+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Sad face

I'm so putting off doing the washing, I can't do it during the day because my beautiful boy tries to "help" me. I just got to hang it up on the clothes hoist but it's such a mission and I'm tired as and DP is snoring on the couch

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel your pain , leave it till the morning.

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am now, I gave up lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate doing the washing.

I'm doing mine right now but I have no choice as it's DD1's birthday party on Sunday and I need it all done and dry and away before the party.

Oh, and the "helping" stops believe me! Mine used to love "helping". I had so many days where DD3 would help by taking all my washing off the clothes airer for me. The problem was it was still wet. And when she was little DD1 used to help by putting 50 million pegs onto each piece of clothing. Now, it's a drama just to get anyone to put their own clothes away.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dannielle For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (15-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol!

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Definately agree. Just take it easy. DP is in bed after having a tantrum and DD is in her cot. I SHOULD do what needs doing but I am exhausted after a rough couple of days.

It's relax time!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LifeInShadesOfGrey For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (16-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD ( 11) asked me if i would show her how to use the washing machine because mummy i want to help you and learn for when i have kids.. So every Saturday she gets all the kids clothes ( DSS,DS and her own) and washes them for me - puts them in the drier ( i know guilty little secret lol) and puts them on the right beds for that person to put away... I know one day she wont want to do it but at the moment i am enjoying her helping me takes the pressure off a bit

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lese82 For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (16-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lese82 View Post
    My DD ( 11) asked me if i would show her how to use the washing machine because mummy i want to help you and learn for when i have kids.. So every Saturday she gets all the kids clothes ( DSS,DS and her own) and washes them for me - puts them in the drier ( i know guilty little secret lol) and puts them on the right beds for that person to put away... I know one day she wont want to do it but at the moment i am enjoying her helping me takes the pressure off a bit
    Awwww that's so sweet!! I often get cranky with DD1 when she tries "helping"- but I am going to make a conscious effort to embrace it now

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (16-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    She does the same with cooking and cleaning - she wants to learn for when she is a mum so she can be a great mum like me apparently.( i think i am far from a great mum) but i am happy for her to help and happy to show her... She has such an old soul and maternal nature she will be a fanastic mother

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lese82 For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (16-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lese82 View Post
    She does the same with cooking and cleaning - she wants to learn for when she is a mum so she can be a great mum like me apparently.( i think i am far from a great mum) but i am happy for her to help and happy to show her... She has such an old soul and maternal nature she will be a fanastic mother
    Awwww she sounds like she absolutely idolizes you! You should be proud! She sounds a lot like my DD1, only she is almost 5. She is such a little mother and is always wanting to help and be involved but I tend to shut her down because it's easier for me to just get in and get it done. But after reading that, I am going to involve her a lot more

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (16-06-2012),lese82  (15-06-2012)