+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Single and Renting?

Hi Everyone, I'm currently living with family and looking to move out and get my own place soon I just got a BFP! So I'm thinking it will get a little cramped here with DS, myself and baby #2 all sharing the one room. I'm studying full time and I get parenting payment single, FTB A & B no rent assistance as I don't pay any rent at the moment.

I was also looking at applying for a bond loan through DOC Housing and it says rent can't exceed 60% of income. Is that with Rent assistance added in? I know you can't get rent assistance until after you get a rental agreement though. It will make a huge difference if going by my current payment I can rent up to $280ish p/w but with rent assistance I can get one up to $320ish p/w. So my question is, how much rent are you paying at the moment? Is it too much? How are you coping with rent/bills etc?

TIA!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I rented and we coped, but when bills came In it was near impossible to find the money. I only have one ds so you would have a little more. My rental started at 320 but jumped to 360 in 18 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    I pay $280 rent and manage well, but I do work part time.

Without work 280 would make it tight, but could still pay all the bills and expenses in the budget.

Have you got a good budget set up?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I pay $260 atm. I find that to be difficult at times. I study FT so get PES and work so i get a little bit extra in the way of money.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I pay $240 ATM and that would be manageable if not for extra bills such as legal fees etc etc.

Should be all settled next month though and I'm moving towns, looking for places up to $280 in the new town. Will be able to afford that easily.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I pay $320 a week but I work, get ftb a and b and rent assistance ...I cope ok.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

micky18  (02-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I pay $190 a week for a 2 bedroom unit for me & ds and our cat. I get pps, ftb a & b rent assistance plus carers allowance and we manage well, I centre pay my bills and rent then all I have to do is food and extras with what's left over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm paying $255; I do get PPS, FTB A & B, Rent Assistance & PES, I don't have any major bills unless the car should break down but it is a fairly new car and we seem to manage ok on that but I do only have one child. I am studying hence the PES and am nearing the end of my course (well Sept 2013 I graduate YAY) and the plan is a fairly ok paying job.

I find having a budget and paying bills fortnightly wherever possible helps.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MummysYellowCar For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (16-06-2012)

brydz is offline blessed with everyone amazing in my life
    Thanks
    Reviews
    y 300 a week. without work its a very tight struggle but i have a casual job and a little spare cash from the sale of my home that i can use if i need to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My rent is 260 and Im on SPP, FTB and A, plus I was also getting a 140 a week CS, since the father has lost his job and now for CS I get 7 a week things are hellish tight. Im waiting on an operation that will be done in about 3weeks, cant wait to get it done and recover so I can find some sort of work. My car is due for 4 new tyres and break pads to be replaced and its the big things like this that are just too hard to cover.