+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 5 weeks and symptons have disappeared

Hi ladies, after a year of trying and my very first round of ivf I got my BFP last week and couldn't be happier! Hcg was 330 and my nurse said no need for another blood test due to my levels being good. Last week I was noticing alot of symptons such as frequent trips to the bathroom, large nipples, tender/larger breasts and just generally felt pregnant. I was sure the fatigue was starting to kick in as I had naps in the afternoon. However this week all of a sudden my breasts arent as tender as last week and my nipples are no longer dark and enlarged, I'm still bloated but are just feeling more normal. I'm not suffering from any fatigue if anything I have insomnia I have called my nurse and raised my concerns and she has suggested another blood test and said to try and wait till Monday for my test. She said it can be common for symptons to come and go but I have been experiencing this since Tuesday! Now I'm really worried I would love to hear of anyone elses experiences with anything similar right now I'm preparing for the worse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I didn't really have any symptoms until I was 10 weeks, apart from the exhaustion which kicked in after 5 weeks. I was pretty worried as well - I didn't feel pregnant at all! everything is fine for you as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I had insomnia until about 7 weeks than fatigue hit. My symptoms also came and went a bit and I'm now 17+4 weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlyl View Post
    Hi, I had insomnia until about 7 weeks than fatigue hit. My symptoms also came and went a bit and I'm now 17+4 weeks!
    I had insomnia, and other than when ive been sick the fatigue hasn't really been an issue. I also haven't had really many symptoms at all, other than some period like cramping in ye first tri (occasionally). I'm now 16+6 and don't feel or look preg at all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, you have put my mind at ease somewhat. I'm trying to remain positive. Would just love one symptom back to know all is tracking ok. just got to hang in there till blood test on Monday. So glad I'm not the only one that has suffered from insomnia I go to bed early and wake up anywhere between 2 and 4am and can't get back to sleep. Is struggle town at work today!

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hello congrats on your bfp.

For me, my symptoms came and went on and off for quite a few weeks before they stuck around and intensified.

Alot of people dont even get symptoms until 6-7 weeks. Try not to panic yet xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey, I was the same - 1st IVF cycle, BFP, felt pregnant for about a week then symptoms seemed to go - I'm now 34 weeks pregnant! I did look for EVERY symptom, over analysed EVERYTHING - I don't think you can help it!! And no matter what friends/family etc tell you, you are going to worry and think about it all the time - this is something you have wanted for such a long time!
    I had weekly blood tests with my cycle which was reassuring - to see my levels rise each week helped me to relax a little (just a little!!). Maybe you can talk to your FS and see if this can be arranged?
    I wish you all the very best for this being a wonderful pregnancy for you!

Precious lil IVF princess on board...34 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much missbloggsy! I read your post and thought "yes that is exactly how I feel". My mum keeps saying I didn't have any symptons to 7 weeks but your so right it doesn't matter I'm still on tender hooks. I will see how my blood test goes mon and I think I may ask for more regular tests. As you said I have wanted this for a very long time.

All the best with all your pregnancies ladies xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohoo! Just got my blood test results I seriously talked myself into it being all over and my hcg was 23,000 at 5w+4d! Wow I may even brave a Due in thread soon thanks again for your replies. I still don't have my symptons back but feel heaps better about it all xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Simba124 For This Useful Post:

jmiller  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Simba124 View Post
    Woohoo! Just got my blood test results I seriously talked myself into it being all over and my hcg was 23,000 at 5w+4d! Wow I may even brave a Due in thread soon thanks again for your replies. I still don't have my symptons back but feel heaps better about it all xx
    Hi simba I'm glad your test results came back great I don't get many symptoms of being pregnant either and it does tend to worry me too, I'm 8w+2 with this bubba and all I've had is fatigue (oh my how I wish that would go lol) with DS I didn't get much other than sore b00bs and fatigue. I hope the fatigue doesn't last much longer I feel very sorry for DS cause all I want to do is sit all day (not like me) and DS is a bit of a go getter at 15mths.
    I have only introduced myself in the due date thread and I'll be waiting for my scan next week before I participate more