+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DF works 6 days a week from 430am until 5pm as a horse trainer.

He bathes DS each night while i sit and chat to them both.
    He takes all rubbish out to bins and puts them out to be collected.
    Mows the lawns.
    He will wash dishes sometimes.

PS if anyone knows the reason why horses need to be trained at 5am i would love to know, it still baffles me!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    PS if anyone knows the reason why horses need to be trained at 5am i would love to know, it still baffles me!!!
    I believe it's because trainers, jockeys etc. have races starting (usually) between 11-12 so that's the only time they can do training. Plus if they're training on a racecourse and it's got a meeting that day it needs to be cleared with plenty of time to spare.

Cooler conditions would also help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The only thing my DP is responsible for around the house is to take the rubbish bins out.

Everything else falls to me.

He will help out if I ask him though...sometimes I will ask him to vacuum or unpack the dishwasher...this probably happens once a month.

Also, since our baby was born he has cooked a few times which has been amazing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH cooks most nights except when I use the slow cooker
    He vacuums & mops once a week
    He mows the lawns & takes out the rubbish

I do all the washing, ironing, bathrooms, dusting, kitchens, dishes & all the school & kindy drop off & pickups..I also work 2 days a week but he works 6am-4pm 5 days a week.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bf and I don't live together but we just get in and do what needs to be done.

We cook dinner together on the weekends and if I'm staying at his place when I don't have the kids in the school holidays, I'll have dinner ready when he walks through the door at 6pm.

If I start washing dishes, he automatically comes and picks up the tea towel to dry them :-)

We've already divided up the household chores though in case we ever live together lol. He's chosen the ironing and the washing while I get the bathroom and the floors lol.

My XH did nothing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Once home from work at 5.30pm, DH feeds DS before bed and baths him while I do dinner, he washes and sterilizes DS bottles if I haven't, he does the yard, puts on loads of washing if I haven't yet (including sorting into colors) , unload and pack dishwasher if I haven't been able to, vacuum every now and then and he does his own ironing. I cannot complain about my DH he helps where he can and never complains. A lot of the time I don't have to ask, he just sees something I haven't been able to do because DS doesn't sleep well during the day and does it. I am really very lucky and appreciate him very much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He works. In weekends that he is home he shares child duties and mows. He's not that helpful at home. I get annoyed sometimes, but mostly I'm used to him not being home anyway so I do all home/house stuff and basically run our lives. He bbqs in summer and will pick up toys if they are in the tv room (so he can sit an watch tv in calm serene surroundings). He really works hard long days and he is a massive introvert so unfortunately he's often not the best company nor assistance when he is home anyway as he just needs to sleep/rest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DH is away from home for work 80+ hours per week (for love, not money, we earn about the same as each other) I work 1-4 days per week 8am-3.30pm (+marking etc at night).

DH sometimes takes the bins to the kerb, sometimes empties the kitchen bin, changes the toilet roll when he finishes it, feeds the dog if he's home that night and gets 80% of his dirty washing in the basket. Everything else I do or pay someone to do (lawns).

However it's more important to me that he spends what little time he gets off doing things with DD than chores. If he doesn't put that as a priority, I get upset. He is a very hands on dad, as much as time allows.

I don't bother getting upset over the housework imbalance. He won't be in his current career forever (we've agreed it's too time consuming) and once his job changes then I'll be expecting changes.

(let me guess, no one's going to be asking to borrow my hubby? lol)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DH does whatever I ask usually, all I need to do is ask.

The only thing he does every single night is the dinner, bath and bed routine with both kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DH does what I ask him (sometimes).

I'm not hugely demanding when it comes to him doing stuff. He works, I am home with the kids. It works for us. But he does help when I ask.

He helps heaps with the kids, even if it's getting one dressed while I get the other dressed or something simple like that. He is very involved with them. Every weekend he cleans the kitchen and makes breakfast and lets me sleep in. I do get angry and say he doesn't help but really he does. He might not do a lot, but the little things he does do makes my life that bit easier.

More importantly, he supports me and works his butt off to provide a roof over our heads and make sure we never go without. And he always tries to make sure I know how much he appreciates me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast