Closed Thread
Page 15 of 107 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey Hailzy!! Welcome

Oh early 2013, thats certainly not far away at all! How exciting!! Your plans seem good to begin your TTC journey, weight loss, financial checks, dental and doctors are pretty much on my list as well! Do you think it will take long for your body to adjust after Implanon? Where are you from?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Disney Thanks for the welcome!
    Early 2013 seems close but also far away lol
    Just hope $$ wise everything goes to track, it's tough cos I'm budgeting so that if we conceived first time I'm prepared but also mindful that it could take a lot longer *touch wood it happens quickly*
    I feel like my body should react okay being off Implanon. It was okay when I'd been off it before. You just never know & I've never paid a lot of attention to ovulation & cycles etc.
    I'm from regional Vic (about 1 hr from Melbourne)
    So happy I found this thread. It's tough not being able to talk to anyone other than hubby about it. He is great though & happy for us to try whenever.
    When do you all plan on starting vitamins & going Dr etc? I've been reading sooo much & I'm worried that if I'm not 100% perfectly healthy that it could be bad for future bubs? What are your thoughts?
    What are everyone else's stories??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hailzy View Post
    Hi Disney Thanks for the welcome!
    Early 2013 seems close but also far away lol
    Just hope $$ wise everything goes to track, it's tough cos I'm budgeting so that if we conceived first time I'm prepared but also mindful that it could take a lot longer *touch wood it happens quickly*
    I feel like my body should react okay being off Implanon. It was okay when I'd been off it before. You just never know & I've never paid a lot of attention to ovulation & cycles etc.
    I'm from regional Vic (about 1 hr from Melbourne)
    So happy I found this thread. It's tough not being able to talk to anyone other than hubby about it. He is great though & happy for us to try whenever.
    When do you all plan on starting vitamins & going Dr etc? I've been reading sooo much & I'm worried that if I'm not 100% perfectly healthy that it could be bad for future bubs? What are your thoughts?
    What are everyone else's stories??
    Ive never paid any attention at all to cycles and ovulation. I take the pill and I usually skip periods (because I can) so I'm interested too, to see how my body reacts. I hope things go well for you once you have it taken out. I plan ongoing to the doctors in jan - feb and I'm planning on TTC in June. If I need injections ( I'm getting whooping cough) like rubella then that gives me time for that to settle. I'll also talk to the doc about vitamins at that appointment too because I've heard mixed reviews about pregnancy vitamins and my gp will let me know what I need when I get my blood test done. So supplements will start in feb and I'll go off the pill in feb/march.

In regards to your concerns about not being 100% healthy and how that will effect bubs... Think about it very very very large and unhealthy women have babies, drug addicts have babies, teenage girls who drink and smoke and eat nothing but maccas have babies and 9 times out of 10 they produce perfectly healthy babies (with the exception of the drug addicts I suppose) then on the other hand I know health freaks who have had bubs that have had some issues so I think you need to relax and if you are happy with how you feel then that's the best you can do. Let nature take its course and you and your bubs will be fine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi and welcome Hailzy

I am really worried about coming off the pill, how my body will react, it has been a really really long time! I'm glad that you are confident that you will be ok off implanon.

In regards to your concerns about not being 100% healthy and how that will effect bubs... Think about it very very very large and unhealthy women have babies, drug addicts have babies, teenage girls who drink and smoke and eat nothing but maccas have babies and 9 times out of 10 they produce perfectly healthy babies (with the exception of the drug addicts I suppose) then on the other hand I know health freaks who have had bubs that have had some issues so I think you need to relax and if you are happy with how you feel then that's the best you can do. Let nature take its course and you and your bubs will be fine!
    This is so true Disney, we all need to remember this at times. But I think that considering we are planning and really wanting children (some of the above mentioned may not be) it is in our nature to be a little concerned, and want to try to be as healthy as we can. But we definitely all need to take your advice and relay and let nature take its course.

Hailzy, I have already been to the docs and don't need any immunizations, so am ready to TTC as soon as DH agrees on a time frame When he does I think that i will be taking Blackmores conceive well gold.
    The only think that I still want to do is have a dentist check up.

Which direction out of Melbourne are you? I'm also about an hour out of Melbourne, We are South East of Melbourne

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Hailzy! Early 2013 will come around so fast, can't believe we are well into August already! We're planning to TTC in mid 2013 and I'm excited that it's less than a year away, you only have about 6 months, I bet it will fly! Like you said it's great to have some other people to talk about TTC plans other than your DH. We haven't told anyone else (I did tell my sister who I'm very close to, but she's living in Vietnam until early next year so not around for chats) and I'm dying to discuss it, has been great being able to talk to others in this thread.

Disney - Wow I'm so jealous about all you Disneyland/Disneyworld trips! What did you think of the Harry Potter Wizarding World? If we go to the US late next year we were going to do Disneyland LA again but I am tempted by Florida mainly because of Wizarding World being there. Will all depend on time and money, we have family in LA so will go there either way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Disney that's a great point about all the people who get pregnant & have healthy bubbas. Like that show "I didn't know I was pregnant". Some of their stories are incredible. Im surprised their bubbas always seem to turn out healthily. I think you're right though- hard not to worry for me as I'm def one of those people who plans & organises everything!
    Disney a few of the things you mentioned I'll have to ask my Dr, possibly when I get Implanon out. Hopefully your body adapts well off the pill - at least you'll have a few months to sort out your cycle.
    MrsLA how long before TTC do you plan on going off the pill? Most people are on some form of contraception before TTC & they have kids so surely you'll be the same. When are you thinking of TTC?
    I live in Geelong you?
    As Fir supplements I take a multi vitamin anyway so I guess I'll ask the Dr what I should take. Mainly we need to stick to our budget& lose weight & focus in healthy changes. Ialso don't want to get too caught up in TTC & wish away time. It's funny though ever since I made this decision it's been on my mind heaps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tashee missed your post sorry!!!
    mid 2013 should also come around quickly, especially with Christmas & Easter in there. That's great you could tell your sister Where abouts are you from? Do you have any other kids?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tashee View Post
    Disney - Wow I'm so jealous about all you Disneyland/Disneyworld trips! What did you think of the Harry Potter Wizarding World? If we go to the US late next year we were going to do Disneyland LA again but I am tempted by Florida mainly because of Wizarding World being there. Will all depend on time and money, we have family in LA so will go there either way.
    Harry potter world was amazing! The rides are by far some of the best I have ever experienced but it is very small. You can get around that section of universal studios in 3 hours. The rest of universal studios is really good too. We just did one day there and spent the majority of it at Harry potter world then hit up some of the cool rides in the rest of the park.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So today at work I decided I would look at prams online. Prams are a recent obsession of mine, I see a lot of them in my line of work. I have narrowed it down to 2... Has anyone else looked at prams? If so which tickle your fancy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't looked at anything really! Only really a tiny bit to get ball park figures for my budget, I'm big into budgeting.
    What are your top two?
    What do you do for work??
    Worried if I looked at baby stuff I'd want a baby right now

Today I floated the idea of having kids past my mum. I don't want to tell anyone when we try TTC but I don't want my parents being shocked either.