+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Because they may be scared of natural birth. I was so so scared and didn't commit to either birthing decision all the way up to my due date... I wanted natural but was so incredibly scared I couldn't commit, plus my dr was happy to let me choose.

Ended up having emergency c section after i was hospitalized because my son wasn't moving and I started gushing blood. Was a little relieved though to be honest. But next baby I'm going to try natural as the c sec recovery is unbelievably excruciating for weeks. It's helped me get over my fear of natural birth lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My OB suggested it because DS was on the bigger side, but really I think he preferred c-sections and in all honesty I was fine with that. The method of birth has never been a concern of mine I just cared about DS and I being okay.

Having now had a pain free and textbook c-section I find that the idea of a natural birth a little scary and I will happily have another c-section should we have another child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will be having my second baby via elective c section after an emergency c section with my first.
    My obs and I discussed my options this time around and he told me that there have been many cases ( documented in medical journals, not his patients!) where vbac have gone too long...and the scar has burst killing both mother and child.
    Although the risk of this happening is very small it was enough for me. I am not emotionally attached to the idea of a natural birth like some women so it was an easy decision.

I actually had more fear of having stitches in my vijay jay than across my abdomen. I know that's sounds weird but that's how I feel.
    My birth my body my baby my decision.
    I actually enjoyed my c section so can't wait to go for another

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milly Molly Mandy For This Useful Post:

missjess86  (14-06-2012),Wise Enough  (15-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I chose to have one because I believed it was easier on my body than natural labour. I was also going to a private hospital and the rate of emergency c-sections is quite high, so I didn't want to push for hours and end up having a c-section anyway. I was worried about prolapse and interventions (which may require cuts and stitches too), especially with the history of births my mum had. It ended up being an emergency because my waters broke early, but the whole procedure took about half an hour, and I was up and out of bed the next day, and off painkillers the next so I have absolutely no regrets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had a scheduled c-section with my first, he was breech. I really enjoyed the experience.

When I got pregnant with my second I weighed up the pro's and con's. I'm too terrified of an emergency c-section after a long labour to attempt a VBAC and I have no desire to experience a vaginal birth so was okay with this. I was happy to repeat my previous experience as it was a good one.

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    First I didn't have a choice. 2nd was really to just have a date for my dad to fly over from Perth, and coz its what I new. I don't care if people judge me on those reasons I thought long an hard about it. And I wanted my dad to be there for it as he only got a few weeks off and night of missed it complelty. And I wouldn't change it if I could....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I chose to have an elective c-section for personal reasons early on but then ended up with a low lying placenta so the choice was taken away from me. I was actually pleased about this as it meant I had something to tell people when they asked why!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    Because id had one already, and didnt want to fight for a vbac which i wasnt confident in succeeding anyways.

Why does anyone care how others birth?
    ^^ this

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pina Colada View Post
    I had an emergency c-section the first time, and I didn't want to go through labour again, I had a real fear that I would go through all of those hours and pain again and end up having another c-section anyway. My 2nd and 3rd elective c-sections were fantastic.
    Similar situation here. I had an emergency section after an 18 hr induced labour for my first birth so I chose an elective 2nd time around which was a much better experience for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anxiety that affects someone so much that it may compromise the safety of mum and baby during natural vaginal birth so instead of an emergency c section in that case they will sometimes allow a planned elective c section. This of course is after other measures have been taken and not been as effected as hoped ie. counselling and psychological support services.

Edit - these are considered medical reasons though