+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Amira View Post
    How much longer for a new posting? That is just disgusting!!
    2 years. And we won't be posted earlier due to budget cuts and the chances of a back to back posting are very high.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elleandsam View Post
    2 years. And we won't be posted earlier due to budget cuts and the chances of a back to back posting are very high.
    Im so sorry that is really beyond words. I'll be honest and say I dont know much about the Army system but I just cant believe they think thats acceptable living situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Im so sorry that is really beyond words. I'll be honest and say I dont know much about the Army system but I just cant believe they think thats acceptable living situation.
    Problem is that it's all throughout Townsville and with there being so few posting locations for cooks everyone needs to do their time here at some point iykwim.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Problem is that it's all throughout Townsville and with there being so few posting locations for cooks everyone needs to do their time here at some point iykwim.
    See thats what i find amazing. People refer to Richmond (western Sydney) as one of the places you need to do your time in. It was our fault we picked this suburb. But its nothing compared to what you're dealing with.
    Really hope your luck changes soon and you get posted out of there soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Sp's who say "let's not compare, dont judge, we don't know all the facts about one another etc" ....

Then follow it by "BUT... You have your partner." or "BUT.... you have the security of a relationship"

Well that's 'whoa me' judging disguised by attempts to make it look otherwise.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

elleandsam  (15-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive honestly never been a single parent. Ive also never been a FIFO parent either. But I have been a Defence Force parent for over 11 years.

Its sad that we all judge before we just offer support.

Thanks
    Reviews
    See thats what i find amazing. People refer to Richmond (western Sydney) as one of the places you need to do your time in. It was our fault we picked this suburb. But its nothing compared to what you're dealing with.
    Really hope your luck changes soon and you get posted out of there soon!
    Cooks only have Holsworthy, Townsville, Brisbane and Darwin. Everyone wants Holsworthy and Brisbane, no one wants Townsville or Darwin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think there are so many people who are so "woe-is-me" and think that they are doing it tougher than everyone else.
    I hate people like that and think it makes a mockery of those like yourself in a really tough emotional and physical situation.
    I don't really have a point, just want to show my support for those doing it alone!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to One of THOSE mums! For This Useful Post:

elleandsam  (15-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you with defence housing???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The conversation from which this comes from went like this.
    Me "DH goes out field on Monday, he'll be back in about 6 weeks. They're going tactical so there will be pretty limited contact if at all. And he'll be roughing it, sleeping outside, no shower, toilet is a hole dug in the ground etc."
    Friend "Oh I get what you mean, S went away for business one night last week and they put him up in the most awful hotel and his phone reception was so bad we resorted to Skype."

Not the same, not even in the same ballpark.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. We'll survive this trip just like we do every other one, but the time before he goes is always pretty daunting.
    Ok I see your point!! Definitely a bit different in that case!

Can you speak to defense housing (I think it's Toll now?) and see if there's even a slightly better area you could go? Or if they can install some security measures?

When I was a newborn we were posted in puckapunyal and all of mum's family was in brisbane. Dad was away all the time and the house we lived in was condemned and knocked down after we left (posted to Townsville). As dad moved up the ranks we got better housing but it must have been horrid for mum during those early years!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

elleandsam  (15-06-2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast