+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep! Enjoying both.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    Just finished watching. Interesting, not quite sure how I feel about it just yet.
    I will be interested to see where they take them. I fear that all of the people leading quiet, boring lives who would happily share a meal with some Indians can never speak as loudly as those who are out on the streets raging against diversity. Sad.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

austmum  (20-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Is anybody watching the Ross kemp show after this one
    Yes wow just awful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Which Ross Kemp is it and does anyone know if this 'Dumb, Drunk and Racist' will be available online? We don't get tv here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its called extreme world

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Which Ross Kemp is it and does anyone know if this 'Dumb, Drunk and Racist' will be available online? We don't get tv here.
    My god, when you said "don't get tv" I swear I broke into a cold sweat.
    Probably on ABC iView. Normally they show up there the next day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tildy View Post
    Isn't not noticing race offensive to some people though. Like they have so much pride in thier culture and take the time to keep thier language alive while using english as well and then no one acknowledges that in the slightest because everyone is the same? IMO inclusion is not really about not noticing but that accepting that these differences are awesome and welcome and normal because every single person on earth is different. By making such an effort to not notice you are saying that there is something wrong with acknowledging thier differences and therefore implies a lack of acceptance. I would rather notice the differences and celebrate them rather than ignore them. That includes the various white people as well. In my 2 yr old class we had mainly white kids but within that white group we had polish, swedish, swiss, and german and we taught the kids about all those cultures and used many different languages in our songs. Difference should be celebrated.
    I agree. My dd is Australian and African I teach her to celebrate and be proud of who she is not hide is and say she's the same as everyone else because everyone has differences. Even for white aussies we all have different shades of skin. So would it be racist to say the lady with a tan?! I didn't watch the show just wanted to agree with tildys post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    My god, when you said "don't get tv" I swear I broke into a cold sweat.
    Probably on ABC iView. Normally they show up there the next day.
    Thank you, it's there!

We have a tv, well we have 4 tv's. We watch docos, movies, tv series, but don't have FTA tv or Paid TV. No advertising and I can choose what we watch and when.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My husband was asking what on earth I was watching because I looked so upset.

When that woman screamed out 'Muslims suck' it really rocked me, then the preview of the refugee hate marches was just awful.

That Sergio guy was a total moron. Ugh, I feel ill, but am looking forward to next weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just started watching it and I find it so confronting to think people are genuinely fearful for friends and loved ones planning to go to Australia.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast