Closed Thread
Page 12 of 107 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Tashee. I did the surprise wedding and my sister did the small secluded island wedding in Fiji. Both were great and if you choose to get married my only advice is do what is right for you and DP and not for anyone else.

My need for plans is also extreme!! The plan rules supreme in our house. So by all means I say plan your compromise, bargain and arguments before the conversation starts with DP on the weekend.

I also agree one born every minute UK is much better than US. The US ladies all appear to always stay in bed. I can't imagine that I would like to birth like that. I hate staying still at any time, and imagine that I will be in the shower then on he fit ball then in bed then walking around!!

Good luck with your chat with DP on the weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tashee View Post
    Hi guys

Anyway, I really wanted to get back on here this week because I have been having such a bad week baby planning wise. I was baby crazy earlier this week because my best friend had a baby girl on Monday, so that brought up the subject with DP.

I am so upset, it will be late 2013 by the time we can afford/have enough annual leave to go to the US which means we'll be TTC at the end of 2013 at the earliest instead of mid 2013. Now that I've typed this out it sounds a bit silly, it's only 6 months, but I just feel so devastated! I can't help it! I guess it's just something I want so badly that this slight set back is so disappointing. I was too upset to talk to DP about it properly, but I'm thinking of suggesting we still start trying in mid 2013 and if we don't conceive by late 2013 we can plan a US trip for sometime in the coming months but keep trying and I can just go on the trip a few months pregnant. Only risk is if we conceive quickly he might have to give up the US idea. Hopefully we can work something out, really if it was just up to me we'd already be TTC but I gave in and agreed to 1 more overseas trip first (the Europe one in Feb), he really should meet me somewhere in the middle with this.

Also - oh my gosh I never knew all these things about poo and mucus plugs and bleeding for so long after birth, scary! I need to start reading up! I have started watching One Born Every Minute after seeing so many comments on here about it and I love it! It's my secret indulgence when I'm home alone, I sob the whole way through each episode so have to watch it privately haha!

HOMS - I hate waiting too! I always feel like I have a perpetual list of about the same length of things I'm waiting for in life, maybe it will always be like that but waiting to TTC definitely seems worse than anything else so far.

Disney - that's a great idea to count down to the TTC prep instead of your TTC date, I might adopt that method too once I've sorted out our approx TTC date with DP. What kind of TTC prep are you planning on? All I really know about is starting to take vitamins and I thought I might start Pilates or Yoga classes in the months leading up because I'm prone to back problems. I'd love to add some other prep plans to that short list
    Tashee- I would be so upset as well! Don't feel silly at all about being disappointed. A 6 month shift is a big chunk of time but it could be worse!

We wanted to do 2 big trips before TTC and we have decided that we can travel with a small bub and do the second trip easily. Maybe this could be an option for you as well? I have travelled around the states a lot of that would be one of the best places to have a small bub and still travel.

One born every minute is my secret indulgence too! When DH goes out I watch it and cry!

My planning to TTC list includes losing 5-6 kgs. I'm happy where I am at the moment but I have read that 6-10 kgs is the norm for baby weight so I figure if I loose some first it will make it easier in the end. I do Pilates (I also have back issues from time to time) so I will get more serious with that. I will master my pelvic floor muscle exercises. Start taking vitamins - I'm not sure which ones yet. I need to book an appointment with my gp and speak to her about which vitamins I should take, get the whooping cough vac, get my rubella immunity checked. I'm going to start to eat better, I'm going to have to work on reducing my coffee intake which is going to be hard. I'm going to have to go off the pill and see what my body does. I don't actually know the last time I wasn't on the pill so figuring out how my body works is a must on my list! Hmm that's sort of it at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome MrsLA !!! Congrats for your wedding in march! I got married in march too!! Which date? The mountains of melbourne are so pretty!! I used to live in Melbourne, south eastern suburbs as well! I miss Melbourne so much! I hope your house selling is successful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HOMS View Post
    Disney - the weekend was good and we got to see our nephew who is such a happy kid generally. He had a good 1st birthday even though it was not really a kid's party, more a gathering of people and children. They had no games for the kids or things for them to play on/with. It was strange because BIL and SIL spent so much time getting my IL's to look after their LO while they were "setting up" but I am not quite sure what they were actually doing. Otherwise we didn't have time to really do much else. Oh, we did have a nice meal in Chatswood and at a Yum Cha place in the new Westfield shopping centre in the CBD.
    Oh the Yum Cha place (Sky Pheonix) is so good!! We have lots of work lunches there. If you like dumplings, the next time you are in Sydney you MUST try Din Tai Fung, its in World Square, Seriously the best dumplings i have ever had!! The line up can be a little long but its so worth it! Oh thinking about it now is making crave dumplings! Actually you might have seen it in the food court at the Westfield in the CBD.

I have already been through the TTC prep and I am still taking my vitamins (they make me feel good so I figure I might as well stay on them) and doing my yoga. The only thing I do need to do before TTC is get a rubella booster again because apparently my immunity to that sucks despite having a booster late last year. The twiddling thumbs thing or not being able to progress things quicker is what is getting to me at the moment. Plus the fact I know my IL's are desperate for us to have a GC for them. They are already talking about going back to Sydney to see my nephew in September.
    which vitamins do you take? IL's can put so much pressure on having children! I'm lucky my parents are trying to encourage us to wait and to do as much as possible before having kids. I think my mum is so scared to be a 'grandmother' and the aging that the title puts on a person! LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    /$&
    Last edited by HOMS; 16-08-2012 at 22:46.

Thanks
    Reviews

Disney - wow you have an awesome plan. I thought it was 11-20 kgs weight gain while pg? Ah, so much confusion. I have reduced my alcohol intake but finding the caffeine one a bit difficult, only cos at my work they shove tea and coffee at you all the time. Need to get them to shove herbal tea my way instead.
    11-20kg! That's insane! I've spoken to my friends who have have babies and the most any of them put on was 10kgs And she did no exercise at all and ate for 2. The average was 8 kgs. I would throw myself off the bottom step if I put on more than 10kgs! I plan on swimming while pg and continue to do Pilates and eat very healthy! I don't want to be having to look after a new baby and have the added pressure of lugging around excess baby weight! It can't be good for your internal organs that are trying to recover after carrying a baby for 9 months to then have to continue to work overtime because of non essential weight gain. ( wow that was a slight rant)

I think we did walk past that dumpling place in Westfield. DH and I had never had dumplings before so we went to the Yum Cha restaurant as it made choosing easier (we didn't understand anything other than pork, chicken, duck, etc so just took whatever meat sounding thing we fancied). Will try that place next time.

I take Blackmores Conceive Well Gold. I haven't tried any other ones but from what I have read many people like Elevit because of the higher iron and the single capsule. However, my doctor said you don't need added iron (ie other than from food sources) until you are actually pg. I personally have issues with iron absorption but my last test had my iron levels in the normal range so if I continue to eat a balanced diet I can hopefully maintain this until pg. I also don't mind the two capsules and as long as you take them with food or around food time they are fine.

My IL's don't pressure us but I know they are keen. Their first and only grandchild at the moment is too far away being in Sydney and I think due to some conditions my MIL has she wants to have grandkids while she can still pick them up and everything. I don't want to be too old and I really want two kids so it just makes the things that are holding us back from doing it seem less important. I am so conflicted right now because I had resigned myself to being stuck not TTC till next year but right now I am thinking we should just see what happens. Plus there is always the possibility of not being able to get pg straight away if at all.
    Oh what did you think of your first dumpling experience?

Yeah I figure I'll ask the doc what vitamins I'll need, I don't want to take things I don't need...Just remember not to put too much pressure on yourself in regards to producing grand babies. Enjoy the small things with your DH while your baby free!

