+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh mines great.. he does everything without asking..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DH does a lot!! More than me probably. :/

Packs and unpacks dishwasher
    Mops floors
    Washes windows
    Takes out rubbish
    Does laundry - but hates folding and putting away
    Hangs laundry and brings it in
    Washes and vacuums cars
    Sweeps inside and outside
    Vacuums
    Dusts
    Feeds DS
    Baths DS every night
    Changes DS nappies
    General tidying

He's a neat freak and has a go at me for not doing more...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DH makes breakfast every morning.
    He helps me with dinner most nights.
    He cooks 1-2 times a week.
    He does the dishes ever other night.
    Keeps outdoor maintained.
    Feeds and looks after all animals (2 cats, 1dog and 1 bird).

That's about all tbh.
    DH doesn't do much on the days he works because he works long hours but on days off tries to make up for it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DH is amazing. He does all the outside work, handyman jobs, vacuuming, washing, general cleaning, most nights dishes etc. I am the lazy one lol. I only really cook dinner sometimes and might tidy up a little. I'm very lucky

Thanks
    Reviews
    He takes the bins out and that's it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DP is really good around the house. He hangs out all the washing, brings it in and puts it away. He also washes the cloth nappies, cleans the bath, takes out the rubbish, mows the lawn and waters the veggie garden. After giving DS a bath and reading his bedtime story he'll help clean up after dinner and sweep the kitchen floor. I enjoy doing everything else so it's a good balance for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewbeginnings View Post
    Men huh!

My DP is a very hands on dad which helps me out alot! But he also pulls his weight around the house. He will mop after i have vacumed, he does the dishes, stacks them in the dishwasher - puts them away etc. Cleans out the fridge when needed. Mow's, washes the cars every now and again. And he does the washing some days aswell. I only have one child and i usually get most things done when DS has his sleeps during the day ( 2 x 2 hour sleeps ) so i have 4 hours all up to do the housework, but i sometimes dont get everything done if i have other things to do and thats when DP will get it done.
    He leaves the house at 4:30am and gets home at 4pm everyday.

Just tell the Mr, you have had enough and he better start pulling his weight!
    Your hubby should give my hubby some lessons,

My DH does the cooking... I don't work so for the most part I get a lot done during the day but sometimes I don't and they stay undone I'd just love for him to be thoughtful sometimes, I've been really sick all this week and he hasn't done anything extra to help. I blame his mother she did everything for him when he lived with her so I guess he thinks I should do the same. I should just be grateful that he does the cooking coz I hate that. :-)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    When hubby is home we work together until everything is done I do more tidying though as he spends more time playing with the kids I also cook as I don't like his cooking so i don't let him unless its a bbq who cleans up depends on who baths or showers the kids most of the time the boys have a bath and DF showers DD which means I do the dishes and it gives me a shower alone which is something I don't get when he is away. It all works out in the end

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I know... I so know that feeling of feeling like you're doing everything and it's so overwhelming!
    My DH doesn't have any jobs that he does regularly and reliably. He probably does the washing up half the time, he sometimes does some washing/hangs it out/brings it in, he mostly does the bins when the situation gets desperate. Generally he will chip in if I start going on a bit of a cleaning up spree on the weekends. I think he starts to feel a bit guilty. He does spend a fair bit of time with the children when he is home though. Like right now he's taken them off the playgroup for the morning!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My XH (when we were together) used to keep the bathrooms clean. He was supposed to do dishes also, but that didn't happen. He was also supposed to handle teaching the children to clean their teeth, but that didn't eventuate either.

Now that we live separately, my toilet and bathroom are nowhere near as clean as when we were together.