+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My personality, I probably would. When I did work (I am paid very well) I usually gave something to my sister, parents or mil when they did. They didn't expect anything, but I thought they are helping me out and I wanted to do something little for the appreciation.

If the situation was reversed, I couldn't take money from my family or anything. (I am in a financially better situation though)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes I do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you talk about it before you started babysitting ?

If it was me I would pay as I would be relying on you to do it on set days but if it was here and there no maybe bottle of wine or choc's . .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope but we only have our mothers baby sit for a short time and not very often. If it was to be all day and regularly I would offer to pay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    In that situation, yes, I would, but for random days here and there, no.

I don't have the luxury of family to babysit, apart from BIL, and I only ask him when absolutely necessary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    In your situation.. Yes! You're not babysitting.. Thats children care!
    ***Sent from my phone***

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (15-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have babysat many many times for my sisters and have never taken money, though they have offered. In my mind, family is family, it's what they do for each other. That being said, my sisters pay me back in different ways by helping me when I need it. When I do have a baby, I would hope they dont expect payment because my DP bends over backwards to help them with every problem they have to the point where I was moving stuff on my own while pregnant recently because he was off helping his brother, then his uncle etc etc. Its more like a barter system than a payment system.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I'd happily babysit my nieces and nephews Regularly without pay. My mum watches my sisters kids on Monday and tuesday and doesn't get paid for it. They are family so it's what we all do as a tribe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes, being a regular thing, and being for work, I think some form of payment is reasonable.

But ... the payment doesn't have to be in the form of cash. It could be something intangible like (if you are still on your learners permit) taking you for driving practice so you can complete the hours necessary for your logbook.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I wouldn't in your situation. If she's going back to work with him so young then maybe she really needs the money but can't afford proper day care?
    My Mum used to have my girls 3 days a week when I was working and we used to buy thank you presents or cook her dinners.
    Last edited by brooke88(mum2b09); 15-06-2012 at 20:37.