+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post
    I'm not saying your purchase is unnecessary, but why wait for this supplement as an excuse to buy it. Taking your example, if you needed it, why not buy it a month ago? Then you could've been making and selling more items all this past month rather than waiting.

----

It wasn't the purchases that I was objecting to, just the fact that the supplement seemed to be being used as an excuse to buy something.
    Um because some people might not have $$$ laying around for purchases like this? It can be hard to save a few extra $$$ during the year.

For me, I don't budget this supplement into our income so it's sort of a bonus which isn't ear marked for anything.

Oh and woohoo I forgot you get the $300 as well

2. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

GuestMember  (16-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm not saying your purchase is unnecessary, but why wait for this supplement as an excuse to buy it. Taking your example, if you needed it, why not buy it a month ago? Then you could've been making and selling more items all this past month rather than waiting.
    It is because I didn't have the money last month and the supplement is like a loan to buy the machine and the money I make off that be saved in my bankaccount instead of the supplement.

I think a lot of us know that this money will be coming each year and that is why we hold off buying the extras we need, just a little longer until we get this money.
    Last month I had other things to pay for like electricity, rates and phone. They were more important at the time than a sewing machine.
    Now with those bills out of the way, I can buy the sewing machine this month with the supplement. Without the supplement, I will be without a machine. Simple.

If I bought the machine a month ago, I wouldn't have been able to pay my bills and I would be overdue and get threatened with being charged extra interest.

Does this make sense? People had other things to pay (other priorities) for last month or this whole year, so they couldn't afford anything else extra they need, until the supplement.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Misschief For This Useful Post:

Crazyfamily  (01-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

----

It wasn't the purchases that I was objecting to, just the fact that the supplement seemed to be being used as an excuse to buy something.
    Because not every one has a spar grand laying around???

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Oh and woohoo I forgot you get the $300 as well
    I dont get the 300 nor the 700 Last year I only got $550,- on an income of 24k
    What is that 300 for? Do single parents get this too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

----

Sorry but I'm confused - why does it matter to you? I hate that people here love to put others down for their choices in spending THEIR money. I'll be using it for whatever I damn well like.. Maybe I'll use it as an 'excuse' to get my hair done; not necessary, but it'll make me feel nice.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PorkyPies For This Useful Post:

austmum  (16-06-2012),Benji  (16-06-2012),Crazyfamily  (01-07-2012),GuestMember  (16-06-2012),headoverfeet  (16-06-2012),sunnyflower  (16-06-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    I dont get the 300 nor the 700 Last year I only got $550,- on an income of 24k
    What is that 300 for? Do single parents get this too?
    Why didn't you get the supplement? Did you under estimate your income? The $300 is for people who receive FTB part b.

Eta also says the supplement can be used to offset an overpayment in CCB or any tax debt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Actually, the secondary income earner can earn up to almost 25k before ftb b is completely cut off.

http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne.../ftb_b_iat.htm
    True. I work fulltime, I would be worries if I earned $25k or under rofl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Why didn't you get the supplement? Did you under estimate your income? The $300 is for people who receive FTB part b.

Eta also says the supplement can be used to offset an overpayment in CCB or any tax debt.
    I receive FTB A and B and I grossly over estimate my income. I am on a basic pension and usually do not do tax returns until I started my teeny weeny business.
    It only gives me an extra 100 bucks a month orso. Its more a hobby than that I make a lot of money. Yet I have to pay tax on it.

I'll have to keep my eyes open this year and see how much I receive. That 100 bucks isn't enough for Centerlink to cut my pension, but the ATO STILL wants a piece of it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine will be going towards the humongous credit card debt I have due to DS medical and therapy.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to flyawayfree For This Useful Post:

Misschief  (16-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Ours will be put away to make sure both kids have enough school clothes for next year, I'm looking at $400 just on shoes as they'll need 2 pairs each, then put some aside for rego. Anything left will go to our Disneyland fund.