+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i paid my SILs but they both needed the money. However i wouldnt pay my parents but still do.things here and there to show appreciation. I did offer to dad once but he got really offended. But it was a regular thing with sils so i paid $40 a day to one and $20 to the other. One i asked the other offered

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    If someone is having YOU look after their kids so THEY can get money, then they should be sharing some of the profit with you. If your SIL isn't paying you for 2 long days, she's a rude tightar$e and I'd raise the $ issue with her ASAP.
    Last edited by VicPark; 15-06-2012 at 21:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No, I'd never pay family for the pleasure of hanging out with my beautiful babies.

I would supply everything they needed and cover any costs they incurred.

I'd also be looking for ways I could help them out practically.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is a tricky one...considering SHE asked you, then I do certainly believe she should have at least offered. I would never take money from family, but this is a regular commitment and you aren't a retiree.

On the other hand though, considering she has gone back to work extremely fast (bubs only 4mths) I assume she is very strapped for cash?? Perhaps why she has asked you rather than organising LDC?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No, never. And I babysit for my family for free too so it goes both ways. My mum said she would love to babysit DD next year when I start full time study, but just one day a week. She's offered because she wants to help and spend time with DD, not for the money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it depends on both of your financial situations.

If you are doing it on a regular basis, for full days, the same every week then it means that you can't work/ do other stuff on those days. I think there probably should be an offer of something in return if she can afford it. If it was me and my SIL, i'd def either pay, or maybe put some money towards something they needed, or buy her a voucher or something.

You are giving up 2 days a week, it would probably be nice for them to discuss some kind of arrangement, especially as she is lucky enough to be able to go back to work to earn money with free childcare.
    Last edited by Clementine Grace; 15-06-2012 at 21:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My mum minds my nieces 2 days a week most weeks and instead of paying her (which she would decline) my bro or SIL fill her car up with petrol each week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For 2 full days a week I think she should be paying you.

If my MIL or my dad babysit we dont pay though its only a day or night here and there. If my 16 year old sister babysits for a night so we can go out for dinner i give her some money and make sure the house is full of her favourite foods.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    ive watched my neices (6yo) for 2 years, on 2days out of thurs/fri/sat while my sister and bil work, and never been paid. my sister does cook a big casserole or something for dinner on the nights i have them, but i provide at least 6 meals/snacks for them per week.
    id never ask for money, and dont expect to be paid. i know my sister will help watch dd when bellyfruit arrives, and will bring meals over in the first few months. she also took me out as a child (shes 6yrs older) every weekend, and even away on holidays a few times, so i figure what comes around, goes around

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think there is difference between babysitting and providing regular care. I also think it can depend on who is providing the care, my sister has a young child and is a sahm, she picks up my ds from school and looks after him for 1.5hrs each afternoon, I pay her the same as I would pay for after school care because I can and I would rather he go to her and she get the money. If my mum picks him up don't pay her as she doesn't need it. I get all the school holidays off but if I need a day's care I will pay my sister what I would have paid to oosh

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast