+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So ex isn't planning on doing a tax return because his child support will go up.
    Does that mean I don't get the supplements?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    it shouldn't matter, I don't think you have to wait for ex partners to do a tax return (but I'm not sure- last year my ex wasn't working, he apparently has a job now but I don't imagine he would have done a return yet for the same reason, dodging cs)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by daysta112 View Post
    So ex isn't planning on doing a tax return because his child support will go up.
    You will get them just not for a while. I think around september? I had a friend in this situation. I'm pretty sure thats what happened and they based incomes on the previous financial year.
    I'm not 100% sure though.
    You could dob him into the ATO and CSA once the cut off for tax returns has been reached and he still hasn't done it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had this exact problem last year,
    he flat out said I do not care how it affects you I am not doing it,
    I contacted centerlink and all they could do was wait for the ato to do him, I ended up getting it in the september after I told everyone I knew what he had saidand he ended up doing the return

You could contact the ATO maybe?

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub
    Last edited by GuestMember; 04-07-2012 at 10:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had no luck at all with getting through to family assistance after 2 hours i got thorough only for it to cut out then couldnt get though so i give up i was told we had to let them know that we dont have to lodge a tax return im on PPS, i however did it online and it says that they were allready notified that i dont need to lodge a tax return,Now i was told that payments usually show up 2 days before the day when you recieve PP mine is now 2 days and nothing on my online services.

For PPS recepients that dont need to lodge a tax return do they organise the payments by alphabetical order??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
    I have had no luck at all with getting through to family assistance after 2 hours i got thorough only for it to cut out then couldnt get though so i give up i was told we had to let them know that we dont have to lodge a tax return im on PPS, i however did it online and it says that they were allready notified that i dont need to lodge a tax return,Now i was told that payments usually show up 2 days before the day when you recieve PP mine is now 2 days and nothing on my online services.

For PPS recepients that dont need to lodge a tax return do they organise the payments by alphabetical order??
    Call at 8am.

You still need to notify them. I had the same message. When I finally got through she begrudgingly did it for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oooh I wasn't aware of this :-(. So we have to wait for XDP to do his tax return before they give supplements? Argh I'm going overseas in 3 weeks and was hoping to have the extra funds. Damn!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster View Post
    Um won't he get in trouble for not doing his tax return?
    The tax dept don't seem to care unless they are owed money, my ex didn't do one for 7 years. He got a tax return for $28,000 when he finally did them lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemma87 View Post
    If ANY tax is withheld you MUST do a tax return!!
    I done the same as for 2 financial years when I was getting back into work force - had a small amount of tax withheld and didn't think it would be worth it!! Well I have just had a letter from the ATO stating they must be done by a certain date otherwise I will be fined $5000 :0
    They work out the penalty based on how much tax is being withheld etc!!
    I dont think thats true. I thought this and on my CL page it has a questionaire and it asked if I earned more than .... something lol and in the end I didnt have to do one. I worked only a little so thought I would but it says no... hmmm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkyPies View Post
    Oooh I wasn't aware of this :-(. So we have to wait for XDP to do his tax return before they give supplements? Argh I'm going overseas in 3 weeks and was hoping to have the extra funds. Damn!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    yup. I had to wait for XDP to do his tx return before getting anything