+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Entertaining a 10 week old

Hey, I'm looking for some suggestions! My little man is very awake through the day, he maybe naps for 20 mins 3 times a day. He seems to be at a stage where he is alert enough to get bored but not really playing properly yet. He gets bored SO quick unless I'm talking to him. I mean if I walk away for 3 minutes he's screaming, then smiling when I come back and start talking. As much as I love chatting with him I'm getting nothing done at all.
    Any suggestions on keeping him happy? What toys did your little on like at this age? He doesn't seem to be quite up to holding toys, just hitting ones above him but that only works for a couple of minutes.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think at that age they just want to look around, so getting a good baby carrier would be the best, that way he gets to be close to you and is entertained with watching you do stuff and you actually get things done!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I bought a high chair for DD who is just 3mths now. It reclines back so she's not too upright and I can wheel her around the kitchen with me and keep constant contact with her.

She's not really into any toys but love, love, loves her teddy (prob because its big and squishy). Also, believe it or not, is a huge fan of a sheet of baking paper. I give her a piece of that when we're in the kitchen and she's content to crunch it around in her hands for a good while

Sent from my HTC Liberty using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got a 9 week old that's just started that a week ago so I tried a sling but he didn't like that very much so I went and bought a ego baby carrier. My DS is so much happier

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bouncer
    Swing (indoor with newborn seat)

Thanks
    Reviews
    honestly? leave the housework and play!

A baby gym
    a rattle - you have to wrap their fingers around it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS at that age loved lying underneath his play mat and batting all the animals

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    At that age DS would sit in his indoor swing with some toys and I would have music on so I could sing to him, he loved it! Also as a pp said the simplest things can keep them preoccupied for ages so maybe something that they are safe playing with that makes a lot of noise (love the baking paper idea!). DS also had a play mat which had lights, toys and music that he would lay under and muck around with.