Closed Thread
Page 104 of 107 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1062
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heids89 View Post
    Nomie: Yay a wedding next year for you too! What date? :-) We are September 28th. Still need to book celebrant, photographer, rope in my friend to do our hair and figure out reception entertainment.
    January 20th is our big day. Not far away now! We are heading to Fiji for our honeymoon. My first time overseas. Are you honeymooning?
    I'd highly recommend a live band for the reception. I've been to weddings with a band and some with just an iPod. The band receptions had a better vibe. Ours is a two piece acoustic local band. They are great! Found them at a Bridal Expo so if you have any expos in your area it is worth going along.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsLA View Post
    ...I think I hoped it would happen 1st try. (i know that is illogical and unlikely, but you spend your whole life not having unprotected sex even once as you might end up utd, then you dtd like a crazy person at o time, months in a row and nothing! its quite deflating!).
    I hope you get your BFP soon! I'm living vicariously through you and the others in here TTC at the moment. Haha. It does seem weird though that actually getting pregnant seems so tricky, but one off accidents seem to happen all the time. My brother in law just had a daughter because of an 'accident'. Hopefully the good swimmers run in the family and DF can get me pregnant that quickly!! Hahaha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomie View Post
    We are heading to Fiji for our honeymoon. My first time overseas.
    I was in Fiji last year for my sisters wedding, (who is now utd, so jealous!) where abouts are you going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLA View Post
    I was in Fiji last year for my sisters wedding, (who is now utd, so jealous!) where abouts are you going?
    Nice! I would of loved to do a destination wedding. Or eloped.
    We are heading here : http://lomaniisland.com/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    MrsLA, Thanks. We think he is adorable too! christmas with your own little one is AMAZING!! We had his 1st xmas last year...and even though he was only 9mnths i had so much fun im sure this year will be even better, he knows who santa is....even pointed to a guy in a book the other day with white hair and a beard and goes "ssss-ta!" aka Santa. He knows what presents are, and loves ripping the paper off. I Cant wait!!

I am actually terrified of 2 kids lol. DS has never been a great sleeper... A classic night for us atm... He goes down to bed, IF im lucky he sleeps through till 4ish, then i put him in our bed until morning... He doesnt go to sleep on his own, nor in his cot (anymore, again!) He used to, but i babied him when sick...now im paying for it. Although mean mummy came out today and for the first time EVER... I sat in our room, next to his with both doors open and let him cry himself to sleep. Its the most heart wrenching thing i have ever done, and goes against everything ive done with him... but i had no other option. Id tried reading to him laying in our bed, patting him in his cot, cuddles on the couch...and he would not stay still long enough to drift off, even though he was so over tired and beside himself after 2 hours of this!! Talk about exhausting In the end, he cried for about 5 mins, i went in twice to give him his dummy and walked back out without saying anything, and then talked to himself for a few mins...then went to sleep within 20mins.

I am terrified of all that, and having a newborn. DS was on 3hrly scheduled feeds around the clock (paed request, and to also help my milk supply) I cant imagine doing all that again with a toddler, but im sure ill cope! What if they dont sleep together?? (i wouldnt be able to cat nap as well!) what if they tag team overnight? what if DS's crying etc overnight wakes #2 up, or vise versa... lol.. But im sure i will be fine.

Ive made mistakes, and at times, my mum has pointed the most obvious things out to me.. DS is absolutely climbing the walls "Has he been outside?" ...oh well um...nope! not for a day or so!!! No wonder!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls! Thanks for for all the responses it's so nice to know I'm not the only one with these thoughts and moments!

So I was given a VERY old copy of up the duff by someone (along with about 20 other various books) and I've started to flick through it but I think I want to leave this particular book until I'm actually up the duff. It's a bit of a fun read and I think I'd enjoy it much more if I was actually up the duff. Has anyone else read this book before their pregnancy.

Mums who already have babies what books did you use to help wade your way through your bubs first year? Some friends of mine have read save our sleep, baby love and up the duff, I haven't spoken to them to see if they would recommend these books or not. I don't want to draw attention to the fact I'm thinking about ttc.

What are everyone's plans for this weekend? I have a birthday filled weekend, not my own but my mums and my friends! Actually I've had 5 birthdays to celebrate this week! It's a busy time of the year!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning all. I jumped on this morning to catch up as I have been MIA for a while (still reading the email updates though).

