+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster View Post
    Cooks dinner every night (unless we get take-away)
    Takes the bins out
    Does the dishes
    Puts a load of washing on
    Vacuums
    Cleans the house
    Mops the floors of they need to be done

Pretty much everything there we share except cooking dinner.

Care to rent him out?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CharlieBug For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (15-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mine doesn't do much unless asked, but he does usually do the dishes as he knows how much I despise doing them. He will cook maybe once a week and eventually gets around to doing the yard work and odd jobs I've asked him to do. I don't really mind as he works 10hour days 5days a week and I don't work at all, if he did half of the house duties I would have nothing to do during the day When I go back to work though, I expect to him help out a little more. He always says if I need something done to ask him, so at the moment we don't really have any issues, except when I ask him to do something and 6months later it still isn't done (ie. Fix the back flyscreen )

ETA - I should also add he does all the mechanical work/services on the car himself. Most of the time he is just tinkering around at his pleasure as he enjoys working on the car(which takes up most afternoons), but if there is anything ever wrong I can rely on him to fix it which saves us a fortune.
    Last edited by Littlemissmetal; 15-06-2012 at 10:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah nothing really here... ****es me off to no end but half the time if I get him to do something I need to re do it anyway to my standards!!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mishh For This Useful Post:

babybumblebee  (15-06-2012),CharlieBug  (15-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well I work full time and dp works casually so he does pretty much everything which I am really greatful for, I tend to take over on the weekend though so he can chill out. I also do the bathroom and the toilet and I fold and hang up the clothes.

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster View Post
    Cooks dinner every night (unless we get take-away)
    Takes the bins out
    Does the dishes
    Puts a load of washing on
    Vacuums
    Cleans the house
    Mops the floors of they need to be done

Pretty much everything there we share except cooking dinner.

Ild also like to rent him, maybe we can do a rotating roster?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DF works night shift, but in between working and sleeping he will -
    Do laundry, including ironing.
    Clean the house - dusting, vacuuming, mopping, toilets, showers and baths etc.
    On nights off he will cook.
    On days where he doesn't need to sleep in he either does the grocery shopping by himself or with me.
    He keeps the yard clean and tidy.
    He washes and vacuums the cars at least once a week.

But sometimes I'd rather he just relax and spend time with the girls and I, or look after the girls while I go do something for myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bathtime
    Bins
    Gardening (the little amount we do)
    Dishes
    Sometimes cooking (70/30?)
    Vacuuming (hurts my back)
    Cleans shower
    Cleans oven
    Everything on the alternate Saturdays I work
    Often will fold nappies/washing for me if I'm out

He's pretty good

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, My DH does the majority of the cooking, and we share the washing, washing up etc. We also have a cleaner who comes in and does a full clean every 2 weeks which makes the rest easier to keep on top of.

I find that DH works best when he has specific jobs that are up to him to do - i.e his work shirts are up to him to wash, dry & iron. If he doesn't have clean work shirts then that is his problem. We agree in the morning what we are having for dinner and who is cooking, so he knows in advance what is expected of him. Most of the time that works. If I tell him what to do, or nag him because he isn't doing it quick enough he won't do it at all as he hates to be told what to do. I also make sure that I notice when he does extra stuff too (bit like a child, he needed training , and I needed to work out how to ask in a way that he would respond positively to)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I work full time, DH looks after DS weekdays Mon-Fri and works about 3-4 shifts casually (at night or on the weekend) per week.

He takes care of:

The majority of dishes & keeps the kitchen clean
    Cooks most nights
    Washing (sometimes has to be prompted if it's stuff like towels or linen, he is proactive when it comes to DS's clothes)
    Anything outdoors like taking out rubbish, lawns/gardens etc
    Vacuuming and a bit of mopping (though I usually do the whole house every weekend)

He doesn't really do bathrooms or 'detailed' cleaning, I still take care of a lot of the housework. But overall I'm happy with the amount of housework he does.

I know what it's like to be with a man who is hopelessly lazy and I'm so glad my DH isn't like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH will do heaps for the babies without asking. Plays with them, resettles overnight, nappy changes, bedtimes, baths, park playdates etc without being asked. Perfect dad.

Housework - cooks occ, all vacuuming, mopping floors, cleaning bathrooms, his own work laundry and grocery shopping. Will have to be asked/reminded to do it but does it without whinging.

He does more when I'm working/heavily pregnant/ tired/ just up from childbirth.