Closed Thread
Page 2 of 107 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My recent thoughts ....

I have been thinking a lot this week about how I would like to give birth to this baby I will one day have (brought on by one born every minute I suspect). I know it goes against a lot of what many people think but the epidural sitting back relaxing seems pretty damn good to me. The whole pain thing doesn't seem right to me. I also have a very low tolerance for pain (I can't even handle getting a needle, yet an epi does scare me hmm). I also have 25 names on my list and I have decided on the hospital (granted we don't move).

Im also trying to decide of its a little crazy to start buying baby books, I want to but can't bring myself to do it... Almost like I'm not worthy... Nuts I know

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mid to late 2013 probably for us too. It's number two for us as well. DD is 7 weeks old but I already can't wait to start trying for her little brother or sister! Crazy I know!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Disney: when and what channel is this show on I'd love to watch it!?! As for the labour pains and pain relief methods I believe as long as they come into this world alive and well that's all that matters because as soon as their in your arms no matter how they were brought into this world it just isn't going to matter.

My DP wants a spring or summer baby but I'm going nuts with the thought of even waiting until April! We are looking into buying a house next month which should have me excited and distracted however im just focused on BABY BABY BABY! I have bought a couple of baby books also a few little items of clothing. Oh and I cot set with turtles on it because I couldn't resist. Only thing with owning all that stuff is it brings me down whenever I look at it because I want it to all be valid right now. I suppose it's no different to everyone one around us falling pregnant

I just need to be able to switch off this crazy brain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    Im also trying to decide of its a little crazy to start buying baby books, I want to but can't bring myself to do it...
    I'm still waiting at least another year to TTC (I've already waited 4 so 1 more won't hurt...)

Anyway, just last night DP was out so I was online shopping (as you do! lol) and bought a book on attachment parenting, one on maintaining a healthy vegetarian diet throughout pregnancy & breastfeeding, and two picture books that I thought would be really nice for our hypothetical future children...

So you may be crazy but you're not the only one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SittingWaitingWishingX View Post
    Disney: when and what channel is this show on I'd love to watch it!?!
    SBS. You can watch it online on the SBS website anytime too

Thanks
    Reviews
    SittingWaitingWishing and Baburun you have already bought books and other baby related things?!? Oh my gosh I'm so jealous. I take sneaky looks at books in dymocks but I can't bring myself to buy them. I feel silly and I know I shouldn't, actually I think it's a little of what you said SittingWaitingWishing it's a little bit of a downer to have those things and not be "there" yet.

SittingWaitingWishing - I think you and I have similar ideas to child birth, whatever gets the baby here safely is fine by me. What do you think of 'one born every minute'? Baburun do you like the show??

I have started researching obgyn's and I think I have made a decision. My DH thinks I'm insane but I am justifying it by saying its so I know how much it's going to cost so we can budget it. He really doesn't understand what I'm going through which is so frustrating!! He rolls his eyes and it kills me a little...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Baburun View Post
    I'm still waiting at least another year to TTC (I've already waited 4 so 1 more won't)
    4 years of waiting? What's your story??

Attachement parenting? What's that?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    4 years of waiting? What's your story??

Attachement parenting? What's that?!
    lol no real story, I've just been really clucky for a while!
    I actually ended what was in retrospect, a fairly unhealthy relationship in the time since I first joined BH 4 years ago - had I stayed in that relationship we probably would have been TTC/pregnant long ago but I'm glad I didn't.

But then I met my current DP who is the bestest thing ever, and once we were getting serious and talking about children in the future I returned to bubhubland. Because I like to plan and prepare and be as informed as possible about everything! But we're still waiting him to finish uni and get a job and all that first.
    I deal with the whole overwhelming desire thing by reading lots, and by trying extra hard to enjoy all those things I know I won't be able to do with a baby

I do watch "One Born Every Minute" too, and cry every time a baby is born especially when the dad's cry, that totally gets me!
    There's usually a couple of threads about it kicking around the forum.

Attachment parenting (my interpretation at least) is a particular philosophy based on aspects of developmental psychology, where the emphasis is on attending to the babies emotional needs and forming a really strong bond between the baby and the caregiver. Creating a really secure attachment leads to increased confidence, independence, empathy, etc later in childhood and throughout the rest of their lives.
    There's a forum section devoted to it where the ladies can explain it much better than I can

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tashee View Post
    I'm actually planning to draw up a budget to put a proposal to dp that maybe we could afford a baby sooner. That's not much of a solution to suppressing baby urges though, perhaps more so an attempt to get my own way
    I totally love this by the way, I'm imagining you sitting your DP down and you giving a big power point presentation with lots of tables and graphs to objectively demonstrate why a baby now is clearly the superior plan...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I watched the 'one born every minute' I absolutely loved it made me very emotional. Do u ever find your baby fever comes in waves more strong some days than others? I find it's always on my mind but seems to be very strong somedays and I get a little down in the dumps and get impatient. I'm surprised DP hasn't ran off a million miles an hour. My head agree that we wait so that we have bought our house and settled but my heart begs otherwise. I just feel frustrated because DP wants a spring or summer baby but I don't think he understands that the concept doesn't just happen it takes time.!!! Grrrr