+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So many horrible stories, some people should just keep their mouths shut.

Mine isn't half so bad but when I was pregnant with our 1st, DP's mum tried to encourage him to date a girl from her work, all while I was sitting at the table with them.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sakabla For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (15-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sakabla View Post

Mine isn't half so bad but when I was pregnant with our 1st, DP's mum tried to encourage him to date a girl from her work, all while I was sitting at the table with them.
    Noooo.....

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookish View Post
    Wow, that is beyond rude Lemonhead. I'm sorry you had to deal with that on top of your loss : (

Mine wasn't to me but to my ds. He was born with congenital ptosis (droopy eyelids). We've been through surgery, glasses, and are patching for four hours a day to repair the damage to his vision in his left eye and there was the constant worry that it wouldn't work and he'll loose sight in that eye altogether. And just as bad is the terrible worry about how he'll be treated because he looks a bit different (the surgery was pretty successful so I don't worry do much about this now). But before the op, when he was about 11 months old, we were in a shop and the assistant asked what was 'wrong' with his eyes. People often felt the need to ask. I explained briefly. She then felt the need to lean down to him and say 'you look funny with your droopy eyelids'. W.T.F!!!!!???
    What a MORON!

Hugs

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

Shooshlove  (15-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sakabla View Post

No you're right, that isn't half bad at all. That's ALL bad!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omgoodness! What are wrong with some people! Some of these posts are shocking!

One of my beloved dogs was killed a few years ago, and when it happened I was clearly distraught, and one of my friends said "Oh well, just get another one". (mmmmkay?)

DH and I left home at 21 to live 1000km away from both of our ENTIRE families. The night we left I was very upset (and really not thrilled about moving so far away) and was running around making sure I had packed up everything. Some family members came to see us off, and DH's grandfather came up to me and said curtly "C'mon love, some people have to work in the morning".
    (Mind you, he is retired!) It was quite a shock because he is usually an extremely lovely person. And it really annoyed me because everyone could see I was frazzled about leaving. Plus, I'm pretty sure no one had to work in the morning. Not sure where that came from?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MagicMud For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
    I can usually laugh most things off, or fire back something ten times more offensive to anyone who has the nerve to even try and p!ss me off, but after DD dies a family member asked my mum why we were even bothering to have a funeral because we only knew DD for 4 days and couldn't have been that attached.

For the very first time in my life, I was speechless lol. I can shrug it off now, but when it was very raw...it hurt, and made me feel like I was maybe making a big deal about nothing kwim?

Jesus. What is wrong with people?
    Absolutely awful! But I think it is even worse that somebody actually told you what was said. Something you definitely do not want or need to hear.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to brooke88(mum2b09) For This Useful Post:

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brooke88(mum2b09) View Post
    Absolutely awful! But I think it is even worse that somebody actually told you what was said. Something you definitely do not want or need to hear.
    LH was present when it was said, and for the life of me I dont know how she didnt slap the evil woman!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to trishalishous For This Useful Post:

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine isn't really that bad heh. My mother told me on the morning of my wedding that she thought my wedding dress was ugly and that it didn't suit me at all.

Up until that point, I'd thought it was totally perfect for me and I loved it. I spent my whole wedding day feeling really unhappy about it and worried that I didn't look nice because of it .

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    A lot of incredibly rude and hurtful things come to mind, but the one that stands out the most is from my 21st birthday.
    I went out to dinner with my family, and my Aunt was showing off her daughter's pregnant belly and the ultra sounds, etc, and I was doing the "Aww, so cute" thing that's expected(I was genuinely happy for her, I'm just not good at the cooing) when my Aunt randomly turns to me and says "I'm so glad you lost your baby. I'd have hated for you to be a single mum" the reason exDP and I seperated was because I wasn't able to have kids and I honestly felt like a failure as a mum and life partner, so called it quits.
    The second most hurtful one, also by the same Aunt, was my Dad had been diagnosed with cancer, and I was staying home from my mums birthday to care for him, being his primary carer, and my Aunt said "Well, your mum atleast is still alive. It can't be a surprise with your Dad". I was so offended and ****ed off by this I refused to speak to her for a very long time afterward.

The baby one still hurts quite a lot, and makes me wanna cry to this day.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When had lost 35kgs I was feeling pretty great about my self! I thought I looked pretty dam good and couldn't wait to flaunt my new body in my new size 10 dress in front of the in laws who hadn't seen me in ages (I was 30kgs heavier the last time they seen me)
    from the moment Dh met me they have picked on my weight! ;(
    I walk into this family gathering/party.

My SIL comes over to me and says, and I quote because the words have run through my head ever since.. "WOW Rach you finally did something about your weight, You don't look as disgusting now, but you still have a way to go there" gave me a very B!tchy smile and walked off.
    she was 18 at the time.. Totally shattered me.. No one else said anything about my weight loss
    I went from a size 24 to a size 10.. How could no one have a good compliment to say about that?

My family was much the same unfortunately.
    Last edited by Liddybugs; 15-06-2012 at 15:34.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Liddybugs For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (15-06-2012),Rutabaga  (15-06-2012)