+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD was born at 28w all rather unexpectedly. BIL's stupid gf was due the week before my actual due date.

Anyway, DH sent pictures of DD to inlaws the next day and they all put them on their FB...

BIL's stupid gf wrote "So glad that this isn't my baby. So glad my baby is doing the right thing and staying where she's meant to be. So happy for my perfect family to continue growing. So happy I didn't get scarred having something that won't last. Can't wait to meet my perfect bubba in less than three months now".

Karma won though... Her "perfect bubba" came at 37/5 (which she claims is a premmie PFFT) and had to go to special care for two weeks because she couldn't suck!

Meanwhile my teeny tiny DD came home at 37/1 feeding all on her own AND has absolutely no issues!

Needless to say, BIL's stupid gf won't be getting the title of Aunty stupid gf when they get married later in the year.

-------------------------------------------------

MIL said that it was lucky I was back to my pre-birth weight quickly as "her boys don't like fatties" and then went on to say that she would "have found it difficult to look at you being fat seeming as you didn't have a real pregnancy."

I love my inlaws. I love my inlaws. I love my inlaws...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh I have another.

DH and I went shopping at aldi. There were only 3 tills open and lots of people. With big trolleys full. I was heavily pregnant and our trolley was also full but we were next in line.

This random guy pushes in front of us (he only had 1 item) but he just pushed in and we were quite annoyed since we had been waiting forever.

DH is not one to keep his mouth shut so he asked the guy what he was doing, the line was behind us. So the guy was like 'I only have one item'

So DH told him to stick it! (basically)

I mean really!! If he had said 'hey do u mind if I jump in front as I only have one item' I would have said 'yes go for it' but don't be so f-ing rude to just do it without asking or considering there are lots of others waiting and one is heavily pregnant!! The cheek of this guy!!

We were even more p1ssed that he then went and pushed in front of someone else in another line and got away with it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some of these are just heart breaking, you poor ladies!

A couple years ago, the day after our seventh miscarriage (twins) at 14.5 weeks, my cousin said to me:
    'you should just stop trying, it obviously isn't going to happen for you. Get a dog or something instead!'
    In the most sickly sweet voice...... I wanted to smack her one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    "it was probably for the best"

Said by a friends DP regarding my daughter dying and being stillborn at 35 wks, because her father was a jerk. Yeah that one left me speechless.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Last edited by Super Trooper; 15-06-2012 at 17:02.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When DP rang his 'fave' Nan (who lives in another state) to tell her we were expecting, he was talking to her on speaker. She had never met me or even spoken to me before and she says to him "Is she a swinger??", he said "Umm no" and then she says "well how do you know it's yours, it might not be, if I were you I would have tests done".

W...T...F

Well that made me feel like absolute crud and when I said to DP that he didn't stand up for me. He said "Well they are very valid questions".

W...T...F DP!!

Some others are:

"Are you on the pill, you need to be (I was and was for years), we don't need any accidents" -DP's Grandma (who I might add jynxed us as I fell pregnant on the pill, I love DP's Grandma however she is a truly lovely person, she was a bit tipsy at the time).

An ex friend and I were pregnant at the same time and she started dogging me etc (hers was planned, mine wasn't). She then tells me after DD is born that she hated that we were pregnant together because I stole her lime light. She was referring to the fact that she had a lot of my friends and family on my facebook and she didn't like that they were congratulating me etc. Well it's my family! Yeah I didn't take that too well but didn't overly retaliate either.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I can't believe how rude some of these comments are. Some people have no idea who what they say may affect someone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    When someone that is practically family asked me point blank "What's going on with your face these days, it looks awful" She was referring to my adult acne which is horrendous and very soul destroying at the moment. I felt like a freak and nearly cried

A friend asked me today (quitely and politely) about it, but actually gave me the contact of a good consultant. That was lovely of her, there is a wrong and right way to do things in this world!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mahjong For This Useful Post:

Kiplusthree  (15-06-2012)

YMo7 is offline 37 week ultrasound of our baby girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I rang my "best friend" uncontrollably crying telling her my dh ( who was her best man at her wedding) is in hospital with bacterial meningitis and at this stage is touch and go. He has 2 doctors and 6 nurses with him ATM working on him but they don't know if he will still be with us tonight. To which I got "sorry, I'm just a bit busy, I will talk to you later. Hope you are
    Ok."

I heard from her 5 weeks later when she invited us to a BBQ - didn't k kw what had happened with dh or anything. Needless to say, I don't consider her a friend anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ymo7 View Post
    i rang my "best friend" uncontrollably crying telling her my dh ( who was her best man at her wedding) is in hospital with bacterial meningitis and at this stage is touch and go. He has 2 doctors and 6 nurses with him atm working on him but they don't know if he will still be with us tonight. To which i got "sorry, i'm just a bit busy, i will talk to you later. Hope you are
    ok."
    w... T... F????

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

austmum  (15-06-2012),Eko  (16-06-2012),twotrunks  (15-06-2012),YMo7  (15-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    When I was pregnant with DS I was 19 and after DP finally told his family (when I was 6 months) they said I was ruining his life and I should get rid of it, then when they found out how far i was they suggested we look into adoption.

He is 2.5 yrs old now and they LOVE him but I still think about it sometimes.