+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    2 thing stand out for me. One was years ago. I'd lost 20kgs and told my Mum. Her reply? "Don't get excited, you've got 20 to go". Way to be supportive.

The other was more recent. After we lost our baby at 12 weeks (blighted ovum), SMIL told me I "shouldn't be upset as we really hadn't lost a real baby". Felt pretty bl00dy real to me. that was 3 years ago but I'm not sure I will ever forgive or forget.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (15-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    mine doesn't seem as bad as some of the ones on here

For me.. Two years ago DP ex came to the door. I thought she may have been there to see her daughter (who had stayed home from school sick). but shesays i am here to see you?!? (DP was at work) I was like ahh ok, i invited her in and was nice as pie to her, and basically she comes out and says can you do me a favour and not get pregnant , because she doesn't think its a good idea because we hadn't been together for long and because of the age difference between us. She then goes on to tell me that she doesn't know what dp has told me about their break-up (she cheated) but he is lying, and they will always love each other because they had been together for such a long time.. umm??
    I was still dumbstruck from the getting pregnant part that i just stood there looking at her, (i am not one for confrontation) i couldn't believe she thought she had the right to say that to me.
    That was all she came over for?? to say that stuff to me?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lovemybubbas For This Useful Post:

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh I just remembered one other thing. DH and I were at one of his school friends engagement party and I was sitting talking with another friends fiance (she was the only one I knew there).

This mates new fiance was talking to us and I asked her if I could see her ring. It was lovely, just a solitaire diamond but quite large.
    I said to her (as a joke) show that to DH, and tell him that's what I want.

She said "Oh I doubt he could afford it", flicked her hair and flounced off. The other girl and I stared at each other open mouthed, we were both gobsmacked at how rude she was about one of her finances best mates. I've had nothing to do with her since and don't plan to.

I won that one though, my diamond is the same size as hers but with tons of diamonds on the band too. DH didn't know about this until recently, but when I told him, I told him my ring is better and he laughed that I was so worried about his honour and some silly bimbo thinking he was cheap.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (15-06-2012),MoonMoon  (15-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    my Sil is preg with her first baby to.an 18yr old (was 17 when fell) and they been together 3 months. they tried for their baby as have we for the last 18months. she is getting over the top on fb and someone deleted her of fb and explained it was just a bit much as they were trying and she *****ed to me saying how they have no right to be upset or sensitive as they already have a kid.

obviously she thought this about us while we were trying and miscarrying and it infuriated me!!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PuppyGuts For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine isn't too bad but for me it was probably when I was speaking to my grandmother about my baby shower and some how we got onto talking about my sister who was also pregnant and my grandmother turned around and said well she does have a lot more to offer a baby than you do! I was so upset, this is all because my sister is married (even though I've been with my partner for 10 years) and she owns her own home.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LollyDolly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mine seems trivial to most on hear, but it still stings a little.

My bestfriend, who was 20weeks pregnant, came to A&E whilst I was awaiting surgery for my ectopic pregnancy. After me telling her not to, and who told the triage nurse she was my sister (my actual sister lives overseas!) to get in. I was very visibly upset and said "Its just not fair, this baby was so wanted". She replied to me: "Oh, I know. How do you think I felt after you fell pregnat so easily with *my ds*". I was gobsmacked! She was 20weeks pregnant with her THIRD child. My DS was 18months old at the time, and her other children were 5 & 3 so its not like she had ever sit and watch my TTC whilst TTC herself!

Just last week we found out we are expecting our second son. We sent an excited message out to family, SIL (who is 10 weeks pregnant) replied with:
    "Oh, congrats, lets hope I have a girl.".
    Last edited by Uh-Oh; 15-06-2012 at 16:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started a job as an audio visual advisor in a big company. I had never done anything with audio visual in my life, I had little training and the only reason I was out in that position is because the company was too tight to employ a qualified person. It was good for me as I got paid better than when I was in switchboard so I did my bet to learn what I could and train myself etc.

Anyway one day the data projector had a meltdown in one of the big boardrooms, so of course I was called in I fix this problem. Normally it was something small that was easily fixed but in this occasion I spent probably almost an hour fiddling round with cables, laptops, data projector etc in front of a room full of 20-30 businessmen and I couldn't fix it.

One a$$hole guy pipes up (so that the whole boardroom could hear) 'why don't you go back to making coffee's'

I was SO embarrassed and really really upset. I was really gobsmacked and did not have a come back to that! Plus I'm far too polite and well mannered and never stick up for myself... I just walked out the room and burst into tears.

There is nothing wron with a job making coffees at all, but the way this guy said it deliberately to embarass me and make me feel really sh1t was really nasty.

It still upsets me to this day coz I was trying my hardest in that job and it wasn't my fault I had no training. I told my manager but nothing was done about it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    I was SO embarrassed and really really upset. I was really gobsmacked and did not have a come back to that! Plus I'm far too polite and well mannered and never stick up for myself... I just walked out the room and burst into tears.
    You poor thing, I would have reacted the same way too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another time I met this mum at playgroup, she asked me what DS's name was so I told her, then she says 'oh XXX (her daughter) has a toy named XXX, all her toys have boring names'

WTF?!?! How rude!! My DS's name isn't common AT ALL! It's quite unusual!

Thanks
    Reviews
    GRR!!! Lemonhead, that is DISGRACEFUL!!
    I have a few actually;
    I told my exDH that my dad passed (this was a month ago) and that my brother came down for the funeral and he said "Oh why? they werent that close?"
    It was his FATHER dumba.rse.

When I told people at work I was pregnant, I got asked by a few of the old biddies- Oh.. was it planned? Or GEE you didnt waste anytime! DP and I have only been together about 11 months but still! and he and I work together- but he works offsite- he was really annoyed when I told him- he told me to say- nah, i don't even think it is (insert DP's name) 's baby. I have been sleeping around a bit!" LOL

Also- I was reallly big when I had DS- I lost 50 odd kilos after his birth but I was sitting in a cafe with DS when he was like 3 weeks old and a girlfriend and an old lady was smiling and eyeing DS off, she came over for a chat and proceeded to gush over how small he was (under 5 pound at birth) and that she couldn't beleive it coz I was so big! WTF!!! F-off lady! I was literally godsmacked!