+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Catholic primary school offers - when??

Hi there. I enrolled my girls into st clares catholic school in Tville, qld, and am just wondering when the first round of 'non catholic student' offers come out? The school advised me it's all the same for all catholic schools around ( not sure if thats just sane thru all of tville or all of qld)... so wondered if anyone knew? I'm desperate to find out lol

Thanks!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Not sure I know most catholic schools have already done all prep interviews so assume the catholic spots have been filled so I'd imagine quite soon they would fill what spots are left

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had interview in April so waiting with anticipation lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    wishing you good luck then

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I don't know about QLD, but in NSW, letters of acceptance are going out at the beginning of next term. Hope that helps :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks!! Apparently (from what the school told me) they stay in line with all qld catholic schools.

Thanks
    Reviews
    im in NSW and applications opened up for this particulr school in May for that month only; i picked up the form and was told there s only a limited numer of spaces left as HEAPS of people have applied already (picked up form on 10th May anyways i put her form in on the 28th May & was even told not to expect a place here as they already have over the amount of applications forno: of places avalible. i still had an interview the week later; and was told i will get a letter in the mail in the last week of term 2 informing me when she would be required to attend school (positive words by the principle!) (so interview was more getting to know our family, bout the school what it will offer our DD; not why we want to send our DD here etc). i recieved her acceptance letter this week (yay). so i even wonder if anyone is declined acceptance into a catholic school, well that school anyways and just say heaps of people apply just to make the school look good? LOL

IMO if your not going to be accepted they would let you know ASAP so you can make other arrangements for school.

as i also applied as a back up at another school (public) (incase my 1st choice was not accepted) and was told they will let me know if i am accepted but the end of the term also; her application was declined and was notified within 5 days, not the 4 weeks later. in a way no loss for me :-) thought i would let you know

good luck! hope you hear ++ news

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tashaplus2 View Post
    We had interview in April so waiting with anticipation lol
    I'm in Townsville at a Catholic school. First round offers (Catholic families) will be accepted by September. Second round offers will be once all families have accepted or declined. They will then offer to non-Catholic families who live in the area, then to non-Catholic families outside of that area. First-round places will have been posted out during this term and they have all of next term to get back to them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. I got an offer for my girls. Yay