+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    If you fall off the wagon, don't dwell on it, just get back on track.

Meal plan. Drink loads of water. If you are hungry, drink a glass of water before eating. Eat a piece of fruit if you are hungry. Think about why you are eating, are you really hungry or bored or emotional? Start walking or join a gym. Don't buy any chocolate, biscuits etc. and don't keep them in the house. Cut out soft drinks, juices and cordials.

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    subscribing

I have 15kg to lose too!

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Cut out soft drinks, juices and cordials.
    just adding: unless you make your own!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone, About 7 years ago, I needed to lose 15 kilos- here's how I did it (by the way, I'll be doing it again soon after bub #3 arrives, so I am also subscribing to hear everyone's tips):
    1. Portion control is critical- the less you put in, the less you have to work off. You may be hungry at first, but will adapt after a few weeks.
    2. No carbs after lunch - have meat and veg for dinner, but no pasta, bread etc. Once the weight starts to fall off, of course you can reintroduce these.
    3. Try and cut out white carbs for the first 10kgs or so- rice, pasta, sugar.
    4. Try and minimise processed foods- eg: shop bought biscuits. We all know they are rubbish!
    5. Weigh yourself every day for the rest of your life! I love doing this- if I have a big weekend or a holiday, I know what I have to do to get back to my goal weight.
    6. Movement is good- I used to go power walking for 30 mins per day- since having kids, I don't want to have to think about going out to exercise. I hired a treadmill and can go on there, even for 5 minutes at a time, without thinking of organising the kids, getting dressed etc. It is fab. Cardio makes the weight fall off.
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Two little things:

1. Gluten
    2. Refined sugar

Try it for 6 weeks and see how you feel after that time. I wouldn't mind betting that you will feel amazing and easily lose weight.

It might just help with your anaemia too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenhorn View Post
    just adding: unless you make your own!
    I could never be bothered

Juices are a waste of calories, IMO! Better off just drinking water only.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow, thanks for all the replies.

Amira - Thats good to hear it's mostly the food intake. I do believe that once I start losing weight and adjusting what I eat I will have more energy. I was going to start with exercising 2 nights a week. I am happy to do it slow, though would love to lose a couple of kilos quickly. My target is November/December.

Sweeteven - I totally scoff my food and then hungry not long after and one of us will then drive and get takeaway. How sad is that??? What I can't comprehend is that my girls eat 80% fantastic, I just don't understand why I don't eat the same...

Cellent - My biggest is at school, my 2nd is 2 and my 3rd just turned 1. ATM it's so wet, but mainly because I have no energy I find it extremely exhausting to get out of the house. My girls also sleep over a 4 hour span throughout the day. ATM, I so need this down time, so don't really want to alter sleeps. However, I am trying to motivate myself to do DVD exercise, because there is really no excuse to do a little a day!!! The silly thing also, is that if it involves anything for the kids, i don't question twice about doing it, but when it comes to me, I just don't do it.

BigRedV - Water is our main drink. I love and have 2 (sometimes 3) Capps a day. I have reduced fat milk and one large sugar in each. I also have a glass of alcohol a few times a week and the same with Pepsi Max. I believe I eat for all 3 reasons you mentioned. I am currently paying $69/month for a gym membership that I haven't used since December and it doesn't expire until September. They don't have creche, I used to go when DH came home from work. We don't eat many biscuits, but one of my biggest issues is that I usually have 2 morning teas here a week and it's your typical crap and unhealthy morning tea food. I do pick on these days and then despise food wastage. So I admit I do end up eating a large chunk of it.... When I go to my friends homes I can be strong and hardly pick at anything, but because I have the youngest child that sleeps alot, we mostly meet at my house.

Greenhorn - Do you want to track your progress in this thread?

LittleRiver - I am definitely going to work on portion control. We don't have alot of processed foods, unless it's morning tea type things. At least 4 of our nightly dinners would involve some form of carb. I will aim to do 3 and see how we go. Would you classify sweet potato as carb?? I actually also hired a cross trainer after I had number 3 and it sat in our loungeroom and hardly got used. Adjusting to 3 young children and mild depression, I think I put too much pressure on myself too soon.

OurlittleBlessing - Sorry if I sound simple, do you mean Gluten Free?? What is classed as refind sugar??

So sorry for the essay, but am trying to psych myself for my Monday start.

Thanks girls....

xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 3InATub For This Useful Post:

littleriv  (16-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, my reply was totally confusing!! Oops.

What I meant was indeed gluten free. As far as refined sugar it's mainly things like table (white) sugar, brown sugar, maple syrup etc.

Some people that are sensitive to gluten find that it makes them gain weight, and can even cause cravings in some people. I know this is true for me.

Just google something like 'gluten intolerance and weight gain' if you like, there is lots of info out there.

Another reason I thought of gluten intolerance is because you mentioned you are anaemic, and going gluten free has helped me finally start to absorb iron (I've been anaemic for most of my life).

I eat a very basic diet of unprocessed foods: meat, eggs, fish, vegies, fruit, nuts & seeds. I am doing it for health reasons, but am finding that I am loosing weight as well, with no cravings for bad stuff. This is amazing to me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    A few successful tips here;

- break your fast in the morning with something very small first - a strawberry, of a bite of an apple. THen do some exercise. You will burn right through the sugar into your fat stores. If you exercise later in the day, Anything else you eat during the day I'll be burnt before you tap into the fat stores.

- Make sure you eat something every three hours, and ensure it has a serving of protein with it. For example, don't have an apple without a hard boiled egg.

- if you want to burn fat quickly, kick start by eating protein only for dinner. For example, a piece of salmon and nothing else. Don't do this for long, but for a few days is fine. Stock up on your veg at lunch instead.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dh lost 18 kg.

He cut down to having 20 grams of sugar a day

Sauce of any sort and mayo seem to have a lot of sugar

And buy juice no added sugar. The sugar content will not be counted then on no added sugar juices
    Hungry jacks, subway and pizza hut all have nutrition guides at there counter
    Subway is better