+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Well there's that too isn't there? In an emergency you don't have the 5 minutes it takes to fit your hand down there and fiddle around.

I've ordered the extenders, if we find that we don't think they are all that safe we will probably look at another car. The lady in the shop said it was because the extended belt buckle was coming across and hitting the tummies in accidents. I don't see how as they would just sit under the arm rest of my kids big seats.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I ordered a second one after seeing your thread. I never looked into the legailities of them but know it is impossible(well realllllllly tricky) to get kids belted up who are in boosters without them. If the seat is a 5point harness there is no fussing about with the buckle necessary each trip. We will have a convertible, 5 pt harness and booster so have just realised we won't need the extra one now LOL. It does make life a lot easier. Ours just pokes through the booster arm rest.

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I thought you were talking about the extention that you buy for the anchor strap??

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH was out there today trying every possible combination, trying it without the capsule being in the base and there was just no way. I tried as best as I could - with the belly in the way so hard - and it wasn't going to work. The length that it extends means the belts will slot under the arm rests on the boosters so there's no danger there. Should have them by the end of the week so that will be good given I feel bubs might make an early entrance.

Next step is talking DH into buying a Ford Territory lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    They're not recommended at all for Australia. They don't meet our safety standards. I looked in to it when we first put three seats in the back of our car. It felt like it was going to be impossible to get our kids buckled up but everything I read said they weren't safe. I even rang around to see if I could get new, longer, buckles installed and got told no.
    It takes a bit of getting used to but my 6 1/2 year old has been able to do herself up by feel for well over a year now and it takes me 30 seconds tops to buckle up DD2, who is 4 1/2. She is able to unstrap herself too. We just have a Hurphy Durphy around DS's seat buckle so that DD1 can't accidentally unstrap his seat when getting herself out.
    At first it can take you a couple of minutes to get them strapped in but me, DH, my mum and my dad can all do it without any hassle now (and we all have different sized hands too).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Areca View Post
    They're not recommended at all for Australia. They don't meet our safety standards. I looked in to it when we first put three seats in the back of our car. It felt like it was going to be impossible to get our kids buckled up but everything I read said they weren't safe. I even rang around to see if I could get new, longer, buckles installed and got told no.
    It takes a bit of getting used to but my 6 1/2 year old has been able to do herself up by feel for well over a year now and it takes me 30 seconds tops to buckle up DD2, who is 4 1/2. She is able to unstrap herself too. We just have a Hurphy Durphy around DS's seat buckle so that DD1 can't accidentally unstrap his seat when getting herself out.
    At first it can take you a couple of minutes to get them strapped in but me, DH, my mum and my dad can all do it without any hassle now (and we all have different sized hands too).
    My concern is that in an accident I won't get dd out fast. RACQ have said they are safer than not being able to get her out quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i have 2 seats with the normal belts and with dd's booster we have an extender so she can do it up herself without having to squeeze her hand (or ours) between the seats. it is much easier. you do need to make sure you get the right length as they come in 20cm's and 30cm's. the 30 was too long and sat on her tummy instead of her hip. the 20cm's is much better and sits just like the normal seatbelt does on an adult without the booster. so it is safe for her. we got ours a couple of months ago from racq.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have the same problem. I called Kidsafe and they sell them for some cars (they can post them to you for a small charge).

I wouldn't trust eBay for this one. I've bought a few things off eBay lately that appear to be fake.