Closed Thread
Page 18 of 107 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLA View Post
    Hi Ladies,
    I've not been around for a few days! We have been really busy finalising all the details about getting our house on the market. We finally have everything sorted! for a quick sale, then we can start TTC sooner!

Disney, your idea of childbirth sounds amazing! Wouldn't it be fantastic if it was like that!!! You make it sound totally painless and possibly even enjoyable haha (I love cupcakes)
    I hate those horrible baby dreams. Even when they are nice baby dreams and everything is perfect I still wake up feeling terrible because it is not real.
    How crazy can dreams be? I mean tying off the cord with a piece of her hair???

I have had some horrible and some quite ok baby dreams, I just cant remember any of them right now, (I generally only remember my dreams for a little while after I wake up)

How has everyone been this week?
    Oh that's exciting news about your house. I hope it sells quickly and you get what you want for it!!

Yeah I love my idea of childbirth. It was inspired by the 2 births I have been apart of (sort of). My aunt went into labour at a family bbq and went off to hospital and had an epidural and then the rest of the family went and hung out with her and my uncle in hospital until the doctor kicked everyone out so she could push. 45 minutes later we were called back in to meet my cousin and then we all went off to the pub down the road to have an early dinner and to let my aunt and uncle have some happy family time and then came back at visiting hours to continue the party with my aunt and uncle and new bubs. We toasted the birth with champagne (oj for my aunt) cupcakes and flowers. It was first experience of the whole baby thing and I thought it was great! The second was my oldest cousin. She was at my aunts birth party and she thought it was the only way to welcome a baby so she did the same thing. Labour - hospital - epidural - party - push - baby - champagne toasts with a very fancy cheese and meat spread (she is more into salami and cheese than cupcakes). So I figure I'll do the same thing!

Oh I was so disturbed by my crazy dream!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013 is so far away!

Hey ladies.
    Ive been reading through some of your conversations so I thought I'd post for the first time and join this one.
    I'm 23, Dp is 24, we are hoping to start ttc late December ( after Christmas) or January 2013. I finish my bcp in a weeks time so I'm hoping my body will be lovely to me and sort it's self out quickly. I have already started taking elevit and he is taking the menevit. In a perfect world we would conceive like that but I'm a little worried that I'll be one of these lovely ladies who it takes a long time. My Dp has 1 testicle due to an undescended testicle as a child which he had removed. Im probs over reacting but still.

So there's a bit about me lol look forward to talking with you all about this journey....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi LilNightmare! Welcome!!!

Christmas is just around the corner 18 or so weeks I think. It will come around quickly, so excited for you. I wish It was that close for me, most of the ladies here are looking at march - June time frames for TTC.

We all have the fears of long TTC journeys, fingers crossed its quick for you. Have you spoken to the doc about your DP having 1 testicle to get an understanding of how that may or may not effect the baby making process? It could make things less stressful if you know it might take that little bit longer? My DH has some blood disorders and we have already had some genetic councilling for that. One of the conditions can make him slightly infertile and the other condition can/will be passed to our kids but they will be carriers only I hope.

How old are you and which state are you from?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read all the posts in this thread, but my DH finally came and told me that we can also start TTC in early 2013. Although, now realising our schedule with a big wedding with me as MOH, we may need to wait until a little later so that I am not about to drop on the altar!!!
    So we may be late 2013 too. Seems like sooo far away. I have wanted a baby for so long, and have been trying not to bug DH about it too much, because I knew he would be ready in his own time and me constantly talking about it would make it worse.
    I have been on cloud nine since he brought up the topic without any prompting.

Now just to count down until late 2013. *sigh*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi LRA!!

Welcome to our thread. We are all very desperate to have a baby and the waiting game sucks, so you have come to the right place LOL!

At the moment I'm counting down the time to my pre baby prep which is not far away at all (January). Are you planning some pre baby prep? Is this your first baby?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    Hi LRA!!

Welcome to our thread. We are all very desperate to have a baby and the waiting game sucks, so you have come to the right place LOL!

At the moment I'm counting down the time to my pre baby prep which is not far away at all (January). Are you planning some pre baby prep? Is this your first baby?
    Thanks - I'm glad I have some people to talk to about it - saves me from annoying DH all the time - I can't think of much else except baby right now. It's still a little surreal that he brought it up and has given the go ahead - I have wanted this for so long.
    I am just looking into what prep I need to do.
    Yes it is our first baby, and we are the first of all of our friends who will be trying for a baby so I need lots of advice. Anyone who can tell me anything would be greatly appreciated. What prep do I need to be doing? I am looking into all the information that I can find on the internet now. So excited.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's so fantastic your DP is on board with the whole TTC, that is so exciting.

