+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    My friend just emailed through the 'plan" she got when she joined..
    There are grammatical errors.
    Say.no.more.
    I am OUTTEY!
    Haven't read all the other replies but I read this and I immediately thought of the A*** B**** bikini body challenge. I was so close to joining but after reading her poorly worded and grammatically incorrect status updates I couldn't! Total load of ****. Friends who've done it say she advocates skipping meals and other nutritionally adverse things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm always comparing women's bodies. What I like, don't like, wish I was, who I'd turn for etc. You can't tell me that no one here has never done it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ElectricPink~ View Post
    I don't really see it as any different to if I were to post shirtless pictures of two male celebrities, one of which is broad and heavily muscular with rippling abs, and another toned with light definition, and asked which body type out of the two do you prefer? Some of us would prefer the muscular, others would prefer the toned. Some may not be attracted to either! That's just life! Would that be offensive too? Because I'm pretty sure I've seen posts on bh in the past discussing preferences with male body shapes!
    Bc we aren't men. If that was posted in a weight loss group of men, then I would say there could be potentially damaging ramifications to that.

If a woman has the body of the model - skinny, no boobs etc, seeing those comments that she likes like a little girl may really upset her and make her question herself. Likewise a girl that is ripped may be offended by the comments she looked like a dude.

But for me the offensiveness of that group goes way beyond those pictures....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    I'm always comparing women's bodies. What I like, don't like, wish I was, who I'd turn for etc. You can't tell me that no one here has never done it.
    Of course we have! But for a "professional" to allow a platform and therefore encourage comments that blatantly slam, offend and judge?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

Liddybugs  (17-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I havent seen the group..but I do find it offensive to judge body types.We are all different and even if 2 diff ppl work their *** off,they will never be the same!
    Its common sense...we all want a wonder pill to be skinny...it aint gonna happen without good diet and regular exercise,thats a given!!And its not just about looking "hot" its about being healthy!
    As much as I dont like her skinny fat=yuk comment,its kinda true.Anyone can be skinny,but its takes alot to tone muscles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No one is saying they haven't, but to provide a platform for people to do so in a way that could impact people negatively is really unprofessional and wrong. It would be like me coming here on BH and starting a thread asking members to choose which body type the like out of A and B.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is a HUGE difference between having your own personal views on what your likes/dislikes are as opposed to using a Social Media outlet to have people scrutinize and judge.

I think this whole A... B.... craze is potentially very dangerous. Some girls on that site are eating well below 1000 calories a day, plus doing a intense workout regime. Sure, the weight is coming off, but at what cost to their health?

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

Crazyfiasco  (17-06-2012),delirium  (17-06-2012),Gandalf  (01-07-2012),Liddybugs  (17-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ok so I've just gone to look at the picture everyone is talking about and I have to agree with electric pink and say that I don't see what the big deal is. The question asked is simply "which do you prefer?" personally I prefer the VS angel, but only because she's look more feminine. The diva definitely puts in the hard yards though and deserves some credit. I don't know if I'm missing something but I just don't find it offensive sorry but that's just my opinion.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (18-06-2012),wilding  (01-07-2012),~ElectricPink~  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    There is no way that people go from one picture to the other in 4wks. Ive been working my a$$ off for 12wks, with a trainer 7times a week and eating 'clean' (a diet plan suitable for breastfeeding mothers, set up by a nutritionist) and i havent dropped that much weight (6.1kg in 12wks). Im glad for it. The longer it takes to work it off the longer it would take to put it back on (apparently). Im no where near skinny fat yet, but when i get there ill be super happy
    6.1kgs in 12 weeks is awesome!
    Well done

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Liddybugs For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so I've just gone to look at the picture everyone is talking about and I have to agree with electric pink and say that I don't see what the big deal is. The question asked is simply "which do you prefer?" personally I prefer the VS angel, but only because she's look more feminine. The diva definitely puts in the hard yards though and deserves some credit. I don't know if I'm missing something but I just don't find it offensive sorry but that's just my opinion.
    Honestly? Sorry but yes...you are missing something. We aren't talking about the 'bodies', we're talking about the platform that is being made available for woman to scrutinise others. It goes against what positive weight loss is all about.
    It's cool if you don't see that, we're all different and have different ideologies.

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

delirium  (17-06-2012),Gandalf  (01-07-2012),Guest1234  (17-06-2012),lambjam  (29-06-2012),Liddybugs  (17-06-2012),misskittyfantastico  (17-06-2012),MrsTwith3  (26-06-2012)