Closed Thread
Page 103 of 107 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1062
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LilNightmare View Post
    Shadow- hes so cute.

I received some gorgeous cookies today off one of my kids from school. A lovely card with them too. Makes all I do worth it knowing I've helped this little boy so much. Attachment 28748
    Wow, they are amazing. Did the mum make them?? If so she is pretty talented. They look too good to eat!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jorja - oh your hairdresser experience was hideous! Do you still hate your hair or is it growing on you? I'm exactly like you and I'm too polite to say anything ever! Just the other day I was waiting for lunch to be made at a take out shop and a lady walked up infront of me and said I've lost my ticket ad the guy preparing my lunch said what did you order and she said a ham cheese an tomato toasted sandwich (which was what I had) and they gave my lunch to her!! I knew it was mine as the number they called just before was 21 and I was 22 and I didn't say anything! I then had to wait 15 minutes more to get mine remade! I was so annoyed with myself for not saying something!

Shadow- he's so adorable! Oh it makes me want a baby even more when I see parents doing cute fun things with their kids!! What's Santa bringing him this year?

Lilnightmare- oh my gosh those are cookies?!? They look amazing!! Have you eaten one yet?!

how's everyones weight loss going (those that are trying to drop some kgs before TTC). Mine is not going well! I lost 4 kgs then went and stacked it back on!!! So now I'm frantically trying to get rid of it again!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013 is so far away!

Disney: Not much present shopping for us this year. DF will buy for his family. Might get something small for Mum and Dad. Bought my sis a cover for her ipad mini she's getting from mum and dad and my little brother... I'm thinking about getting him nothing! He gets so much stuff for Xmas he doesn't need more. It's hard when you are short of cash!

Nomie: Yay a wedding next year for you too! What date? :-) We are September 28th. Still need to book celebrant, photographer, rope in my friend to do our hair and figure out reception entertainment.

Jorja: That is horrible! I would call and complain to the manager/owner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I'm back Was lying low cause I just didn't know what my period issues were going to do with TTC. Went to the gyno today, he's changed the pill that I'm on, has said that I don't need a D&C and just to keep going with what I'm doing - low carb, low GI, losing weight So we've confirmed that our month to start trying is going to be April

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hamij View Post
    Well I'm back Was lying low cause I just didn't know what my period issues were going to do with TTC. Went to the gyno today, he's changed the pill that I'm on, has said that I don't need a D&C and just to keep going with what I'm doing - low carb, low GI, losing weight So we've confirmed that our month to start trying is going to be April
    thats fantastic to hear!!! Hope the pill change helps sort things out! Oh so excited you've confirmed your month to start trying!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I've got a few questions...
    1. Ovulation occurs in the middle of your cycle right? So if I ovulated on day 16 does that mean my cycle will be 32 days long?
    2. Does anyone else have moments of sheer terror knowing 2013 is around the corner and that means having a baby and the scary unexpected nature that babies bring? Those holy sh!t moments of am I ready to give up this lifestyle for another.
    3. Those who have kids...is there ever a right time ? Or should you just jump in feet first and work it out as you go along?

Now a few comments...
    ive fallen in love with the miyo baby hammock! Has anyone see these before? I want one for myself! Also I have become obsessed again with stalking babies direct and baby kingdom etc oh and I've chosen the furniture for the nursery! (Just gotta make the baby to go in it) I love the mamas and papas orchard nursery collection (I'm pretty sure that's what it's called ) love it to death! Oh also think the stokke high chair baby holder thing is genius!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: 2013 is so far away!

Disney... Ovulation happens at all different times. A text book cycle of 28 days theoretically ovulates on cd14.
    With ds I ovulated on cd17. Unsure when I was expecting af.
    Last cycle I ovulated cd17 as well.... I predicted to get af 16 days later basing it on my prior cycles. Af came 3 days early on 13 dpo.. But it was a chem so maybe that affected it.

we jumped in. once we knew it was what we wanted.... It didn't phase me. I was confident I could care for a bub being an ex childcare worker.... It's sooo much different! On our 2nd night the midwives took ds to give me a break as he constantly wanted feeding and screaming, was unsettled and wouldn't sleep. I still remember going to them at some ungodly hour of the morning in tears... I had no idea what I was doing! What did it say for me as a childcare worker if I couldn't settle my own baby?! I now know he was starving hungry from my lack of breast milk.

