+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When I failed my first driving test, with over 20 minor faults and 3 major ones, and my instructor said "Well, you did better than I thought you would."

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When I gave birth to my stillborn daughter...
    'She probably died because you're so young. Young bodies aren't equipped for babies.'
    'Well you're young. You must have been drinking and smoking'

Well, NO I hadn't been drinking or smoking and yes I was young, but I didn't choose to have sex and I certainly didn't choose to get pregnant. I couldn't believe people could say these things at such a horrendous time!

I'm go smacked at some of the things people say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mine happened today with FIL...
    He is one of those men who says things without thinking, but when it involves DS I get upset...

I accidentally scratched DS on the head with my engagement ring and he was crying, as I was comforting him FIL said "is that bad mummy bashing you up again"
    I could have cried..

Other times are:

I'll be blowing raspberries on DS belly or feet and FIL will yell at me for "spitting" on my son.

I'll be gentle stroking DS eyebrows and nose as it relaxes him while he is going to sleep, FIL yells at me to "stop annoying him"

Thanks
    Reviews
    In law's... They always seem to know best and can magically communicate with bub to know what bub is feeling. *rolls eyes*

Thanks
    Reviews
    My grandmother once said to me that my son was "gross and sickly obese"

He was 12 months and 15 kgs but was very tall. He was very healthy and 2 doctors were very happy with him. He is now 4, 111cms tall and 21kgs. I will never forget that. He wasn't obese he was perfect and just beautiful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    A more recent one was probably my ex... when we broke up, I thought we were being quite nice to each other. Then I got... "Well, you never know... if you lose a LOT of weight... maybe someone might like you."

I then went on to starve myself for 2-3 months and lost 27kg. I was on BH then, and some of hte older members had to suffer through my delusional postings about my weight loss and how I was acheiving it...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    When I went to see my gp when jasper was 6 weeks old and she asked "so what are we doing for contraception because we don't want another accident"

I should have told her to go f-herself.

I'm finding the "random things strangers say to you when you have a baby" experience entertaining the second time around though. The random oldies telling me how to parent. Hilarious.
    Last edited by Boobycino; 17-06-2012 at 22:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    reminds me when I went to see a gp regarding post natal depression. and he looks at me and says, ''no you don't look depressed enough, you seem happy to me, i don't believe it.,'' and laughed. I didn't know we were supposed to look like anything in particular when depressed, but i said to him, ''yes, well feeling like I want to throw the baby at the wall and doing stupid things to myself and just bawling all day and all night is so normal. thanks.'' and walked out.

so in the end i just kept all horrid feelings and thoughts to myself and just suffered and made myself sick inside for months on end.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

wrena  (19-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just last week I went to visit my husbands grandfather (his last days) at hospital. I was in a lift with two other women, one pregnant and both had 2 kids.
    One decided to say to me 'you need a good feed love'

I was so angry and upset I'm skinny due to a lot of ongoing health issues and suffer anxiety. I'm skinny but clearly don't have an eating disorder. But I do think I'm skinny and I absolutely hate it and already blaming myself for still not falling pregnant with number 2.

People need to shut the f&(k up sonetimes. It really hurt me

sweetsugardumplin' is offline be the change you want to see in da world
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    reminds me when I went to see a gp regarding post natal depression. and he looks at me and says, ''no you don't look depressed enough, you seem happy to me, i don't believe it.,'' and laughed. I didn't know we were supposed to look like anything in particular when depressed, but i said to him, ''yes, well feeling like I want to throw the baby at the wall and doing stupid things to myself and just bawling all day and all night is so normal. thanks.'' and walked out.

so in the end i just kept all horrid feelings and thoughts to myself and just suffered and made myself sick inside for months on end.
    I am so sorry that this was your experience
    I had a MCHN tell me that there was obviously no risk of domestic violence in my home, because my DH had sounded so nice on the phone.....Huh

Quote Originally Posted by MummaJez View Post
    Just last week I went to visit my husbands grandfather (his last days) at hospital. I was in a lift with two other women, one pregnant and both had 2 kids.
    One decided to say to me 'you need a good feed love'

I was so angry and upset I'm skinny due to a lot of ongoing health issues and suffer anxiety. I'm skinny but clearly don't have an eating disorder. But I do think I'm skinny and I absolutely hate it and already blaming myself for still not falling pregnant with number 2.

People need to shut the f&(k up sonetimes. It really hurt me
    That is awful
    I mean geez people you are in a hospital, a bit of thoughtfulness wouldn't go astray