+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My DH is pretty good and considering he works long hours I actually feel like the slack one! He does all garbage, yards, vacuuming, puts everyones clothes basket in laundry for me to wash ( or he washes) he showers with DS most mornings , he puts his own clothes away and organizes his own dry cleaning , I do all cooking except he makes pizzas and Sunday pancakes!
    He now takes Friday mornings off for "DS" time as he feels he was not spending enough time with him , so now they are at the park while I'm relaxing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I really can't complain. DH works from 7am till 6pm mon to fri and then most of Saturday's. He does all the outdoor maintenance, changes happiest and does bath when hes home. Helps with dinner. Will pick up the vacuum if he feels like it needs to be done. I don't expect any of this because I don't work (as in paid work hehe) and am always telling him to leave it but he doesn't mind. feel very lucky after reading some of these posts!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not much really. He is meant to work 7am-4pm but has been working from 6am-6pm lately. So during the week I dont expect him to do anything but help out with a nappy or two or making a bottle.

Weekends he helps me do the laundry (we go to the laundromat at the moment because we have no laundry due to extentions).
    He helps pick up toys and he does all the general outdoor maintenance, he will vacuum and sometimes sweeps. Every now and then he does the weekly shopping for me which is nice of him.
    DP has a hard time relaxing he always has to be doing something so he is very helpful when he hasnt been working long days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha. Not much. He's a great Daddy and partner but sheesh sometimes it feels as though i have 3 children.

He cooks most nights - but i still have to decide what we are having, get the groceries and do the cleaning afterwards. Occasionally he might do the dishes without being asked.

He will help if i nag but then i have to put up with his sooking .

He works longs hours (Mon-Sat) and i am a SAHM but it's not like i sit on the couch all day. I go back to work soon so times will be a changin'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and i don't count looking after the children as helping me out lol. He does lots of that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The love of my life works 5:30am - 3:00pm and believes that is enough. We have a 9 month old baby & and sometimes he'll bath her and that is it....oh he puts the bins out once a week. If I ask him to do something I get "the look"& an exaggerated sigh of "if I have to

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We share everything pretty much 50/50

Thanks
    Reviews
    I cook every night and he does dishes. Occasionally he will put washing away. He takes the bin out. That's it unless I ask (aka whine and demand and crack it til he complies) and then he will do said task under duress and do it poorly and be a grouch.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dh doesn't do much unless asked (even then it takes time) or I crack it because I'm sick and tired of picking up after him. Then he cleans the whole house coz he feels bad but slips back into his old habits pretty quick! He will always help with ds I just sometimes have to give him the hint that I can't cook tea, fold washing & feed a toddler at the same time!

Hes currently working approx 7am - 5pm. (away from home 6 - 6)

I don't mind doing the cleaning, I just HATE picking up after him because e can't be bothered putting his dirty socks in the wash basket or his beer bottle in the bin etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DP leaves for work around 9-9.15 and is home by 4.30 and does a lot if not slightly more around the house than me. He wakes up with the kids and gives them breakky then wakes me just before he leaves. I don't clean during the day so just feed and do stuff with the kids or take them out. I cook most days and he cleans up and baths the kids. I dress them. He takes the rubbish and bins out and cleans the cars. When we do a big clean he does the bathrooms, toilets and vacuuming, I do kitchen, dusting and mopping and I also do the washing and ironing. Pretty balanced in our home.