Closed Thread
Page 11 of 107 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HOMS View Post
    Hi ladies. Been a bit absent for a couple of days. We went to Sydney for the weekend which was exhausting and I had been fighting a cold which then decided to materialise as we were leaving. Feeling so crappy. My immunity will build up eventually but I'm still struggling with getting sick all the time.

Anyway, in answer to Disney's request - I am 31 (just turned in June) and I live in Perth.

Disney - I think we all get excited and then nervous. I was watching a tv show last night and the character said "No one is ever ready to be a parent. You're an amateur parent with an amateur child". I thought that was pretty poignant. I get worried about having girls because I was such an awful teenager. But hopefully if we do have one then she will have my DH's laid back attitude.

I do think it is unkind of people to be all hush-hush about things though - they don't know what may happen for you and sharing information is helpful so why not do it?
    Did you enjoy your weekend in Sydney apart from fighting off a cold? Did you do anything exciting? Oh Perth! I've never been to Perth I want to go, my DH spent a few years living in Perth and loved it.

I get worried about having boys! I would have no idea what to do with a boy, I never grew up with boys and they seem so smelly! Lol

I had never thought about the "waiting" concept, but HOMS you are completely right! We are all waiting! I'm not a fan of being in a holding pattern, I'm just doing a count down to the TTC prep because that's closer than actually TTC and that's keeping me a little sane at the moment.

Wow your MIL sounds really insensitive! I have found some older people think the modern way of parenting is a little crazy and overboard but times have changed and they need to get with the program.

I hope the rest of your week is great!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys I haven't been on Bubhub in a while due to being super busy at work because of eofy. It's great to see so many new people join in the thread. I have been mostly keeping up with new posts via email but just haven't had time to get on and post. Work is starting to quieten down now so hopefully I will have more time, on the plus side a little over a month has past since my last post and it went so quick! Everything I do these days is part of the count down to TTC haha!

Anyway, I really wanted to get back on here this week because I have been having such a bad week baby planning wise. I was baby crazy earlier this week because my best friend had a baby girl on Monday, so that brought up the subject with DP. We had previously discussed (and I thought agreed) that we'd start trying in the middle of next year, this is because we have planned a holiday to Europe in Feb and then want a few months to recover/save money/get out of any debt from the trip before TTC. Anyway DP drops the bomb that he wants to go on 2 overseas trips before TTC!! He wants to do a US trip after Europe before TTC. I am so upset, it will be late 2013 by the time we can afford/have enough annual leave to go to the US which means we'll be TTC at the end of 2013 at the earliest instead of mid 2013. Now that I've typed this out it sounds a bit silly, it's only 6 months, but I just feel so devastated! I can't help it! I guess it's just something I want so badly that this slight set back is so disappointing. I was too upset to talk to DP about it properly, but I'm thinking of suggesting we still start trying in mid 2013 and if we don't conceive by late 2013 we can plan a US trip for sometime in the coming months but keep trying and I can just go on the trip a few months pregnant. Only risk is if we conceive quickly he might have to give up the US idea. Hopefully we can work something out, really if it was just up to me we'd already be TTC but I gave in and agreed to 1 more overseas trip first (the Europe one in Feb), he really should meet me somewhere in the middle with this.

Also - oh my gosh I never knew all these things about poo and mucus plugs and bleeding for so long after birth, scary! I need to start reading up! I have started watching One Born Every Minute after seeing so many comments on here about it and I love it! It's my secret indulgence when I'm home alone, I sob the whole way through each episode so have to watch it privately haha!

HOMS - I hate waiting too! I always feel like I have a perpetual list of about the same length of things I'm waiting for in life, maybe it will always be like that but waiting to TTC definitely seems worse than anything else so far.

Disney - that's a great idea to count down to the TTC prep instead of your TTC date, I might adopt that method too once I've sorted out our approx TTC date with DP. What kind of TTC prep are you planning on? All I really know about is starting to take vitamins and I thought I might start Pilates or Yoga classes in the months leading up because I'm prone to back problems. I'd love to add some other prep plans to that short list

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just thinking TTC prep could include a doctors appointment about 4 months out to check for your rubella antibodies. At least I think it is rubella. If you don't have enough immunity to it you need a booster, and you can't concive within 3 months or so. I'm not 100% sure on the time frames, I didn't get mine checked prior to conciving DS and am only going off what I have read somewhere.

Tashee, I discovered on born every minute when DS was about 2months old, and I loved it! I think mainly because it wasn't me in there!
    Your trips do sound like such a fantastic oppurtunity though, we find it very hard to go places more than an hour away with bubs. He screams in the car and it is just too heart breaking. I really hope this next bub is a better traveller. Especially in summer so we can recharge in the salt water at the beach!

Thanks
    Reviews
    /$&
    Last edited by HOMS; 16-08-2012 at 22:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, Mind if I jump on board this thread?

I have been stalking BH for about a year, and finaly decided that this it the perfect place to make my first post!

I have been wanting to TTC for what feels like forever, however the timing is only just becoming right now. I really want to go off the pill and start TTC in October but I have not managed to convince DH that this is the right thing to do However I have mangaged for him to agree for me to have a pre conception Doc check up, and he knows that that only needs to be done 3 - 4 months before conception, so there is still hope of beginning TTC this year.
    We are in the process of selling our house to upgrade to a bigger one and he wants to wait until we have a bigger house. I really don't care!!!! I figure we will get a bigger house some time in the next 12 months so why not begin the TTC journey sooner rather than later?

Anyway i'm 29 DP is 28 and we live in Melbourne's South Eastern Suburbs. we got married in March this year and it was one of the funnest days i have ever had.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsLA - welcome We are also in the process of trying to do something with our place. Hopefully sell and then buy a block and build. I was sort of thinking we should wait until we have that place but more and more I am thinking we should just go for it and NTNP right now. I am hormonal though right now so not at all rational. Glad to hear your wedding was a fun day and congrats for March. Did you get married in Melbourne?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks HOMS, hormonal TTC and rational, don't really belong in the same sentence together! HaHaHa
    We got married in the Dandenongs, about an hour outside of Melbourne.
    It was actually our engagement party and we surprised everyone and had a celebrant turn up about 2 hours into the party and I sneaked away and put on a white dress and it was done! (took me 8 years to convince DH to marry me so I was not waiting any longer)

Are you close to being able to sell your house and buy a block to build on?

Thanks
    Reviews
    /$&
    Last edited by HOMS; 16-08-2012 at 22:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our house is due to go on the market in 3 weeks have a few things we want to get done by then, so fingers crossed for both of us!
    I totally agree on the life decisions, I feel like we are having a mid life crisis at just 29, in the past 5 months we have got married, sold a brand new car and brought an older one, renovated a big part of our house, are selling our house and going to try and buy another one, and going to TTC in the next 4-8 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsLA - Welcome! And congrats on your wedding earlier this year! A girl from my work recently did the same thing turning her engagement party into a wedding, was an awesome surprise and such a fun night! If DP and I ever decide to get married we'd either do the same thing or a small destination wedding with just immediate family.

HOMS - Sounds like you've put a lot of thought into all your options re your house and buying a block, I'm sure you've made the right decision! I think we must be very similar, I am a stress head too and think everything through really carefully. DP always tell me I over think everything and stress myself out too much but I just can't help it, I think I'd be more stressed without the over thinking! The benefit of dwelling on decisions is I usually make the right one in the circumstances so I'm sure you have too. My need for plans is probably why I got so upset that DP wants to wait longer to TTC, he has no respect for the plan haha! I haven't been able to talk to him yet because he's on afternoon shift but will definitely be making time on the weekend... planning my compromise bargain and arguments in the meantime haha!

Also - One Born Every Minute UK is better by far