+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernard.Manny.Fran View Post
    So if you massively overestimate your income you don't get paid the difference? Last year I overestimated DHs income by 10k. We never know with weekend work and over time etc what he will earn so I estimate well over, anyway, this year will be the same.

Last year we got the $700 for ds and the $300 for the family thing but that was it. So, even if you overestimate in a big way you still only get the $700+$300?
    We over estimated by nearly 20k last year and they said the don't back pay so this year unfortunately I think the opposite happened and I under estimated but like you with dh work you can't tell how much he will make from one year to the next.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont understand. I thought if you over estimated and say you where supposed to get an extra $10 a week then at the end of the year they will give you $520 plus the supps? am I wrong?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    I dont understand. I thought if you over estimated and say you where supposed to get an extra $10 a week then at the end of the year they will give you $520 plus the supps? am I wrong?
    No you are right.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That's what I thought too - and that's why I thought I got whacked with a $3k bill - I underestimated by $16k last year so didn't get any supplements and still have to pay back the $3k.

Would be really unfair if the people who overestimated didn't get topped up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

That's how it's worked in previous years for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So if you massively overestimate your income you don't get paid the difference? Last year I overestimated DHs income by 10k. We never know with weekend work and over time etc what he will earn so I estimate well over, anyway, this year will be the same.

Last year we got the $700 for ds and the $300 for the family thing but that was it. So, even if you overestimate in a big way you still only get the $700+$300?
    You over-estimated, but did you actually earn less than your estimate, or more or equal?

If you earn less, I believe it will get compensated with your tax return and you will get more back then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post
    I really don't understand this concept.

Why spend on something extra with these supplements? Why not just leave the money in the bank and have it available when needed?
    Who says it is not needed now though? What seems unnecessary to you, might be vital to someone else.
    I got into trouble for wanting to get a new sewing machine. The things is, with the new machine, I can make and sell more items which in turn means I pay more tax and my pension gets cut back.
    So I don't see my purchase as unnecessary.

We all have different priorities. For 1 it is an iphone, for another it is to put away in an account, for another it is a way to catch up with bills.
    Unless they dont use it illegally like for buying drugs, I dont care what people do with the money. Im sure the majority of BH will use it in the best way they see fit though

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Misschief For This Useful Post:

onionskin  (16-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    You over-estimated, but did you actually earn less than your estimate, or more or equal?

If you earn less, I believe it will get compensated with your tax return and you will get more back then.

That's what I thought but we didn't last year? These are not the figures but hypothetically I said I thought DH would earn 70k for the year. All our payments were based on that 70k estimate. Then he actually only brought home 55k. Gross, not taxable.

We only got the $700+$300. So that 15k difference made absolutely no impact. That is exactly what happened last year. Should I be following this up?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    Who says it is not needed now though? What seems unnecessary to you, might be vital to someone else.
    I got into trouble for wanting to get a new sewing machine. The things is, with the new machine, I can make and sell more items which in turn means I pay more tax and my pension gets cut back.
    So I don't see my purchase as unnecessary.

We all have different priorities. For 1 it is an iphone, for another it is to put away in an account, for another it is a way to catch up with bills.
    Unless they dont use it illegally like for buying drugs, I dont care what people do with the money. Im sure the majority of BH will use it in the best way they see fit though
    I'm not saying your purchase is unnecessary, but why wait for this supplement as an excuse to buy it. Taking your example, if you needed it, why not buy it a month ago? Then you could've been making and selling more items all this past month rather than waiting.

----

It wasn't the purchases that I was objecting to, just the fact that the supplement seemed to be being used as an excuse to buy something.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That's what I thought but we didn't last year? These are not the figures but hypothetically I said I thought DH would earn 70k for the year. All our payments were based on that 70k estimate. Then he actually only brought home 55k. Gross, not taxable.

We only got the $700+$300. So that 15k difference made absolutely no impact. That is exactly what happened last year. Should I be following this up?
    You income estimate only effects your FTB part a and b payments not your supplement which will be 700+300 provided you didn't under estimate your income thus get too much in FTB payments which you would have to pay back. This is why family assistance do this supplement. If you under estimated your income for last year the you may be entitled to a catch up payment of FTB part a and b did your hubby ask who ever did his tax to automatically let family assistance know or where you meant to report his actual income yourself? Best to call them and to have his tax statement with you.