I am terrified of what #2 means. Ds still doesn't sleep through and is in bed with us every night. he is reliant on me so much...he won't even settle for our stay with df. how will he feel? What will his reaction be? Can I handle the demands of a nb with him? What if theres complications?

But I figure i will always have fears about it so have bitten the bullet, and now we have I'm more confident
    Last edited by shadowangel0205; 13-12-2012 at 20:47.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013 is so far away!

Disney- we will all have our babies soon enough to put in our nurseries. I must admit I look In them baby shops too and yes I have had those oh **** moments too. As for my cookies I've eaten two and they were yummy. I weighed myself tonight and I've lost bit more weight so yay not at my goal but close enough only off by 5kgs.

Shadow- I think being a child care worker you have a rough idea but u also hand them back so you don't do it all. That's good though to know it was something out of your control.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    yay!! Congrat on the weight loss lil nightmare!!

Yes i agree with that, I forgot that :P I forgot that this little person relied on me 24/7, not just for a few hours at a time... and what throws me out, even at 6wks when you are looking after a bubba...mum gives you a rough routine... "They had their last feed/bottle at...they will sleep at..." and it just seems to flow... you also have other staff to bounce ideas etc off, AND you arent as sleep deprived or hormonal.

You give birth......and........you fumble to find your way, what works etc! You are tired, sore, drugged up and hormonal...well i was after a c-sect. I found that was the hardest part...actually saying out aloud that i was struggling to understand what this little person wanted!

THAT and i had an old grumpy horrible MW, who wouldnt even let me change his bum...like seriously?! She was giving me lectures on how to do it, hygiene etc... It wasnt until my breakdown where i actually said "HOW can i be a qualified childcare worker looking after lots of babies/toddlers at once, and now i cant handle nor settle my own child!?" She totally changed her tune then, she came and sat in the room and calmly talked to me about it, and random stuff in general.. Once she realised i wasnt some high school drop out first time uneducated unemployed mum who just got preg for the sake of it, maybe for the baby bonus...IYKWIM??

It was definately out of my control, though they never picked it up. We were home for 2 days before different midwives picked it up, and we got re-admitted to another hospital. It never ever did happen fully, but we persevered for 4mnths with both, then i expressed soley for an extra 2 months Going all round the clock, even at 6 months, after trying everything...i wouldnt quite have enough for one bottle of EBM a day... very disheartening, but it was important to me i gave him whatever it was i could... It gave new meaning to the term "liquid gold" thats for sure!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shadow, your boy is adorable, I love Christmas but Christmas with your child involved would be so magical!

LilNightmare, those cookies are amazing! too good to eat! we get so many chocolates at work each Christmas, I am ashamed to say that I often regift some of them because there are just so many! (and I am not a sweet tooth)

Hamij, Thats really great that you don't need a d&c, hopefully your body sorts itself out with this new pill and you are ready to go in April. It must feel really great to have some answers and a plan in place?

Disney, I looked into ovulation a few months ago as I knew nothing about my cycle or when I might o.
    the time from o to af is called your luteal phase, The average LP is 14 days but does differ for different people. Generally speaking your LP is pretty consistent from cycle to cycle. SO if af is late, (from what i understand) you prob would have o'd late. I have been o'ing on cd 14 or 15 and having a 26-28 day cycle, so my LP is 12-13days.

My only terror atm is that I may not fall pregnant! I want that scary unexpected nature (I know we all do) and holy Sh!t moments! I think that having already been ttc for a few cycles has pushed me past that moment you are talking about.
    I think I hoped it would happen 1st try. (i know that is illogical and unlikely, but you spend your whole life not having unprotected sex even once as you might end up utd, then you dtd like a crazy person at o time, months in a row and nothing! its quite deflating!)

I have seen those hammocks, but I would worry about the air flow and SIDS (ill always be a child care educator at heart, with procedures and policies drilled into me) do you know if they meet Aus safety standards?
    I had not seen that highchar, HOW COOL
    I'm trying not to look at baby products, as I want to buy them and know i cant yet.

Shadow, I would definitely be frightened by 2 children! I know I wont get it right all the time with my baby, but I do think having a child care background will definitely help. I mean at least I can confident hold a new born, I understand the importance of routine (but know it wont always work) and know some basics like when to start solids, and read babies cues (although I do know they are all different)
    In saying that though, I am sure having them around 24/7 will be a lot more challenging than looking after 5 bub's all day by your self then giving them back at the end.