Closed Thread
Page 20 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 2013 is so far away!

We have had top cover private health insurance for 2 years now which cover obstetrics and things... Made sure it was on there for later on so I didn't have to wait the 12 months period.... So I think we will be going to Nepean private... Been looking I to it and the facility and reviews of staff seem pretty good.... Yourself?

Lol at my age believe me if you knew my Dp and I, you would think we are much older than we are.. We're not really the typical gen y kids lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi LRA and LilNightmare, Welcome

23! Man I wish I was 23! I'm almost 30!
    TOTALLY agree with this. I totally still feel 21 though! My Dad told me last night that I should not be planning a 30th, because he thinks should be pregnant and making him grandbabies!!! (he said it jokingly, but I think he was a little serious) He and my Father in Law are the worst for wanting grandchildren ASAP. I always thought it would be our mothers, not fathers putting the pressure on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrs LA I don't feel 21 (I wish I did) but in my mind I'm still 26. For some reason my age has stopped there. It's the first thing that comes out my mouth without even thinking about it. Then I've gotta take a sec and think wait no that's not right! LOL

LilNightmare - we are looking at The San. There are a few really good ones near me but I'm leaning towards The San.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLA View Post
    Dad told me last night that I should not be planning a 30th, because he thinks should be pregnant and making him grandbabies!!! (he said it jokingly, but I think he was a little serious) He and my Father in Law are the worst for wanting grandchildren ASAP. I always thought it would be our mothers, not fathers putting the pressure on.

Yeah I'm getting it from my dad too!! My mum is trying to talk me out of the idea!

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh I feel for you girls in that aspect. Dp and I have been together for almost 7 years so we normally get the when are you getting married question rather than the babies. To us marriage is a piece of paper that can be torn up easily. A baby is a life long commitment and we would rather that then spend a huge amount of money on 1 day that goes way to quick and you have photos to show for it later. Not against marriage though but that's our thoughts currently.
    As for our family and the ttc stuff, his mum know we will be trying soon however his dad knows nothing other than I want a baby while I'm still young to enjoy it. My family knows I want a baby soon and are happy for me when it happens however they dunno when it will be. Only my sister from my family knows my plan.

Disney- I haven't really heard much about the San. Nepean private is 10 minutes from my place so that one Is nice and easy for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah my DH and I have been together for 10 years and we got hounded from year 5 on about getting married (then each of my friends got married and had babies) and 10 years on we have just got married ( friends are 3 years into their marriages and have had 2 kids) and now we are being harrassed to have children. You can never please people!

The San is in wahroonga, I've also just looked at reviews of norwest private too and that looks like a good hospital. It's only a few years old. Most of my friends had their babies at The San and one at westmead private. Having the hospital 10 mins away would be awesomely helpful!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Well I was in westmead private in February this year, had my wisdom teeth removed and I must admit the care there was great however the convenience of a hospital 10 minutes away seems more rational. Westmead is about 30 mins away depending on traffic and time of day.

Is there anything else you have been looking into in prep?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm on top of the list I posted a couple do days ago not really. I need to book in for a check up at the dentist at some point in the future. I'm going on a holiday in November and then it's Christmas and then bam in full baby planning processes from January.

Im still aiming for late mate to start trying, which is 36 or so weeks away which is nothing at all!

Here is my post about my plans for pre TTC

My planning to TTC list includes losing 5-6 kgs. I'm happy where I am at the moment but I have read that 6-10 kgs is the norm for baby weight so I figure if I loose some first it will make it easier in the end. I do Pilates (I also have back issues from time to time) so I will get more serious with that. I will master my pelvic floor muscle exercises. Start taking vitamins - I'm not sure which ones yet. I need to book an appointment with my gp and speak to her about which vitamins I should take, get the whooping cough vac, get my rubella immunity checked. I'm going to start to eat better, I'm going to have to work on reducing my coffee intake which is going to be hard. I'm going to have to go off the pill and see what my body does. I don't actually know the last time I wasn't on the pill so figuring out how my body works is a must on my list! Hmm that's sort of it at the moment.
    Last edited by Disney; 19-08-2012 at 20:08.

Thanks
    Reviews

Fair enough. That's a pretty good list.
    As I said before I'm on my last pill sheet ATM, got a week left on it. I thought I would give it a few months in between coming off the pill and ttc to get my body in order. I'm like yourself have no idea how my body will react. I've been on the pill since I was 15 so I'm hoping my body will be nice to me in them months and sort itself out. As per the weight thing, I have been steadily losing weight for the last 2 years. I've got from 99 kgs to 75kgs in that time. I'm hoping to get down a little more as I'm still classed as overweight for my height and age however if I don't get there before I get a bfp, I don't mind. I have started on elevit and Dp on menevit seems they are one of the most recommended and we need all the help we can get in terms of him lol. I did the dentist this week gone and all is well. Have another check up in 6 months time. Fx I'll be pregnant by them.

Seems like we are both on track. I just think I'm getting too excited and I dont even know what to expect in the next few months ahead. Just have babies on the brain. I'm sure you all have the same feeling too...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on your weight loss LilNightmare, that's a great effort
    I'm also on my last pill sheet, and trying to convince DH that I should just go off the pill altogether and see what happens, not trying, but not preventing. However he believes that not being on the pill will = pregnant straight away, (I know its possible, but I don't think likely)

I think I will take blackmores conceive well gold when we do make a decision on when I will stop the pill. I have heard lot of good things.
    The only other thing that I need to do is go to the dentist. (I really should book it in, but I just hate going there!!!)