+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wantmore View Post
    Em does ur mum live on sunny coast like u did? Only asking cause I'm looking for a cleaner?
    yeah she is bur currently has too Many cleaning jobs and has had to turn people away haha !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    How did you find them?
    Did you interview them? How many if you did interview?
    How much per hour do they charge?
    What do they clean for you?
    How often do they come? Is that enough for your needs?

Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub
    I found my cleaner on recommendation from our real estate agent.

No formal interview - a decent phone conversation though.

$25 per hour (approximately 3 hours on average) each fortnight.

Main bathroom / ensuite, vacuum / mop whole house, full dust, stove & oven clean, will fold washing if asked. That's all I can think of but I'm sure she does more. She is a lovely older grandma type lady.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well that sucks cause I need a new one lol o well guess I just gotta keep looking! Thanks anyways

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also before i go to bed, when they first started, were you at home? Did you ever worry about theft or anything?

This is just something i am really considering because i am worn out from working so much and i want time to rest and be mum to but its hard when so much house work that builds up if i dont have it in me to do it after work.

I was 36 weeks pregnant when I first employed her so was home the first couple of months between being heavily pregnant and having a new born. She now comes on the day I'm at work and the boys are at day care which is why she now takes 3 hours instead of 4!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummyOf2Sweeties View Post
    So they would like clean dishes if u hadn't had a chance? Just curious
    Yes! Im usually pretty good with tidying before she comes so she can do the stuff I hate n do it well like scrubbing bathrooms.

But she's done dishes, folded some clothes, cleaned the microwave, taken out bins that are full, cleaned venetian blinds, made the bed.. she just looks for anything that needs doing!

When we had a housemate whose rooms were crazy messy, she'd collect plates out of rooms, make beds, pick clothes up of the floor.. Ect. Which annoyed me cause it was a waste if her time due to a lazy housemate. :/

When she first came over.. She told us what she'd be able to do in the timeframe and yeah.. You can go from there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh - and she brings all her own equipment / products.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also before i go to bed, when they first started, were you at home? Did you ever worry about theft or anything?

No! She has our key.. I hate being here when she's here cause i'd just like to let her do her thing without getting in the way. She uses all her own equipment and she uses no chemicals.. All natural products like vinegar n stuff. Except she'll use chemicals in the bathrooms. This was all asked for by us.

We have never worried about theft. She once broke a vase and she felt so terrible!! It only cost us $4 from an op shop n i told her don't even worry about it. She felt guilty for ages! Naw.

I honestly could not recommend her highly enough. I would give up eating out once a week to have her instead if it came down to it. I HATE cleaning and our house is huge with lots of tiles.. My back would be killing if i did what she does.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use an agency. Magic maids. I tell them what I want done. I use them 3 hours every fortnight. I have a large home but we keep it very neat and clean. I have a four bed, two bath, study, meals, formal lounge, formal dining, family and playroom. I wouldn't mind getting them once a week but don't think I really need them that much. We vacuum in between. I don't get them to do the kitchen as that is cleaned after dinner every night. I only get them to dust, vacuum, clean toilets, bathrooms and mop floors. They do s great job. It's a team of three so in and out in an hour .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Tomorrow i am going to make some phone calls to people on gumtree and agencies as well.

All i want done each fortnight is floors mopped, loungeroom vacuumed as its carpet, bathroom and toilet cleaned and some folding done. I am guessing best to go through an independant cleaner perhaps as i would love my folding to be done as its one job i hate with a passion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did you find them?
    Service seeking.com.au
    Did you interview them?
    Yes. They came and quoted and I asked a few questions etc.
    How many if you did interview? 3 I had 2 do trial cleans.
    How much per hour do they charge?
    $20 an hour for one person.
    What do they clean for you?
    Everything I need done. Including 2 bathrooms, floors vacuumed and moped, dusting, washing up and ironing when we need it.
    How often do they come? Once a fortnight for 4-5 yes.
    Is that enough for your needs? Sometimes we need more, but I pick up the slack as it is a huge expense. I am currently pregnant and have pelvic issues so would love them to come weekly.

Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub[/QUOTE]