+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default HELP!! Can anyone recommend a really good physio for ultrasound on blocked ducts?

Do you know a good women's health physio in south east Melbourne with experience in ultrasound for blocked milk ducts? I had it done once before but not by a physio who was familiar/experienced with ultrasound for a blocked duct. It didn't work.

I need to get this boob back into shape stat or the bottle is going to continue to win my ds's affections. I can't produce enjoy for him with just one breast. We've been through so much to still be breast feeding and I would hate to give up feeling like there was something more I could have done!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    This isnt any advice on ultrasounds and physio as asked, but in the interim, have you considered trying an electric toothbrush on the blocked duct, or better still (dare I say it )a vibrator. I know it probably sounds silly, but it can work. I found the best thing for me was to get in the warm shower and put the toothbrush on the duct and keep massaging it out with my hand. I also got bub to constantly feed on the blocked duct side with me angling over to allow it to drain if that makes sense. I only ever had the one blocked duct and all this worked a treat saving me from having the ultrasound.

My Gp at the time told me to ring aorund Physios that would ultrasound, so maybe you could try that in your area as well. I hope this doesn't end your breastfeeding journey.

(Off to delete my reply to you in the bottle feeding section)!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks heaps for taking the time to reply! Bubs is now 20 weeks. When he was 8 weeks I got a really bad one (my second) and this breast has never been the same since. Extremely prone to blockage and never really flowed the same again.

P.s. can I get a mod to delete when using mobile app?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You are doing so well, especially with perservering , I would strongly recommend everytime you're in the shower to try and massage the troublesome breast and encourage your little man to feed on that breast as much as you can.
    Hopefully you can find a physio in your area that can ultrasound it for you too.

I don't know about mobile apps, but a Mod can definitely delete your thread for you, just pm one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd call a lactation clinic like the one at at Vincent's private in the city and get their advice/recommendation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had it done successfuly about 3 weeks ago by a physio opposite the royal womens hospital on flemington rd. I think her name was Sarah cleaver and she fitted me in that day. My ob recommended her as she does it frequently. Try googling her name and if that doesn't work pm me and I will look it up.

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your help