+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A few years ago I was in a nightclub (*shudder* I HATE clubbing!), trailing behind one of my friends as we made our way from one room to another. A couple of guys pushed past me, and one of them very swiftly snuck his hand between my legs and copped a pretty decent feel of my "bits". I whirled around to retaliate, but whoever it was was completely lost in the crowd... I was rather flabbergasted!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im sure I have more but this one has stuck with me. When I was about 13, we had a family gathering and my grandma had a beautiful silk dress that she wore to my auntys wedding back in the 70's. My grandmother was tiny and very slim. I said I would try it on and my witch of an aunt said 'oh there is no way YOU are going to fit in THAT!!' .... My mum was mortified and although I put on a brave face, that comment has scarred me for life and I will always have ongoing body issues because of it. Needless to say she is not my favourite aunt and we never see her! P.s, the dress fit me perfectly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The only one that really stands out to me is something my grandmother (dads mum) did/said (she has done some shockers but this would have to be the worst).

I was raised by mums parents. I was extremely close to my Nanna, she was my rock and my world. Anyway, we found out when I was 13 that she had terminal cancer. She fought for 6 months before passive away. It was a traumatic time as you can imagine. I had lost the woman Id known my whole life as mum.

Anyway she passed away in the November, and that Xmas (so really only a few weeks later) I spent Xmas with my dad and his family (it was his year). They lived over 12 hours away. We went on a house boat with his parents and some other relatives. I was still coming to grips with everything and I had always believed that once a person passes away, they don't leave you spiritually, just physically from your sight (and that's exactly what my nan said to me before she passed away). She had grown up on light houses and around the ocean and we shared a mutual love of the water. One night I was missing her terribly so sat out the front of the boat away from everyone and was "talking" to her. It comforted me to think that she was watching over me Nd while she couldn't reply, she could hear what I had to say.

I was out there maybe 15 minutes, and my dads mum comes out and asked what I was doing. When I told her I was missing Nanna and was talking to her, she scoffed and said (and I quote) "don't be so stupid. She can't hear you. She is ash now". Nanna was cremated. I cannot even begin to express the hurt those words caused. I spent the rest of the holiday trying to avoid dads mum.

When I got back to mums, dad's mum rocked up one day and started having a go at mum about how much I misbehaved over the holiday and that she had enrolled me in a "self improvement" course to try and pull my behavior into line. I have never heard my mum get as angry as she did that day (I had told mum briefly what happened on the boat). She told my grandma to pretty much go f@ck herself, that I had just lost the most important person in my life and that she had no right to say what she did to me. Mum yelled for probably a good 10 minutes telling dads mum exactly what she thought of the whole situation.

Another "dads mum" incident (also involving my Nanna) was my wedding. She wanted to "surprise" me with a slide show of all the photos she could find of me and Nanna. Thankfully she had to tell DH about it as she needed to organize a projector. DH knew how I would react and so told my mum, who in turn told my uncle and apparently they had a massive blue the morning of the wedding. Thankfully mum and my uncle and DH managed to convince dads mum that the projector wasn't working. This was after we had been to their place for lunch and they had old home movies playing, most of them had footage of my Nanna. I kept going outside so I didn't have to see it. DH clued in straight away and eventually my dads mum asked if I was uncomfortable. When I said yes, it still upset me, she scoffed and said I needed to get over it. Thankfully DH made up some excuse and we got out of there quick smart.

Then there is my dads wife. Worst one she has done was our wedding day. She was blind rotten drunk before the ceremony even started, to the point she couldn't stand. In every single photo (including the professional ones), she is snarling (and I mean snarling). She wore a mini dress and as everyone was walking into the reception, she flashed my DH's step dad (while mil was right there as well), and let's just say somewhere along the line she misplaced her underwear. Then spent the rest of the night abusing the **** out of our guests. Over the next few days evey single guest commented on how rude she was.

sweetsugardumplin' is offline be the change you want to see in da world
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Another pearl from the mouth of a MIL....

I had just endured six rounds of chemo, I was bald, spotty, bloated...you know how it is!
    But throughout the treatment I had made an effort to dress nicely, wear make up, wear beautiful scarves/headwraps etc...

So my MIL says to me the day after I have my last session of chemo "Now you can really make an effort to look after yourself and look nice"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsugardumplin' View Post
    Another pearl from the mouth of a MIL....

I had just endured six rounds of chemo, I was bald, spotty, bloated...you know how it is!
    But throughout the treatment I had made an effort to dress nicely, wear make up, wear beautiful scarves/headwraps etc...

So my MIL says to me the day after I have my last session of chemo "Now you can really make an effort to look after yourself and look nice"
    :-o omfg!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    subscribing..

I would like to mention that as a mother of 3 boys I will most likely he a MIL someday, and I sure as H*ll wont be putting the women my boys choose to share their life with through any of this behaviour!! In fact having never had a daughter I will probably treat them like gold!!!

such awful stories

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kiplusthree For This Useful Post:

2Bboys  (15-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    A few years ago I was in a nightclub (*shudder* I HATE clubbing!), trailing behind one of my friends as we made our way from one room to another. A couple of guys pushed past me, and one of them very swiftly snuck his hand between my legs and copped a pretty decent feel of my "bits". I whirled around to retaliate, but whoever it was was completely lost in the crowd... I was rather flabbergasted!
    Ive had this happen too, though i saw the guy, got him kicked out of the club and threatened to go to the police (i never did though). It almost caused a fight when the mans wife accused me of making it up. The bouncers knew me and kicked the wife out too.

When i was 6-7mths pregnant with my first son (21years old), i was visiting my mother in WA. We were at the local pub for new years. A man asked me if i was upset/annoyed (?) that i couldnt drink, i replied that it didnt bother me as i wasnt a drinker usually anyway, to which he said "Then how did you get pregnant?"

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiplusthree View Post
    subscribing..

I would like to mention that as a mother of 3 boys I will most likely he a MIL someday, and I sure as H*ll wont be putting the women my boys choose to share their life with through any of this behaviour!! In fact having never had a daughter I will probably treat them like gold!!!

such awful stories

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub
    Here here!!! Though I only have two boys lol. I don't ever want to be one of these MILs.

My XMIL passed away a few months before our wedding. I still miss we to this day. She was such a lovely woman and she really made me feel welcome a treated me as an equal.

My bf's mum bailed me up the first time I'd met her (we'd been together about 6 months) and told me 'you'll never get any judgment from me darlin', I was a single mum with two boys too and it's tough. I've told *bf* he better not put any pressure on you and to be patient' hmmm ok I know this was meant in a nice way but you've only just met me!!!

But after telling me she'd warned *bf* not to put pressure on me etc etc she out of the blue says 'so are you having any more kids?'. I was shocked and said 'no! The two I have keep me busy enough!' to which she turned to bf's brother and gave him a hug saying 'oh well, you'd better get home to your gf and keep her happy seeing as you're my only have at having grandchildren'.

Awesome. Way to make it obvious that you won't approve of me fully until I provide bf with an heir.

I might add that I hadn't even been separated from XH long enough to get divorced yet!!!

Mrs Molly Coddle is offline I've admitted in writing that veve is awesome - eeek she has proof!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hmm first thing that comes to mind is that FIL, in a drunken stupor, sent me a txt after DH and I got engaged to tell me not to get married.

Aaand a girlfriend told me I was a "mirror for other people's flaws." I will never forget that.

Mine aren't bad at all by comparison, though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    So so many to list, all to do with my parents.
    One was when I was talking to my mum on the phone not long after I'd cut my dad out. I asked her if she thought I deserved to be hit by my dad (something along those lines) and there was a long pause, and then a very hesitant 'no'. I couldn't believe it! My mum actually thought I deserved to be assaulted by my dad at the age of 17