Closed Thread
Page 14 of 107 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    Oh on track for June hey.. So that makes a feb baby!? (I'm still trying to get my mind around Due dates.. I want to stay away from December and January, feb I'm ok with...march - may I'd love! June and July are so so, August - October are my most wanted months but im not willing to wait for them and November is ok LOL !! I have reasons for each of these too if anyone wants to my crazy reasoning LOL!)
    !
    Ok so MrsLA here is my reasoning.

December and jan are too close to Christmas, so you get all your presents at the one time and you have to wait a whole year before the next big event rolls around. Also you would either be one of the youngest in your class or one of the oldest. Feb is ok, the weather is still nice for pool parties and school has started so you have had time to make friends to invite to your birthday when you start school. March - may is great because it's been a few months since Christmas, weather is nice for outdoor parties, you can start school at 5 and turn 6, when you turn 18 it's not too close to your HSC (in NSW). June and July are cold making all birthday parties inside and I'm just not a fan of June and July LOL. Aug - october! These are my favourite months and this is where it gets crazy... I am planning on taking my children when they are 10 to Walt Disney world and aug-oct are the best months to go there and I would love them to spend a birthday at Walt Disney world ( i told you it's crazy) also the months are warming up for outdoor birthday parties in the park, it's been a while since Christmas so a burst of presents would be nice, it's after the big toy sale in June so you can stock up on gifts and save money. It also means you will be 18 to celebrate with your friends when you finish your HSC and go to schoolies and not be left out.

So there you have it my insane reasoning behind months for birthdays.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLA View Post
    Lots of our friends and family are starting to bug us about when we will have children, I just keep saying 'not yet' but deep down thinking 'hopefully REALLY soon' I don't really want too many people to know when we do start trying, because i think the pressure would be too much.
    I say this exact same thing !!!!!! I keep running with the whole 'we have traveling to do, we've only just got married, we aren't ready yet' lines!

Tashee- you asked about age gap, I'd like 2 years, no more than 2 years. I don't know how people have 12 months in between babies that seems a little intense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tashee View Post
    Also how many kids is everyone planning? We want to have 2 or 3.
    My gosh we have had a very rough couple of weeks! DS has been sick with a cold so hasn't been happy at all, won't feed properly because of his blocked nose, crying because it hurts, spitting out panadol. One day he cried for 2hours. All I could do was walk him around the house while he wiped his snot all over me. He has never been a crier so I'm getting really worried, then the diareaha (s?) starts pooey nappies every hour. and he hates having his nappy changed so even more crying. Last sat we went to emergency with him because I as worried he was getting dehydrated with the pooeys and the not eating much. he was okay, much to my relief. Poor little kid is so skinny now, he has always been on the light side but has over the last couple of months dropped down to the 3rd percentile, so who knows how much he weighs now. I was sick with a cold Dh is extremely stressed out at work, no sleep, its been terrible!

So from always wanting 3 kids, DS will be lucky if he even gets a sibling!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Disney, I love your reasonings! I was happy when DS was born in august as it would be awhile before the next influx of toys. We are so hanging out for his birthday on sunday now though, all his toys are getting so boring. I can't wait to play with his new stuff!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Trio thats terrible news about your DS!! There would be nothing worse than sick babies, you cant explain to them whats wrong or why they feel the way they do. Is it all better now?

Ha ha ha my DH thinks my reasonings are crazy, i've always had them in the back of my mind but rarely shared them out of fear people will think its silly. Obviously at the end of the day i dont care which month my baby is born, its not like i would regret anything its just i have months i prefer over others.

My next problem is my desperation to have a baby doesnt match our TTC plans as we wont be ready until mid 2013 so that means i miss out on my ultimate months (Aug-Oct) but im happy with the March - May months (which means I gotta get baby making in late May - July) and that fits in with the plans. I would honestly stop if we dont happen to fall pregnant in those months and wait until November to try again.

The second baby i'll aim for the Aug - October (the second level of crazy with my months of preference, making sure the childrens birthdays are spread through the year)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trio, I hope your DS is feeling better and you are getting over your cold. Hopefully you are all feeling better really soon, It must be really heartbreaking to see him so unwell, with not a lot that you can do about it?

Disney, your reasoning are really...........reasonable! By far i think the best reason is Walt Disney World, that would be so fantastic.
    I also totally agree with 2nd children reasons, many birthdays accross the year are much more fun than all clumped together.

Now that I think about it, I don't really want a late march or April baby, school cut off is at the end of April and often (in my experience) children are not quite ready socially or emotionally to go to school at 5 and being the youngest in their class, (although there are some children that are ready) but if you wait to send them the next year when they are 6 then they are the oldest, and often get bored at kinder!
    However in saying this, I don't think I will alter TTC in any way to achieve not having a baby in these months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah the more you think about it you can really narrow down a lot of reasons for particular months but as you said mrsLA it's very unlikely to alter TTC plans.

I thnk the Walt Disney world is the best one too!! LOL! It's my favourite place on earth!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    I thnk the Walt Disney world is the best one too!! LOL! It's my favourite place on earth!
    It really is the best place! I love Disneyland! Which one have you been to? I've been to the Disneyland in LA a few times, I love it so much! When we go to Europe next year we're going to go to Euro Disney too, can't wait! I'm a huge Disney fan too, I have just about every movie on DVD. Cannot wait to watch them all with future kiddies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone
    Ive been looking at this site & the forums for a little while now & just found this thread! Would love to be a part of it if that's okay??
    my husband & I got married Oct 2012 & are looking to ttc in early 2013.
    Once a few financial boxes are checked then we are set!
    I really want to (and need to) lose weight by then but am on my way!
    I also don't know when to do everything I.e Dr & Dentist etc
    am on Implanon but getting that removed in a couple weeks so I my body can adjust!
    Looking forward to chatting to you all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tashee View Post
    It really is the best place! I love Disneyland! Which one have you been to? I've been to the Disneyland in LA a few times, I love it so much! When we go to Europe next year we're going to go to Euro Disney too, can't wait! I'm a huge Disney fan too, I have just about every movie on DVD. Cannot wait to watch them all with future kiddies.
    Oh another disney fan!!! I have been to Disneyland LA 4 times now and Disney World 3 times, I have been to Hong Kong disney but I have yet to go to Euro and Tokyo Disney. I stayed at the Disney resort in Hawaii just after it opened! It was amazing!!! I was last at Disney World (and Harry Potter world, ahh!!) in March this year and im going back to Disneyland LA in November . OBSESSED!!