Thanks
    Reviews
    /$&
    Last edited by HOMS; 16-08-2012 at 22:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    My planning to TTC list includes losing 5-6 kgs. I'm happy where I am at the moment but I have read that 6-10 kgs is the norm for baby weight so I figure if I loose some first it will make it easier in the end. I do Pilates (I also have back issues from time to time) so I will get more serious with that. I will master my pelvic floor muscle exercises. Start taking vitamins - I'm not sure which ones yet. I need to book an appointment with my gp and speak to her about which vitamins I should take, get the whooping cough vac, get my rubella immunity checked. I'm going to start to eat better, I'm going to have to work on reducing my coffee intake which is going to be hard. I'm going to have to go off the pill and see what my body does. I don't actually know the last time I wasn't on the pill so figuring out how my body works is a must on my list! Hmm that's sort of it at the moment.
    Disney, that sounds like a great plan! Im happy with my current weight, so just need to be careful to maintain it for now. I have been investigating vitamins and will also be taking blackmores concieve well gold (like HOMS has said)when the right time comes, I dont want to start taking them too early. Maybe about 2-3 months before I plan to stop BC. I have had a doctors appointment and all my immunity levels are good, so no need for any immunisations for me
    I am really quite scared about going off the pill, I have been on it non stop for nearly 16 years, and have no idea what my body will do when I stop. Im worried that it will take ages for me to settle into a cycle so we can TTC, but on the other hand I am scared that if I go off it too early, I may be one of the very lucky ones and fall pregnant without actually trying (which might be earlier than I would really like) big decisions!!

Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    Welcome MrsLA !!! Congrats for your wedding in march! I got married in march too!! Which date? The mountains of melbourne are so pretty!! I used to live in Melbourne, south eastern suburbs as well! I miss Melbourne so much! I hope your house selling is successful!
    THanks Disney, we got married on the 10th, It was labour day long weekend and the weather was perfect! How long have you lived out of melbourne?
    Fingers crossed for our house selling, I am meant to be cleaning and de cluttering as we speak in preperation to go on the market, but this is much more fun

MrsLA - I'm a planner too as I mentioned above. I don't expect things to stay to plan though or set strict deadlines but I do like to have an idea of where we are going or what we are doing and roughly when. But I don't like things I can't control (like whether I will have a job next year, whether our house will sell and where the heck we live then) or having to wait.

My IL's don't pressure us but I know they are keen. Their first and only grandchild at the moment is too far away being in Sydney and I think due to some conditions my MIL has she wants to have grandkids while she can still pick them up and everything. I don't want to be too old and I really want two kids so it just makes the things that are holding us back from doing it seem less important. I am so conflicted right now because I had resigned myself to being stuck not TTC till next year but right now I am thinking we should just see what happens. Plus there is always the possibility of not being able to get pg straight away if at all.
    I totally know how you feel about the planning and not liking things that are out of your control. It sounds like our situations are similar with the house, and also for the past 2 years I have been very unsure if my job would continue. I was employed on a temporary basis (a maternity leave position) and worked in that position for 2 years (the whole time my contracts were only ever 6 months and kept getting extened, so every 6 months i was scared my work would say we dont need you anymore) but Just last month, they finally offered me a permanent position hence why I need to wait until at least october before TTC so that I am eligible for paid maternity leave (I am very lucky to work for local government, so will get 14 weeks paid mat leave)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLA View Post
    Disney, that sounds like a great plan! Im happy with my current weight, so just need to be careful to maintain it for now. I have been investigating vitamins and will also be taking blackmores concieve well gold (like HOMS has said)when the right time comes, I dont want to start taking them too early. Maybe about 2-3 months before I plan to stop BC.

I am really quite scared about going off the pill, I have been on it non stop for nearly 16 years, and have no idea what my body will do when I stop. Im worried that it will take ages for me to settle into a cycle so we can TTC, but on the other hand I am scared that if I go off it too early, I may be one of the very lucky ones and fall pregnant without actually trying (which might be earlier than I would really like) big decisions!!

THanks Disney, we got married on the 10th, It was labour day long weekend and the weather was perfect! How long have you lived out of melbourne?
    Fingers crossed for our house selling, I am meant to be cleaning and de cluttering as we speak in preperation to go on the market, but this is much more fun
    I have been out of Melbourne for 10 years now! It's flown by!! We fly back 4-5 times a year to catch up with family and friends. It's nice to go back and play tourist.

Do you think once you sell you'll buy in the same area? That's one thing I really miss with Melbourne is the cheaper house prices. Sydney is insane!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    /$&
    Last edited by HOMS; 16-08-2012 at 22:47.