This will be my first baby too, but I'm the last of my friends but I don't feel so comfortable talking to them really. They think I'm very silly with my stupid questions and I've been judged a couple of times so I'm keeping quite about this until I'm actually pregnant. Less pressure..

My planning to TTC list includes losing 5-6 kgs. I'm happy where I am at the moment but I have been told that 6-12kgs is the norm for baby weight so I figure if I loose some first it will make it easier in the end.

I do Pilates (I also have back issues from time to time) so I will get more serious with that. I will master my pelvic floor muscle exercises.

Go to the dentists for a check up.

Start taking vitamins - I'm not sure which ones yet. I need to book an appointment with my gp and speak to her about which vitamins I should take, get the whooping cough vac, get my rubella immunity checked.

I'm going to start to eat better, not that I eat bad now but try and be extra good, and I'm going to have to work on reducing my coffee intake which is going to be hard. I will also savor every bit if sashimi I eat!

I'm going to have to go off the pill and see what my body does. I don't actually know the last time I wasn't on the pill so figuring out how my body works is a must on my list! Hmm that's sort of it at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks.

I also started pilates this week because I have back issues. It's an hour semi-private class at the physio and I really enjoyed it. So I am going to continue doing that weekly to get my core muscles working. We sound in a similar boat!
    I am fairly happy with my weight, but may try to drop 3-4 kilos by the end of this year/beginning of next year. I am seeing my gp on Wednesday about other blood tests that I have had done and will discuss with her about what I need to do prior to TTC. I have just started a gluten free diet, after realising I have been gluten intolerant for quite some time, but just thought the stomach pain was normal. It seems to be much healthier and I feel a lot better without the irritation to my stomach, so I will have to maintain that through pregnancy, but will ask if there is anything else that I need to change.

How early should we be starting pre-pregnancy vitamins? Is there any time that is really too early? I would rather take it for longer just to be safe, than not take it for long enough and risk affecting baby.

I also have to get my implanon removed. I was on the pill for a couple of years before I had it inserted, so have had continuous hormone contraception for the last 5 years approximately, so I don't know how long it will take for my body to return to a normal cycle.

I also need to reduce my coffee intake! Coffee is my one bad addiction, so I will work on starting to decrease that now. And I will need to destress - at the moment I have a pretty tough class (I am a school teacher) and occasionally they stress me so I need to work on that.

I am so glad there are people to talk to here. I am just busting to tell my friends that we are going to try for a baby soon, but I really don't want to mention it until we are actually pregnant. It is still sinking in that we have actually set ourselves a time that we agree on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm actually going to speak to my gp about vitamins as I have heard mixed things about them. As a part of my bloods I'll check my essential vitamins and then I'm planning on just taking the ones I need.

Yeah I have been on hormonal contraception for 11 years non stop so I actually have no idea what a normal period is like and how my body is going to react so that's a little scary. I hope I don't have period pain I've heard that's horrible!

De-stressing is important, it can be hard. Do you get to choose what class you teach next year so you can take a little easy? I've been reducing my coffee to only 1 (granted it is a starbucks venti) in the morning and then trying to have peppermint tea and chai tea through the day. I will gradually reduce the size of the coffee and I've read one small coffee a day whilst pregnant is fine.

Im not sure how I'm going to get through nine months of no sushi and sashimi. That will kill me. I eat salmon sashimi every second day for lunch and I get big cravings when I don't have it so that will be the hardest.

Which state do you live in?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will talk to my GP on wedndesday about it and see what she says. I haven't asked earlier because I thought it was going to take forever for DH to come around (he is always joking - "we have at least 5 years until we have to worry about kids". He does it with a smile on his face to stir me up, so I knew he was joking, but Im glad he finally got serious about it)
    I don't eat sushi or sashimi so I am fine on that account, but coffee will be tough for me.
    The principle at school is sending around emails with surveys on Monday about what class everyone has a preference for. Although I still have to decide if it is the school that I want to stay at. At the moment I am only on a contract until the end of the year, but if I get offered something again I have to decide if I want to take it on or try to find a school closer to home. At the moment I travel about 40 mins in the morning (no traffic) and up to an hour in the afternoon with traffic. I know that there are lots of schools closer that won't be as much travel and would probably be easier in terms of students ( I am in a very multicultural area at the moment with most of the students having english as a second language) but I love the staff that I work with now. They are all really supportive and it would be less stressful if I didn't have to go through the interview process and wondering where I might end up if I don't accept a position at my current school. Just one more decision to make.