+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    But abortion is against the christian faith isnt it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    One of my fellow Christains at church:

"I warned you! You defied God and had pre-marital sex. Now you are burdened with your DS, who has "issues". I told you to have an abortion and you didn't.
    It is God's punishment for you. Repent now and He will have His son cure your son".
    Wow. Just... Wow! I guess my DD's chronic tonsillitis and sleep apnoea and DS's tongue tie were because of that too.

Seriously? Crazy person!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Turk EnJayDee For This Useful Post:

Misschief  (15-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tildy View Post
    But abortion is against the christian faith isnt it?
    You cant win when you're a Christian

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Misschief For This Useful Post:

Eko  (16-06-2012),Kiplusthree  (15-06-2012),Liddybugs  (15-06-2012),soon2bmumzy  (16-06-2012),Super Trooper  (15-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My DH and I were engaged but unexpectedly fell pregnant before marriage.
    It didn't really bother us but all of a sudden when I was around 28 weeks we decided we'd get married. Spur-of-the-moment decision.

When we went to tell DH's grandmother that we were getting married, and to invite her to the wedding, she said "Oh I'm so glad you've decided to give the baby a proper home." WTF.

Thanks
    Reviews
    People can be so awful. I'm pretty good at letting things slide but here are the things that got me riled:

When I was 18 my then bf of 2 yrs moved to NZ to pursue his career at Dominos. I was just about to sign up for a childcare course as this was my career choice and I had no training. He was also experimenting with drugs and extra special levels of stupid so I was hesitant to drop everything and move to NZ with him despite his tempting offer to get me a job at Dominos with him. One day he is talking to his parents on the phone about how he doesnt know whether to stay in NZ or move back to be with me. His mother says "She is holding you back, don't worry about her, you are young, you will get over it." His dad said "You probably only miss the sex anyway. Come back for a visit, do her a few times and get it out of your system." His mother then went on to accuse me of being a gold digger. Hmmm, yes, because pizza delivery boys earn millions. He told me about this conversation when he rang me after talking to them and when I asked him if he stood up for me he said "well I nearly hung up on them". Great! I'm sure they picked that out of your mind too!

Then there is my current MIL who, when she found out we were looking to rent houses 20 mins out of town went to MY MOTHER to have a whinge saying "if only she didnt have so many pets, they could live in an apartment in town. She is making him do this, there is no way she can afford any of those houses on her own so he feels he has to move in with her. They should just stay with me for a few months till they are ready to buy. Why is she pushing this anyway?" My awesome mum just replied "they are big kids, they will manage thier own life." But seriously? I was only looking at places that I knew I could afford alone so that DP could stay with his mum and save if he wanted. We were living one week at his mum's and one week at mine. I couldnt stand the lack of my own space anymore!

They day I got the ultrasound and found my baby had died at 12 weeks she spent the day alternating between "did you really have no idea?", "I was thinking something was wrong, I just knew it." and "dont worry, you can just try again." AAAHHHHH Cause I didnt feel like a failure already with a missed miscarriage and of course getting UTD straight away fixes everything. She then outdid that a few days later when we were at a family gathering where there was a new baby. She made sure my SS's got to cuddle the baby heaps and then took photos and made a point of giving me a running commentary about what good brothers they make and what a good father DP is and how cute the baby is and how small and would I like to hold him Blah blah blah... All night. I just left the room and tried to read my book through the tears.

MIL's can be such insensitive creatures.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachell View Post
    When had lost 35kgs I was feeling pretty great about my self! I thought I looked pretty dam good and couldn't wait to flaunt my new body in my new size 10 dress in front of the in laws who hadn't seen me in ages (I was 30kgs heavier the last time they seen me)
    from the moment Dh met me they have picked on my weight! ;(
    I walk into this family gathering/party.

My SIL comes over to me and says, and I quote because the words have run through my head ever since.. "WOW Rach you finally did something about your weight, You don't look as disgusting now, but you still have a way to go there" gave me a very B!tchy smile and walked off.
    she was 18 at the time.. Totally shattered me.. No one else said anything about my weight loss
    I went from a size 24 to a size 10.. How could no one have a good compliment to say about that?

My family was much the same unfortunately.
    You know the old saying 'jealousys a curse'. That's awesome! Bet you look amazing

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pumpkinears For This Useful Post:

austmum  (17-06-2012),Liddybugs  (15-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, some of you ladies know some REALLY horrible people!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My now husband and I had just bought our first house and I had just found out I was pregnant.

My friend asked my if I was going to have an abortion and when I said no, she then asked if we were going to get married and when I said no, not until way later on down the track, she told me my child would be a b@stard child

Now I am not usually left speechless, but I was then!
    Last edited by BigRedV; 15-06-2012 at 20:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My two front teeth are larger than the rest of my teeth & I have a gap between them. They are not buck teeth or anything.

Anyway, years ago I was hanging out at my then partners house with a bunch of his friends. The topic of conversation was vampires, when out of the blue one of XP's friends remarks that I would be a 'beaver vampire'. People started laughing and I was so mad I just left the room, then took off home. XP was one of the people laughing

It was the first and only time anyone ever made fun my teeth & I just thought it was so rude.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was at the local aquatic centre which had a circular whirlpool kind of thing and i was going around it, and a guy swam up between my legs and stuck his head right under my crotch and lifted me up onto his shoulders... needless to say he copped a swift few punches in the head.