+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Millie82 View Post
    my mum didnt have ms...

i cant believe im saying this going on what some ladies go through, but i hope i get it, but only for like a month or so, or just the first trimester...only because mum put on a lot of weight with her pregnancies with me & my sister because she didnt get sick all the time. I am my mother, similarities are scary so undoubtedly i will take after her in gaining weight & not have ms
    I gained a healthy 32kg during my pregnancy and didn't have ms. I lost a lot of that weight by breastfeeding, eating healthy and walking a lot (with the pram).

I don't think wishing for ms (which isn't good for bubs either) because you're worried you will gain weight, is a smart thing.
    You will gain the most weight in the 2nd and 3rd trimester anyway. A lot of that is fluid and water retention.
    Just eat healthy, keep moving and don't do the "Oh I have to eat for 2 because I am pregnant, so I'll have 2 Mars bars now"

Why is she blaming weight gain on the lack of vomiting anyway???? I find that a bit bizarre and to be even very honest, it almost sounds like an excuse for gaining weight that she knows she shouldn't have
    Has she got any proof that it was for the lack of ms? Could it not be the lack of exercise or the eating a bit too much?
    Even with ms you still gain weight. Its pretty much a fact. It is what you do after birth that will decide if you keep the weight on or work it off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I lost weight in pregnancy from ms, which started from 5w and ended at 36w when I gave birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I lost weight in pregnancy from ms, which started from 5w and ended at 36w when I gave birth.
    You have had it throughout most of your pregnancy though. I doubt a month or even 2 months will have a big effect on your weight gain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    I gained a healthy 32kg during my pregnancy and didn't have ms. I lost a lot of that weight by breastfeeding, eating healthy and walking a lot (with the pram).

I don't think wishing for ms (which isn't good for bubs either) because you're worried you will gain weight, is a smart thing.
    You will gain the most weight in the 2nd and 3rd trimester anyway. A lot of that is fluid and water retention.
    Just eat healthy, keep moving and don't do the "Oh I have to eat for 2 because I am pregnant, so I'll have 2 Mars bars now"

Why is she blaming weight gain on the lack of vomiting anyway???? I find that a bit bizarre and to be even very honest, it almost sounds like an excuse for gaining weight that she knows she shouldn't have
    Has she got any proof that it was for the lack of ms? Could it not be the lack of exercise or the eating a bit too much?
    Even with ms you still gain weight. Its pretty much a fact. It is what you do after birth that will decide if you keep the weight on or work it off.
    Yeah, I guess it was just mum making excuses! I was just going on the fact that up until she had us she was slim like I am now then ballooned out & never lost it again!

Ive been traveling for 2.5 years now & gained 10kg...after doing a 12wk program I've lost it...motivation was to get myself ready for pg. I'm prob more active than mum was back then!

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well I'm almost 10 wks and haven't had any... A lot of my friends had none either... In fact I don't know many pol who suffered from ms so fingers crossed u will be ok too

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum had bad morning sickness so did my sister I on the other hand didn't, with DS occasional days that I didn't feel 100% but that's all, I get a lot of tiredness though. I'm 8weeks now and again no morning sickness just a couple of days not feeling 100% and tiredness.
    I've never really been someone who 'chucks' even with bugs like gastro, I must have a iron stomach lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Millie82 View Post
    my mum didnt have ms...

i cant believe im saying this going on what some ladies go through, but i hope i get it, but only for like a month or so, or just the first trimester...only because mum put on a lot of weight with her pregnancies with me & my sister because she didnt get sick all the time. I am my mother, similarities are scary so undoubtedly i will take after her in gaining weight & not have ms
    I didn't gain any weight with DS and as you can see from my previous post that I didn't have morning sickness, by the time DS was a week old I had lost 16kg from my starting weight, so pregnancy made me skinny again

Thanks
    Reviews
    i got nausia and fatigue around the 8-9 week mark so 2 months after a missed period! If that helps. Now 12 weeks pregnant, i just feel weak and tired. Everyone is different though. My fist pregnancy i had nothing at all. U cant really EXPECT to get m/s. U can HOPE u dont!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My morning sickness lasted from week 5 and eased up around week 10. I often threw up after brushing my teeth because of the gag reflex!

It lasted pretty much all day but was worst first thing in the morning and late at night. If I went more than 2 hours without eating something it would get worse.

The doctor prescribed Maxalon but it gave me such painful gas that I opted to put up with the nausea instead!

TeamAwesome is offline No one's perfect, but everyone can be awesome.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    depends on you cycles IME - mine were 21 days for my first 3 (went seriously irregular after my 3rd but that's another story) so 5 weeks was basically 4 weeks post conception for me so and 3 weeks was the start of hyperemesis for me with my first (a very tiny 1% of women get this)