was surprisingly fun, I thought it would be really boring, but I enjoyed it.
    Spent the rest of the weekend in agony, as AF reared her ugly head. I used to breeze through life with no pain at all but as I'm getting older, the pain and general miserable feelings are getting worse and worse each month. I keep telling DH its a sign to TTC straight away lol

How was your weekend?