+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, heaps of activity on this thread today.

Dextersmum - woohoo! Stick little bean, stick!

Sammy - sorry that the crinone makes you feel so down, how awful! The 2ww is a hard slog already without added hormonal emotions x I hope work has been ok today.

Crafty - 12dpo may still be a bit early. I read stats once that said the average pos came at 13-14 dpo. Fingers still crossed!

Renvind - bugger that pregnyl lol! I only have the one booster at 7dpo usually, and I know that AF normally arrives 9 days after booster and a hpt should be ok by 8 days post booster. But my aim this cycle is to wait it out to blood test on the 26th if AF doesn't arrive on the 24th but not sure I will succeed lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sammy and Lee I'm on the 26th as well. Feels like a lifetime away.
    DextersMum that is absolutely wonderful I'm sending sticky sticky thoughts your way.

I got a bit upset last night. My partner was getting carried away with the statistics... you know, there's approx a 33% chance of pregnancy at FET, but it might go up because of this or down because of that... and I was just really angry, this is our chance to have a child, it's not a maths problem! Ok, I think I might be a bit hormonal
    But I just feel like, the stats lie. I mean the chances of miscarrying at the time I did are pretty small, but it still happened. You've just got to have hope, and trust that things are meant to happen. I have hope for all of us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Becsh-my DH was also asking me about stats I think they are just that way minded. I said to him it's a 40% chance I think, but honestly I don't really know. He said 40% was great, he is the hopeful one, although into stats he is ever so positive!!!

Good luck with the TWW

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow lots of us testing on the 26th Besch! I hope we all beat the stats and get a series of BFPs!

I try not to think about the stats too much & just stay positive, but it's hard because im a typical realist, and realists look at the stats grrrr!

Whatever happens, it's out of our hands at this point, so good luck all x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all - just a quick one from me as I have to head out....spoke to my clinic today, my blood test will also be 26/06! I did ask about the pregnyl showing up but apparently they have "it geared for that" ??? whatever that means...

Btw - my DH is fixated on the stats as well! I think it's a man thing.

It's funny, a few friends of ours assume that IVF has 100% success, I had a mini argument with a good friend yesterday (she always thinks she knows everything, annoying to some but part of her charm), who was convinced it was 100% successful and wouldn't hear of it being 30 -40% until I said, "hmmm, you're right, I would have no idea about any of this, you would definately be the expert"...hahaha - that shut her up...gotta love her though..

so here I am, feeling bloated again, to the point of being constantly uncomfortable. I haven't slept more than 3 hours for the last 4 nights and I think it's because of the bloating....it seems to be worse at night..

Hope all is well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Renvind - were you a fresh cycle? If so how many eggs did they pick up? Bloating could be mild ohss- this can be made worse by hcg (yes your pregnyl shot again!) is the bloating noticable to look at, or just a feeling of pressure?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lee - it is a fresh cycle for me - my first ever. I had 7 eggs retrieved so not a huge amount but better than expected (my real first cycle was cancelled as I didn't respond to the meds).

I didn't get bloated until a few days ago. I recovered from the EPU really well. I would say it's the pregnyl, as the first injection is when it started to get overly uncomfortable.

It certainly feels noticeable but I don't think too much- I don't think I look 6 months preggers or anything. My DH has noticed it. Interestingly it's not just below my belly button, my tummy is big above my belly button too...and I'm uncomfortable and tight in the tummy all the time, although it's so much worse at night. This morning I had abdomen pains when I would turn to the side (they've stopped now).

I'm thinking it's the pessaries and the pregnyl together, I guess I will find out in a week...(man! a whole week!) I have my last pregnyl shot tomorrow, so interesting to see if kicks starts the bloating all over again!

The joy of it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi renvind - not nice! It does sound like mild ohss, the symptoms don't kick in until a few days after EPU because your hormones don't shoot up (prog) until the eggs form corpus luteum which also swells your ovaries further. I hope it starts to feel better soon hun. Last pregnyl shot tomorrow at least! And you are testing with us on the 26th! What a busy day that will be! x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning all

How is everyone today?

sorry Dexter - I must have missed it . Congrats on your positive and fingers crossed for a smooth ride for you and your bean for the next 9 months.

Hi Lee- no it hasn't been nice. I'm always a really healthy person - the kind that never gets sick, and I have been feeling awful for almost a week. The pressure and discomfort is constant and has not gone away.

and yes, last pregnyl taken this morning.

Last night I had the worst heartburn. I have never had heart burn before now and now I realise I have had it slightly for the last few days (the other discomfort took the focus of it) but last night! Omg! It was dreadful and I really couldn't lie down flat, I was burning all the way from my tummy to just below my neck and could feel (sorry TMI) chunks just sitting on my chest. I really felt like barfing. sorry.

But I would definately go through this every day for the next 9 months if it gives me a baby....aghhh! please baby gods!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all
    can I join here too
    I had a fresh transfer on 14th june just 2 day as my progesterone was borderline high and they froze the rest 4 more fertilised

Im not confident I fell like af is coming time will tell

congrats dextersmum

best wishes to everyone else in the 2ww it does your head in well mine anyway