+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes my DS had a dilated kidney, which was found at the 20 week scan. I had another scan at 35 weeks and it was still there, another scan after birth and it had decreased compared to the 35 week one. The Paed referred us to the children's hospital for monitoring, and we have to keep an eye out for an indicators of a kidney infection, so far (8 months on) he has been absolutely fine.

Downs has never been mentioned to us. I wouldn't google too much it can scare you and who knows if what comes up is true.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    I am so upset at the thought of him having downs. i can feel him kicking and instead of being excited I'm full of dread.
    Try not to look at google.. I know it's hard but try to remain positive = ) x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS had the same thing.
    It was as simple as him needing to do a wee so he had a full kidney.

He's fine and all ok!

Try not to worry too much!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Google is not your friend!!! I think if it was a concern, your doctor would have mentioned it. Try not to freak yourself out - you should be enjoying every kick and every moment of your pregnancy I'm sure bub will be fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As Jo7 said, Goggle is not your friend!

When sonographers/rads pick up on soft markers there normally have to be at least another 2 in conjunction with nuchal bloods for it to be a concern. They also look for things such as if their limbs are measuring smaller/shorter than normal, their abdo ect.

We were made to PANIC at our 20 week scan because they found a foci in our baby's left ventrical, which is apparently also a soft marker for downs. After 2 follow up scans, the genetic counsellor at the hospy we're going to called me and explained everything in great detail and explained they they normally look for other factors as well, and that the finding of the soft marker isn't enough to suspect downs.

My mum found a fantastic medical website that said a lot of the drs overseas were trying to get the heart foci removed as a marker for downs.

I know it's so very very hard not to worry, and i'm not going to tell you not to do so, because it's all part of being a mumma, but definitely don't google. If you're concerned, please ask to speak to a councillor at your hospy, but if they haven't referred you to one, they really might not be concerned at all.

Enjoy the kicks, they are so awesome your bubba is probably trying to tell you he's fine!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to itspinkrock For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (16-06-2012)