+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy First Time IVFer and Petrified!

Hi,

I am 28 yo and just found out that my hubby and I have to do IVF. I have a blocked right tube due to scar tissue from a surgery to remove a large cyst on my right ovary 3 years ago. My right ovary is there and I believe it is working but during a laprscopy my specilist found alot of scar tissue on it that he removed. My left tube is fine and 100% clear and my left ovary had a cyst on it that the dr. removed. My husband has good sperm. We have been ttc for about a year and half now and our Dr. said we need to do IVF just last week after an exporatory laprscopy two weeks ago. We are starting an antagonist cycle in about 3 weeks hopefully.

I am so worried and scared...I am hoping to connect with other women who have gone through the IVF process to chat and maybe get some suggestions for dealing or about the process itself! I would love any feedback or advice as I am so worried and scared about the process or if it will even work. I am thinking about this all the time and some nights am having toruble sleeping. I would love to hear from anyone.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Princess of hearts, Welcome!!

IVF can be very daunting in the beginning, you have so many questions and don't know what to expect.

You will find lots of wonderful and supportive women on here going through the exact same thing who will help you a lot. There is a wealth of knowledge on here and no question is too silly.

My suggestions would be to try (as hard as it is!) to take one day at a time and don't put too much pressure on yourself. The whole IVF process can involve a LOT of waiting too, so be prepared for that. It all can be very scary, but you just take one step at a time, you'll get through it. For you and your DH, try and look after each other as much as you can, try not to put your life on hold of the ivf if you can help it. It can be hard not to do that!

You are young, so you have time on your side, i really hope it works out for you.

Come and join us in the July/August thread, where you'll find lots of girls doing a cycle around the same time as you.

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...-cycle-buddies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi princess of hearts,

Hopefully your ivf journey is a short one. There is a lot of waiting so patience is something u will learn. I know i hate waiting for things so the days seemed like months!

The process itself wasn't so bad in my experience. My fs was great so I always knew what was happening and why. I am the only one out of the people I Am close with that has had to use ivf to fall pregnant but I figure I just needed that helping hand. I was pretty blessed to get my bfp on my first round of ivf so I hope u have a good news story like mine. bubhub is great and u will find plenty of woman to support u through your journey.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your posts ladies. Its comofrting to read your comments and stories. I am trying to stay positive and not completely go mad before we even begin.But I am taking up your suggestions CG and thinking one day at a time now.

I will definately join the July/August Thread.

Thank you both

I will keep you posted.

POH

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    POH i am currently in my first cycle and it is one hell of a roller coaster journey just try and surrond yourself with supportive people and just do lots of thing u enjoy doing!!
    i hope ur ivf journey is a short one!!