+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    We have defense housing close by and have not had any break-ins or property damage in this area for over a year. I live in Townsville.
    My rental property is in willow bank in Kirwan but I use to live in greenwood estate and my house backed onto the park, our house was broken into while we were watching tv in our room eeeek. But out at willow bank there have been any reported trouble from our tanants. It's so bad that insurance companies can charge you so much to insure your house when most of the town has a high crime rate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm not far from the base.
    Don't be fooled into thinking that area is crime free, at least one member per week from DHs unit is having a car stolen and lots of cars are being dumped near the base. It is seriously all over town.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    E&S, you're amazing and you know I think that already. I couldn't do what you do and no matter the amount of business trips or time away DH has in the future, I know that it won't compare to being a military wife. The lack of control over your life and the level of stress involved is something I couldn't handle.

Luckily? DH tried to get in the military when he was younger but failed so it won't ever happen for us!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

elleandsam  (15-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elleandsam View Post
    Don't be fooled into thinking that area is crime free, at least one member per week from DHs unit is having a car stolen and lots of cars are being dumped near the base. It is seriously all over town.
    We aren't right next to there, but about 5 minutes in the car. My friend from work lives in that street and there have been 2 break-ins in the street since she moved in 6 years ago. Fights and parties are a different story.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We aren't right next to there, but about 5 minutes in the car. My friend from work lives in that street and there have been 2 break-ins in the street since she moved in 6 years ago. Fights and parties are a different story.
    Have you had a look at the crime busters page on the Townsville Bulletin page? It's fairly evenly spread across Townsville.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you had a look at the crime busters page on the Townsville Bulletin page? It's fairly evenly spread across Townsville.
    No I don't buy the paper but I do watch what happens in my area.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh I may re think the idea of moving back for ds to start school there. It sounds like its safer to be here in Brisbane

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh some of the locations of DHA property's suck. Our brisbane posting we were offered North lakes, Kallunger and Mcdowall. Well north lakes and kallanger are way to far to drive and it would leave me without a car. We ended up getting a new property in mcdowall. I feel for the women that can't drive because army life is already very isolating. I love our little estate as its all army and our kids get to play in the street together which is lovey.

We are lucky in the fact that we have quite a few options in terms of posting locations due to hubby area of empoyment.

Oh and Have you ladies checked out the I hate DHA site. bahahahaha. Its gold.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I don't buy the paper but I do watch what happens in my area.
    There's a diagram on their website mapping all the crime, it's really quite shocking. We'd lived here in this house for over a year and thought we were in a good area, boy were we wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fichicken View Post
    Oh and Have you ladies checked out the I hate DHA site. bahahahaha. Its gold.
    Do you have a link? I cant seem to find it.