+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    i cant believe everything im reading. ffs what is wrong with people?

for everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh, Lemonhead, that's horrible!

Quote Originally Posted by YMo7 View Post
    I rang my "best friend" uncontrollably crying telling her my dh ( who was her best man at her wedding) is in hospital with bacterial meningitis and at this stage is touch and go. He has 2 doctors and 6 nurses with him ATM working on him but they don't know if he will still be with us tonight. To which I got "sorry, I'm just a bit busy, I will talk to you later. Hope you are
    Ok."

I heard from her 5 weeks later when she invited us to a BBQ - didn't k kw what had happened with dh or anything. Needless to say, I don't consider her a friend anymore.
    OMG!! Most BF's would drop everything and run if their BF made a phone call like that. I hope you told her to stick it (to put it nicely).

I have had one thing that sticks in my head. It was my wedding day. The only family I had was my mum and sister. Then my uncle gave me away (my dad had passed away) and I had no other family at all except my childhood next door neighbour who meant the world to me. As far as I was concerned she was my grandma. (my grandparents had all passed away when I was young) DH had heaps of family and cousins etc at our wedding.

They were doing the photo's and did the wedding party first as you do. Then my family. Which was really just a couple of photo's since it was really just my uncle and aunty, my mum, sister and then my "grandma". Well while we were getting photos with her DH's cousin was complaining very loudly that they are family and they should be getting their photos done before other people.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dannielle For This Useful Post:

YMo7  (15-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    And just before the funeral, an acquaintance of ours gave me a bolt from a truck with his nickname (spelled wrong) engraved on it. As he had died after coming off his motorbike and hitting a truck, I do believe that was pretty poor form.
    Oh my god Ana, that literally took my breath away! That's like giving an engraved knife in honour of a stabbing victim! I'd have shoved the bolt down the persons throat!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was in primary school my BFF used to run away from me at playtime with her other BFF (oh primary school, how I don't miss u). Anyway I was sad about this one day & another friend suggested very seriously that maybe they run away from me because of my face. I've never quite gotten over it... Bit pathetic, it happened around 17 years ago!

After having an emergency cesarean my friend said very flippantly "seems like everyone JUST has cesareans these days".

6. The Following User Says Thank You to peasmum For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (15-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have never been left speechless. I have many times had very offensive stuff said to me. I am sure one day I will not have a come back Normally if I am slow I will smile and say thanks for your observation but your opinion means nothing to me. I say something to this effect otherwise I am likely to knock them on the ground and I would rather be polite than a scrubber haha

The most common one I get is, Are you sure she is your child(my DD1) as she is nothing like you. She is blonde and you are so dark(usually "black"). I have heard people say behind me I bet she is the step mum but can't handle it so claims she is her's, I have been asked if I am sure both kids have the same dad as they cannot be sisters. OMG your black and your daughter is white. This is the MOST common and kids even say it to me DD but directly at her.

I once told a rude cow that I thought she(DD1) was prettier than my black baby so I swapped and left the hospital...she was speechless. I had a bad day as nearly everyone had made similar comments but her comments were nasty and demeaning.
    Last edited by fairyflossfairy; 15-06-2012 at 19:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post
    A lot of incredibly rude and hurtful things come to mind, but the one that stands out the most is from my 21st birthday.
    I went out to dinner with my family, and my Aunt was showing off her daughter's pregnant belly and the ultra sounds, etc, and I was doing the "Aww, so cute" thing that's expected(I was genuinely happy for her, I'm just not good at the cooing) when my Aunt randomly turns to me and says "I'm so glad you lost your baby. I'd have hated for you to be a single mum" the reason exDP and I seperated was because I wasn't able to have kids and I honestly felt like a failure as a mum and life partner, so called it quits.
    The second most hurtful one, also by the same Aunt, was my Dad had been diagnosed with cancer, and I was staying home from my mums birthday to care for him, being his primary carer, and my Aunt said "Well, your mum atleast is still alive. It can't be a surprise with your Dad". I was so offended and ****ed off by this I refused to speak to her for a very long time afterward.

The baby one still hurts quite a lot, and makes me wanna cry to this day.
    WHAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTT?!?!!!!! I'm so sorry you're related to such an ignorant, inconsiderate moron

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MoonMoon For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (15-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjong View Post
    When someone that is practically family asked me point blank "What's going on with your face these days, it looks awful" She was referring to my adult acne which is horrendous and very soul destroying at the moment. I felt like a freak and nearly cried

A friend asked me today (quitely and politely) about it, but actually gave me the contact of a good consultant. That was lovely of her, there is a wrong and right way to do things in this world!
    Oh POOS babe,you look fab as always!! I have the worst skin too,its **** to be almost 30 and have acne so rude,love ya xx

My DH and I moved to Oz when I was 21,just had a 7 week old baby,and left aaallll my friends and fam back home,sold EVERYTHING and arrived with a suitcase of clothes and momentos.I bawled the whole plane ride over here,and was met by my MIL (who I had met once) saying "what are you crying for?"
    hhhmm I wonder?

Oh and years down the track DH and I ended up in ANOTHER fight with my MIL,and he goes to her "****,the worst mistake I ever blody made was moving here!!!!" (they moved here first)
    SO MIL looks at me and goes "THAT is NOT the only mistake you made!"
    B!tch,she was lucky I didnt smack her one!! will NEVER forget it
    Last edited by *Chels*; 15-06-2012 at 19:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My best friend said this to me... first time I've been left speechless (not bad was just not ready for it).
    My DS at 14 months was still not walking and his daycare teacher had commented on a weakness in his legs. I took him to the Dr etc (he thinks it's just a developmental delay). Anyway I told her about and she said to me "Do you think it's because you were not eating properly when you were pregnant and he lack calcium so he hasn't developed properly". (My husband at the time had an affair with my other best friend while I was 5 months preg). It just threw me - I thought... well I didn't think that before but now I feel terrible if my stress has caused him to have issues. This was all said AFTER the doc said he was fine. Lol - I know she didn't mean anything by it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I just thought of another one...when I told the people at my work I was pregnant an old biddy asked if me and dp would be getting married before the baby was born as you don't want to have a ******* child! I couldn't believe what I was hearing, I was speechless!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    One of my fellow Christains at church:

"I warned you! You defied God and had pre-marital sex. Now you are burdened with your DS, who has "issues". I told you to have an abortion and you didn't.
    It is God's punishment for you. Repent now and He will have His son cure your son".