+ Reply to Thread
    SPC is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2010- The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Why the obsession with stains?

Why on earth do some women seem so obsessed with stains on cloth nappies? It's a nappy for goodness' sake. It's whole purpose in life is to catch poo. Nobody even sees the colour of my baby's mink, never mind the inside.

I recent had a friend who seemed to be suggesting that she was going to give up using cloth because her nappies were getting stained. Like she was somehow doing it wrong, because there were stains. She almost seemed to be suggesting that child had defective poo or something!! What?! I'm bemused.

So tell me, women, why care if your cloth nappy is not pristine gleaming white? Is it some sort of badge of honour? Admittedly I say this as a woman with no particularly stained nappies, (I suspect because they live on the washing line for loooon periods of time before I am bothered to fetch them in). Where is the shame in having nappies that appear to have been used?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I remember my cousin raving about colourful terry flats because they didn't show up the stains. I found it a bit odd at the time, but meh, each to their own.
    We use white terry flats, and i use chux wipes as liners to avoid too many stains. Also, like you SPC, mine are often in the line for ages sucking up the uv rays to brighten them up. The only reason i worry about stains is the bacteria that they may hide.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No idea, I don't care about stains myself, maybe because I have no plans to resell them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Most of mine have at least some staining. My son was a deadset pooing machine- wasnt pretty!

Doesn't both me at all.

Maybe some mums see stains as unhygienic?
    Which of course is not true.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I often ponder the same thing!

*I can haz typos*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For expensive nappies stains affect resale value.

Ds uses cc's and if they stain a good strip wash, rinse and 24-48 hours in the sun removes most stains.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    ID say its mostly resale value. But IMO, WHY OH WHY would you buy used cloth nappies??? EWWW!!!
    Like you say OP, nappies catch POO, thats their functions. They're bound to get a bit stained!
    Stains dont bother me, i dont plan on selling them.

Forget about worrying about selling them and USE them people!! So you dnt make any money by selling them after, you say THOUSANDS by using them in the first place!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's a little bit odd too . Personally I don't care how mine will end up looking as long as they work well and last a decent amount of time. Either way they are way cheaper then disposables and much better for the environment so I'd rather use them then not just because they start looking a bit stained.