+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Whilst normally I don't expect payment or in turn pay family for babysitting what you are describing is child care not babysitting!!

I think you need to sit down and come up with an arrangement that is mutually agreeable sooner rather than later!

I'm not surprised the baby is not sleeping and wants to be held all day - it's 4months old and is being away from its primary carer for 10 hours!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JaneDoe For This Useful Post:

austmum  (16-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The only person we have babysit DS is my Mum, and it's only for a couple of hours at a time. She loves spending the time with DS and is happy to look after him.

This has only started happening in the last month. I'm going to buy her the occasional gift as a thank you gesture.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No I don't expect them to pay and when they have tried to give me money we have had arguments about it.. sometimes I will take the money if we're going out somewhere expensive or whatever... they have offered to babysit our kids as well.. I see it as a favour and I know they would return the favour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If my brother and his wife looked after dd (which they never have and she is nearly 9) they would charge. Yet I look after my nephew sometimes and am lucky to even get a thank you. It sucks, but I feel like they will cut us out if I asked for anything, even if that was babysitting in return, and I would not like that. It is really tough with family! I don't want money for spending time with my nephew, but I would love for them to want to spend time with their niece sometimes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    In your situation.. Yes! You're not babysitting.. Thats children care!
    ***Sent from my phone***
    I agree!

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneDoe View Post
    Whilst normally I don't expect payment or in turn pay family for babysitting what you are describing is child care not babysitting!!

I think you need to sit down and come up with an arrangement that is mutually agreeable sooner rather than later!

I'm not surprised the baby is not sleeping and wants to be held all day - it's 4months old and is being away from its primary carer for 10 hours!!
    This.
    I'm doing uni by correspondence as well and the impact a 4 month old would have on my day of study would be monumental..... I couldn't even fathom the thought to be honest.
    And to be quite frank I think she sounds pretty selfish if she knows you have been using this day for uni work.
    I think you should say you have changed your mind as you are too
    Worried about your studies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Juzz View Post
    For some reason I feel there us a difference If it was the grandparents babysitting (I wouldn't expect to pay), verses aunties/uncles (I would expect to pay). I kind of see the grandparents role as helping out, but no so much for the others... Especially two days a week!!!
    I agree with this. Especially as she asked, you got no say in days and it's 2 long days. Maybe you should tell her it's not working as you need those days to study.