+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I won't be getting it but am using my tax return to put toward a fridge.

Why don't I put it in the bank?

Because I put hundreds of dollars per month in the bank already and I need a new fridge.

Will be putting my lump sum CCR in the joint savings acc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We are not eligible for FTB but with some of the examples given here my mind boggles at how much some of you must receive.

* note this is not a criticism on what you buy, more just my own surprise at how much FTB can work out to be

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by louellyn View Post
    We are not eligible for FTB but with some of the examples given here my mind boggles at how much some of you must receive.

* note this is not a criticism on what you buy, more just my own surprise at how much FTB can work out to be
    I'm fairly sure the supplements are just a reimbursement of what people have been underpaid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

It is 650ish per child and 390ish for the family, this is kept from fortnightly payments to avoid overpayments. So not EXTRA money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I think people just put it towards something, not that it covers the cost. I think I get a total of 7k in FTB for the year with the supplements. I can't imagine that would cover surgery, but it might be put with other savings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Some people get theirs in lump sums annually instead of fortnightly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I actually massively overestimated DHs income this year so we might get something for once

It will all be going on his tax debt for this financial year haha how thrilling!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

The mind boggles again when these peope throw a status up on facebook "woohoo thanks Centrelink, off to go shopping" but then a few weeks later they are on the bare bones of their @ss again????

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lemonhead For This Useful Post:

escapethefate  (16-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We get a small amount of part a annually after we do our tax returns, so that and the supplement will go towards my home birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not counting on much, we under estimated DFs income so our payments have been reduced to $20 a fortnight for now to prevent a possible debt to them. I'd say max would be 1k, if I'm lucky