So this morning when I woke up I decided to do a pregnancy test. My cycle has been a bit out ou whack since stopping bc. First cycle was 29 days, second was 32, so I wasn't sure what the length of this cycle would be (today is 28). Anyways, I did a test, made a cuppa and jumped on here for about an hour. When I remembered to go check my test (an hour later) it was positive. Now I am really annoyed because I know I shouldn't rely on the result cause I left it too long to check. So I guess now there will be a trip to the chemist to get another test to confirm the first . But it is really exciting .

I was thinking, if it is positive, a cool way to tell dad. I can't actually wait until christmas morning, but I thought of getting a "Merry Christmas Dad" card and putting the positive test in there. This will be his first child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: 2013 is so far away!

Omg carrie! How exciting! Fx for you, and what a great idea!

disney, I read "what to expect when you are expecting"
    I never read any parenting books, just drew on my knowledge and experience from work. Other than that I googled and asked other mums, mine or my friends who had kids etc.

I personally don't like what I've read of tizzy hall/save our sleep. Her tactics don't sit well with me. I've heard other mums have success and speak good things about it, and thats great if they are happy and it works for them.

I guess if you had to label my parenting style im an atrachment parent. I go with the flew and what works for ds, we don't have a timed routine, but rather a routine that things just happen in the same order. If one day dinner is at 5, he has his bath, a play and bed when tired... If its not I sneak in am extra snack for ds and whenever its ready 6, 7....he eats, bath, play and bed...as an example.
    He was fed on demand, put to bed when tired. I babywear, I co-sleep, I can't handle him crying..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

Carrie77  (15-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Shadow.

So I've been to the chemist and have done another test . . . and it's . . . a BFP

A little earlier than expected, we weren't going to start trying til January. Just goes to show that it really only does take one time without contraception.

Now I think I should plan a special night for him to tell him the exciting news!!!

I don't think I'll be getting any study done today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie77 View Post
    Thanks Shadow.

So I've been to the chemist and have done another test . . . and it's . . . a BFP

A little earlier than expected, we weren't going to start trying til January. Just goes to show that it really only does take one time without contraception.

Now I think I should plan a special night for him to tell him the exciting news!!!

I don't think I'll be getting any study done today.

Congratulations !!!! Our first bfp!!!!

Thats such brilliant news! Oh so freakin excited for you!!! I'm going to update the roll call to reflect it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our first BFP!

The Class of 2013!!
    (16 days to go)

Let me know if i've missed anyone or if you wish to be added or if I need to update your details

Name: Carrie77 - bfp 15 December 2012
    Month: January 2013 (maybe start December 2012)
    Pregnancy number: Second
    State: Qld (Logan - Brisbane southside)

Name: MrsLA
    Month: Oct/nov 2012
    Pregnancy: first
    State: Victoria (Melbourne)

Name: shadowangel0205
    Month: December 2012
    Pregnancy: 3rd, 1 angel bub, 1 19mnth old DS.
    State: Vic - South West.

Name: Lil Nightmare
    Month: December 2012/January 2013
    State: NSW

Name: Clucky14
    Month: Jan 2013
    Pregnancy: first IVF icsi try
    State: NSW Sydney south west

Name: Jesse j
    Month: Jan/feb
    state: NSW
    pregnancy: 2

Name: Disney
    Month: Jan 2013
    Pregnancy number: first
    state: NSW (Sydney)

Name: hamij (Jade)
    Month: Prob Feb/March 2013 - I have a kilo goal I want to get to, so it depends on when I hit that.
    Pregnancy: 3rd

Name: Tashee
    Month: March 2013 (as long as dp doesn't change his mind again)
    State: SA

Name: Bearbug
    Months: march
    state: Tas
    pregnancy: second baby

Name: Cantwaitforbubba (Michelle)
    Month: April
    state: Vic (Melbourne)
    pregnancy number: First!!

Name: Trio
    Month: May
    Pregnancy:2nd

Name: sjk
    Month: approx July
    State: QLD

Name: Nomie
    Month: October
    Pregnancy: 1st
    State: TAS

Name: LRA (Lauren)
    TTC: November 2013
    Pregnancy: First
    Age: 23 (but will be almost 25 by the time TTC which is scary)
    State: NSW (south of Sydney)

Name: Hailzy (Hayley)
    TTC: November /December
    Pregnancy: First
    State: Victoria[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Disney; 17-12-2012 at 05:15. Reason: Adding new members