+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never experienced a natural birth. I've had 5 caesareans. The first, under general anaesthetic wasn't ideal as I took a while to come out of the anaesthetic and it was many hours before I saw him. Everything clicked into place once I had him in my arms - the other 4 caesaren births were amazing. I was overwhelmed with love for my babies, so having a caesarean had no impact on my bonding experience. It also didn't impact on breastfeeding.

I had no complications, pain was bearable and I have had no issues since giving birth. For me, it was about the baby and their birth day is but one day. There is so much more that comes after.

For me, having my babies by caesarean was a fantastic experience.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Clarabelle For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Happymum2 View Post
    My experience with public hospitals Is unless there is an issue they don't do elective c-sections, having said this I did ask my midwife about it and she said that the only time they will even consider it without the persons having medical issues is when women are extremely anxious about giving birth (to the point where it could lead to medical issues like high blood pressure etc). Maybe ask to speak to an ob at your hospital.
    Yeah had a feeling they where pretty useless, my last appointment with the midwife I asked " so when I go into labour what do I do? Do I call first? Go to L&D? Go to emergency?" being my first I thought this was a standard question...
    I was told I can ask them questions at 36-37 weeks make an appointment for another 2 weeks and out the door I went...
    Soooo I'm guessing going into labour is a 36 week secret? So over them already its all been horrible

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koberose View Post
    Yeah had a feeling they where pretty useless, my last appointment with the midwife I asked " so when I go into labour what do I do? Do I call first? Go to L&D? Go to emergency?" being my first I thought this was a standard question...
    I was told I can ask them questions at 36-37 weeks make an appointment for another 2 weeks and out the door I went...
    Soooo I'm guessing going into labour is a 36 week secret? So over them already its all been horrible
    Do you see them same midwife at every appointment? If so, I would be asking to speak to someone about changing midwives. Not sure how it works with your hospital but with mine, I asked to go into the midwife program where you see the same midwife at every appointment and they are there with you when you give birth.

The last thing I would want is to have a midwife who I didn't get along and wasn't supportive. I would definitely be asking to change.

And also when you do go into labour you either call your midwife or emergency and they will tell you whether to come in or wait a little longer.

Fingers crossed it all works out you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've had a VB with an episiotomy and an emergency c-section and I found the recovery after the VB much better than the c-section. I guess with the c-section being an emergency wasn't ideal and already having DS to look after made it hard. I mentally also struggled with the fact that i had done a VB first but couldn't do it second time but DD was breech and they scared me out of attempting to VB a breech baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had three vaginal births and FOR ME PERSONALLY, I loved them. Obviously it was hard and it hurt, but that feeling of them sliding out on that last push is the most amazing feeling ever. The sense of achievement for me was also amazing. I am lucky all my births were straight forward and recovery time was pretty much zero. I am preg with twins now and am trying to mentally prepare myself for the fact I may need a c/s. I thought I was okay with it, they are my last so will never have to fight for a vbac, I've experienced natural birth etc. But I recently heard about my usually-home birthing acquaintance who had a (necessary) CS and I realised I'm really not ok with it. I will be devastated, I am so scared of surgery, even though I know I will only have it if it's absolutely necessary, the idea absolutely terrifies and saddens me.

And I just want to say how incredibly rude and uncompassionate it is to imply women should just be happy with a healthy baby. I strongly suggest reading into birth trauma as its not an either/or situation.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annabella For This Useful Post:

emzluvbub  (14-06-2012),misskittyfantastico  (14-06-2012)

heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've had two c sections , never a vaginal birth and they were such easy painless experiences for me , I'm actually In awe of people that have vaginal births , I think they are pretty amazing and brave as the thought terrifies me .

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    While I havent had a caesarean (Fingers crossed my placenta moves up in the next two weeks!) I think it would be harder, especially the recovery time!
    I know some people bounce back quickly, but Im worried I wouldnt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I guess because I'd had previous abdominal surgery I felt more comfortable with that option.

In regards to my earlier comments about not understand people complaining about needing a c section: what do you think you missed out on most? The agony of labour? The tearing of your vag? Light blader leakage? Raising a child with special needs because the birth didn't go as planned?

I'm not trying to be a b1tch here. Many have said they didn't fight their ob enough when he said C Section. I know it's your body, I just don't think you know better than a trained medical professional.

For those who said they weren't mentally prepared for a CS, 30% of births in hospitals are CS, higher in private hospitals. Shouldn't that have been something considered in advance?

People kept asking me when I was pregnant what my birth plan was, and I would answer to get the baby out. I bonded with her just fine, and I certainly felt endorphins when I saw her for the first time. They've actually never stopped since I saw her.

I'm not belittling your feelings, as you feel them so they are very real to you. I'm just pointing out a different point of view.
    Wow, just wow!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post

In regards to my earlier comments about not understand people complaining about needing a c section: what do you think you missed out on most? The agony of labour? The tearing of your vag? Light blader leakage? Raising a child with special needs because the birth didn't go as planned?
    Can I turn this back on you as an experiment? As you say, not belittling your feelings, just pointing out another point of view:

For those who do not understand wanting a vaginal birth: "do you not want to know what your body performing its ultimate function feels like? Do you not want to experience giving life to your child without the aid of surgeons and drugs? Do you really welcome what is potentially totally unnecessary major abdominal surgery, with chances down the track for adhesions/bowel obstructions/wound infections? Did you really look forward to the difficulty mobilising those first few magical hours with your child? Didn't you wish you could pee on your own immediately after delivery? You're okay with the risk of a scalpel wound on your child's face to scar them forever? Do you not wonder what it would have been like to deliver your child onto your chest, rather than have them held above a curtain with a stranger's gloved hands their first touch?"

I mean, really. I'm amazed anyone can be so blindingly one-sided as to present such an "point of view".

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Piffle For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (15-06-2012),delirium  (15-06-2012),emzluvbub  (14-06-2012),Kadorite  (14-06-2012),missie_mackxxxx  (15-06-2012),Mod-Uniquey  (14-06-2012),Stiflers Mom  (15-06-2012),Theophania  (15-06-2012),wrena  (15-06-2012)

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    This thread wasn't meant for arguing. So please try an be nice everyone xxx goodnight an thanks you all for your opinions and views xxx