+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Toys! Books! Puzzles! Game!

I have about 5 board books and that's it. My nephew was given most of the books we used to have. How many books do you have for your baby or toddler? What are they about?

Toy sale time is coming up, and I am looking for wooden blocks, another shape sorter (already have the Shape-O ball from Tupperware), and one of those boats with the animals that is kind of like a puzzle and makes noises. Each animal has a shape on the bottom and clicks into the matching shape on the boat. Kinda kike a shape sorter too but not quite. It looks cute anyway lol. I was wondering what small toys you have for an older bub?

We have rattles, musical pull-toys, and other younger baby toys, I think we have enough.

We have musical instruments suitable for toddlers through to adults lol, so we are ok with that.

I have 1 game for 3 to 5 year olds, the Incy Wincy Spider one, all the others are for school kids. Any suggestions?

Any other ideas on what to get in the way of toddler to 5 year things?

We have enough for craft, playdoh, etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh, puzzles, I have a few for preschoolers, but only 2 for toddlers. What do your toddlers have?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kiddies have too much

I found great wooden peg puzzles (pieces have pegs on them so easier for little fingers) on ebay when my ds was a toddler. They were in great condition and only about $10 for 2 - 3 puzzles - we still have them 4 years later! I got ones with fruit, Thomas, letters (that's for age 3+), animals. I also got a few big floor puzzles - the best investment was an alphabet train puzzle for the floor - it's how he learnt the alphabet.

Gotta go ... bub just woke up. Will post more later

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks

I have 2 peg puzzles and that's it. The others are wooden puzzles, but jigsaw puzzles, not really suitable for toddlers, great for preschoolers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I got my nephew a set of wooden trains from big w. He's 18 months and loves them.
    There were 3 from memory and each had I think 3 parts but they were really fun and he loves pulling them around and disassembling them
    I think they were $15

Thanks
    Reviews
    Duplo is a great thing to play with and definitely something you can get off ebay or at the toy sales. Great from 18 months (with help) til well past 5 (my 5.5yo still enjoys playing with his Duplo). It's good cause it's something you can add to with time depending on the interests of your child. Start with basic blocks and a baseboard and build up from there .

For 1 - 2 year olds toys that can be pushed around (lawnmower, pram, toy vacuum) are especially fun. Older kids will enjoy them too, but play with them differently. Ride on toys (trains/cars/etc) were a big hit with my ds from maybe 18 months.

Basically think about toys that can be played with in different ways and that encourage learning and imaginative play. A pop up tent or pop up tunnels were also a big hit with my ds from 1 - 3, but you can make tunnels or cubbies with chairs/tables and blankets/etc without any expense.